AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Enjoy your cruise and stop responding :) In the meantime I will try disabling any non-required kexts and then re-enable one by one to see if I can figure out anything. Thanks for the insight.

It is a sea day and I very bored. My thumb is hurting from playing the Steam Deck for 12 hours so your questions are actually beneficial.

KemikalHalo

AMD OS X Member
It is a sea day and I very bored. My thumb is hurting from playing the Steam Deck for 12 hours so your questions are actually beneficial.
How is the steam deck? I have narrowed it down to being a conflict between the fenvi bluetooth and builtin bluetooth causing the crash. I could just disable the internal but want to use it in windows. Next step is to try the kexts for enabling the onboard WiFi and BT or disable onboard BT in the devices section. Then if those both fail I can just disable them both in the bios and use the fence in windows too.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Next step is to try the kexts for enabling the onboard WiFi and BT or disable onboard BT in the devices section.

At some point I had both the onboard Wi-Fi and the Fenvi active in Windows 11 and noticed that the lowly wifi 5 Fenvi was connecting to my ASUS router at 1300 Megabits while the onboard Wi-Fi 6E was connecting at 900 Megabits.

So I just disabled the onboard wifi and use the Fenvi for both OSs.

Same for Bluetooth.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
How is the steam deck? I have narrowed it down to being a conflict between the fenvi bluetooth and builtin bluetooth causing the crash. I could just disable the internal but want to use it in windows. Next step is to try the kexts for enabling the onboard WiFi and BT or disable onboard BT in the devices section. Then if those both fail I can just disable them both in the bios and use the fence in windows too.
Hi, I have the same mobo. What BIOS do you use? I returned to 4204 and test, because at 4404 sometimes the whole system after waking up from sleep (monterey and ventura) froze and dropped the BIOS into F1 settings ... Windows is OK, no problem. I now have Monterey OC 0.8.3 without modification for Ventura. Ventura 0.8.3 from @johnlietzke (thanks) worked perfectly.
EDIT : So barely I wrote it so it froze again .... BIOS it will not be ...

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

The steam deck is quite impressive for a handheld. For gaming it is comparable to many higher end gaming laptops. While not as robust for other tasks for gaming it is very good.

Plugged in for longer uses allows 60fps to be used on most newer games. It has something similar to Radeon Chill in new games. At lower demanding times it automatically scales down the fps and then increases when more demanding action is required. This both helps with battery life and thermals.

Overall I am very pleased and surprised with the quality of game play.

The native Broadcom WiFi card works perfectly with MacOS. The only downside is the far slower speeds in Windows of around 400mbps. The drives for Windows are also required to get it up and running.

Given Ethernet ports work fine in Windows if one has the ability to use them and the WiFI on MacOS it is the best of both world compromise for a Hackintosh in my opinion.

KemikalHalo

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I have the same mobo. What BIOS do you use? I returned to 4204 and test, because at 4404 sometimes the whole system after waking up from sleep (monterey and ventura) froze and dropped the BIOS into F1 settings ... Windows is OK, no problem. I now have Monterey OC 0.8.3 without modification for Ventura. Ventura 0.8.3 from @johnlietzke (thanks) worked perfectly.
EDIT : So barely I wrote it so it froze again .... BIOS it will not be ...
I also went back to 4204, and it has been stable, but I also went back to 0.8.2 and disabled the onboard WiFi and Bluetooth. My current EFI is attached minus the platform info. The only thing not currently working is the 2.5 ethernet. I may try updating my bios and update to OC 0.8.3 later this evening and will update after that.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 8

Pabo

Donator
Donator
I also went back to 4204, and it has been stable, but I also went back to 0.8.2 and disabled the onboard WiFi and Bluetooth. My current EFI is attached minus the platform info. The only thing not currently working is the 2.5 ethernet. I may try updating my bios and update to OC 0.8.3 later this evening and will update after that.
Don't you have 2.5 Ethernet shutdown in BIOS? Do you have the 2.5 Ethernet connected to the board in the correct slot? Sorry stupid questions ..... I will send evening you my efi for Monterey 0.8.3

KemikalHalo

AMD OS X Member
Don't you have 2.5 Ethernet shutdown in BIOS? Do you have the 2.5 Ethernet connected to the board in the correct slot? Sorry stupid questions ..... I will send evening you my efi for Monterey 0.8.3
No, I only disabled onboard WiFi and Bluetooth. It would be great to compare EFIs if you can send yours later 🙃

Pabo

Donator
Donator
No, I only disabled onboard WiFi and Bluetooth. It would be great to compare EFIs if you can send yours later
No, I only disabled onboard WiFi and Bluetooth. It would be great to compare EFIs if you can send yours later 🙃
Here's my efi 0.8.3 for Monterey 12.5. Not set for Ventura Beta. Don't forget to set CPU Core Count for your AMD processor

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 24

KemikalHalo

AMD OS X Member
At some point I had both the onboard Wi-Fi and the Fenvi active in Windows 11 and noticed that the lowly wifi 5 Fenvi was connecting to my ASUS router at 1300 Megabits while the onboard Wi-Fi 6E was connecting at 900 Megabits.

So I just disabled the onboard wifi and use the Fenvi for both OSs.

Same for Bluetooth.
I did the same now. I'll be hardwired most of the time anyway, it's more for all the apple services to work.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I did the same now. I'll be hardwired most of the time anyway, it's more for all the apple services to work.

I hear you.

Somewhere on page 50 of this thread I learned that in order to have handoff, continuity and unlock by Apple Watch to work, Bluetooth and Wi-FI had to be Broadcom based.

My personal preference would have been to get all of the onboard stuff working, particularly since it was Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.0

But handoff and continuity or some of my favorite things about the Apple ecosystem, so given that it’s got to be Broadcom or nothing at all, I’ll stick with Broadcom.

It’s just the cherry on top of the Broadcom Wi-Fi connects to my router at a higher speed then be on board Intel.

I’m currently hardwired using Acasis USB-C hub Ethernet, But all the Broadcom Apple services are invaluable to me.

KemikalHalo

AMD OS X Member
I hear you.

Somewhere on page 50 of this thread I learned that in order to have handoff, continuity and unlock by Apple Watch to work, Bluetooth and Wi-FI had to be Broadcom based.

My personal preference would have been to get all of the onboard stuff working, particularly since it was Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.0

But handoff and continuity or some of my favorite things about the Apple ecosystem, so given that it’s got to be Broadcom or nothing at all, I’ll stick with Broadcom.

It’s just the cherry on top of the Broadcom Wi-Fi connects to my router at a higher speed then be on board Intel.

I’m currently hardwired using Acasis USB-C hub Ethernet, But all the Broadcom Apple services are invaluable to me.
I didn't bother testing the speeds of the onboard vs Broadcom, but now you have me curious so I may have to test that.

KemikalHalo

AMD OS X Member
@Galve2000 I tried your EFI, but I had random reboots with it. That said, I also upgraded my previous EFI to 0.8.3 and it also had random reboots. One other interesting thing I ran into using yours was that RestrictEvents didn't display the correct processor in about this Mac. That led me to start from scratch with my config using the ACPI and Kext folders from here and so far I have not had a random reboot. I am still on bios 4204.

The one thing I still can't get to work is 2.5GHz ethernet, I even added it to the devices section to see if that would help and nothing. If anyone has any insight how to get it working it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 7

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Galve2000 I tried your EFI, but I had random reboots with it. That said, I also upgraded my previous EFI to 0.8.3 and it also had random reboots. One other interesting thing I ran into using yours was that RestrictEvents didn't display the correct processor in about this Mac. That led me to start from scratch with my config using the ACPI and Kext folders from here and so far I have not had a random reboot. I am still on bios 4204.

The one thing I still can't get to work is 2.5GHz ethernet, I even added it to the devices section to see if that would help and nothing. If anyone has any insight how to get it working it would be greatly appreciated.

I’m honored that you would use my EFI.

I don’t remember uploading an EFI to this site, but I’ve been here over 2 months. It’s possible.

I also added an SSDT for my 6900XT, which I hope you removed from the ACPI folder.

Also, my processor core count is for a 5950X. Is that what you are using?

I haven’t gotten the Intel i225v Ethernet to work either, but I have some ideas about how to get it to work. Stay tuned.

KemikalHalo

AMD OS X Member
I’m honored that you would use my EFI.

I don’t remember uploading an EFI to this site, but I’ve been here over 2 months. It’s possible.

I also added an SSDT for my 6900XT, which I hope you removed from the ACPI folder.

Also, my processor core count is for a 5950X. Is that what you are using?

I haven’t gotten the Intel i225v Ethernet to work either, but I have some ideas about how to get it to work. Stay tuned.
:ROFLMAO: I referenced the wrong post it was actually the EFI @Pabo posted above, sorry for the confusion

eufori

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys! I pretty much have this setup and followed this guide, thank you very much :)

I have a question. I made this build following this guide and got everything working, but I changed my RAM speed in BIOS to 3400mhz from 3200mhz (they are 3200 natively). After I set that and restarted, my computer got stuck on POST screen, and I couldn't boot into BIOS. I then tried restarting again, and now there is not even life on my screen, and DRAM orange light is lighted up on the mobo. Fans are running and lights are on, but there doesn't seem to be any reaction to input, no booting, no display. I have even tried with a different GPU.

I have earlier been able to drive up my ram, before this guide to 3600mhz. Is this because I have set config to DOCP? I would guess it's not normal that all my 4 ram chips should be bricked by increasing this by 200mhz? I just find this weird. I have tried moving all the sticks around in all sorts of configurations, one chip at a time, two, in every slot etc. I have tried to reset BIOS by removing CMOS battery and draining the computer for electricity, shorted the pins to reset BIOS as per the mobo manual etc. but there is no difference. The orange light is still on.

Does anyone know what can have happened to my computer? Is it likely that it's only the RAM that is fried, or is it more likely that it is the mobo? I have ordered new RAM chips which hopefully arrive next week, I just find it so weird that all RAM could be broken as I have previously had it run at 3600mhz until I changed my BIOS settings to what is recommended in this guide.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys! I pretty much have this setup and followed this guide, thank you very much :)

I have a question. I made this build following this guide and got everything working, but I changed my RAM speed in BIOS to 3400mhz from 3200mhz (they are 3200 natively). After I set that and restarted, my computer got stuck on POST screen, and I couldn't boot into BIOS. I then tried restarting again, and now there is not even life on my screen, and DRAM orange light is lighted up on the mobo. Fans are running and lights are on, but there doesn't seem to be any reaction to input, no booting, no display. I have even tried with a different GPU.

I have earlier been able to drive up my ram, before this guide to 3600mhz. Is this because I have set config to DOCP? I would guess it's not normal that all my 4 ram chips should be bricked by increasing this by 200mhz? I just find this weird. I have tried moving all the sticks around in all sorts of configurations, one chip at a time, two, in every slot etc. I have tried to reset BIOS by removing CMOS battery and draining the computer for electricity, shorted the pins to reset BIOS as per the mobo manual etc. but there is no difference. The orange light is still on.

Does anyone know what can have happened to my computer? Is it likely that it's only the RAM that is fried, or is it more likely that it is the mobo? I have ordered new RAM chips which hopefully arrive next week, I just find it so weird that all RAM could be broken as I have previously had it run at 3600mhz until I changed my BIOS settings to what is recommended in this guide.

I have had something similar happen after playing with the BIOS on the X570 I Gaming. The Orange or White light would come on at post and nothing I did would fix it.

The way I got my system to work was holding down the power button for 10 seconds. It booted again with Orange or White light. I then unplugged the power to the to the system and let is set over night. The next next morning it would boot.

Had it happens with on different occasions with both the Orange and White light. Sitting without power for an extended period of time resolved the issue for me. When I boot the next morning I saw the Post screen and and press Delete to get into the BIOS where I was able to reconfigure it. I set it to the proper Hackintosh settings and everything worked. Latter I went back after the system was working and redid the overclocking.

Hopefully your fix is also as easy as just waiting.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

Pabo

Donator
Donator

How do you continue? Did you manage to solve it?

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.