AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
TRIM is a command of the NVMe (and SATA) protocol to reset unused blocks for later rewrites. Apple does trim the complete disk at boot. It's just that Samsungs implementation of TRIM is significantly slower than that of any other manufacturer (1-2 minutes vs 2-5 secs for most others), which means long boot times on macOS.

It has nothing to do with drivers, it's a Samsung firmware issue.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
TRIM is a command of the NVMe (and SATA) protocol to reset unused blocks for later rewrites. Apple does trim the complete disk at boot. It's just that Samsungs implementation of TRIM is significantly slower than that of any other manufacturer (1-2 minutes vs 2-5 secs for most others), which means long boot times on macOS.

It has nothing to do with drivers, it's a Samsung firmware issue.

Now I better understand. Thanks.

I saw some posts on Reddit about potentially changing the drivers on the Samsung NVMe and got the wrong impression. Since the process is native to the drive and not the OS it makes sense that it is firmware. I was under the impression that when the drives TRIM was having problems MacOS automatically did it’s own Apple version of TRIM on the drive.

As I have do not have the Samsung NVMe I had no real experience with how the drive performed after it booted. I never put together that this was only happening at boot. I thought the drive just ran slow all the time.

I guess that is what you get for listening to people on Reddit explain the problem.

By the way your EFI on GitHub was what I used when first built my Hackintosh to boot. I was late joining the Hackintosh movement, only about 8 months ago, it gave me the ability to have a working system and overtime learn how to make a stable EFI. Thanks.

Last edited:

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.7.9 EFI Update, March 7th, 2022

The EFI works with MacOS 12.3 Beta 5 on BIOS 4203. Includes Linux boot and kexts for reporting hardware statics like (CPU, GPU & Hard Drive) temperatures and fan speeds to apps like iStat Menus & TG Pro.

The EFI has now been updated to the latest version.
Changes made include,
  • Lilu
  • AppleALC
  • WhateverGreen
  • VirtualSMC
  • RestrictEvents
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler
  • NVMeFix
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet
  • SMCAMDProcessor
  • SmallTreeIntel812576Ethernet
  • New Universal AMD Patches Monterey 12.3
Note 1 - If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 3 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working in macOS Big Sur and Monterey.

Note 4 - BIOS SETTING CHANGE - Since Bios Revision 4010 Power On By PCIe can break shut down on some peoples builds so ensure the following setting is now set as disabled.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled
For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
1627932237694.png

IMPORTANT PATCH INFO TO SET THE CORRECT CORE COUNT FOR YOUR CPU
Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. Find the two algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches and alter the Replace value only.

Changing BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* to BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituting <CoreCount> with the hexadeciamal value matching your physical core count.

Note: The three different values reflect the patch for different versions of macOS. Be sure to change all three if you boot macOS 10.13 to macOS 12

See the table below for the values matching your CPU Core Count.

CoreCountHexadecimal
6 Core06
8 Core08
12 Core0C
16 Core10
32 Core20
So for example a 6 Core 5600X would result in these replace values, BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

EXAMPLE
Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 19.51.06.png

CHANGES FOR OTHER VERSION OF MACOS
  • Kernel >> Quirks >> SetApfsTrimTimeout: on macOS 12.0, it is no longer possible to set trim timeout for APFS filesystems. A new method has been added to disable trim when SetApfsTrimTimeout is set to zero. Default is -1 (except on Monterey where is 0).
  • Fixed selecting SecureBootModel on hypervisors (should be x86legacy, otherwise macOS 11 will fail to boot).

POWER GADGET APP
The AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext has been updated and has gone from good to Amazing so make sure you download the latest version of the Power Gadget App to make the most of it.
AMD.Power.Gadget.app.zip

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

Big thanks to the OpenCore Team, AudioGod, Shaneee & Ezual!

Figured I would ask, did you get any SCHEME errors on boot? On start up (and of course I didnt take a picture before switching back to 0.7.8) before the os selection screen I get an
"ocs: no schema *** <Generic>" error and it never boots. ( I dont remember the specific error though)

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Figured I would ask, did you get any SCHEME errors on boot? On start up (and of course I didnt take a picture before switching back to 0.7.8) before the os selection screen I get an occ: * SCHEME INDEX * error and it never boots.

I had an error when I added back in LucyRTL8125Ethernet, I don't use it, and forgot hit save after setting the architecture to x86. That may be what caused the error.

I have updated the EFI.

Last edited:

sass

AMD OS X Member
I had an error when I added back in LucyRTL8125Ethernet, I don't use it, and forgot hit save after setting the architecture to x86. That may be what caused the error.

I have updated the EFI.
where is the new EFI, i can't see the link

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
where is the new EFI, i can't see the link

I updated the original 0.7.9 post EFI a few above on this page.

Ezaul

AMD OS X Member

The EFI works with MacOS 12.3 beta RC on BIOS 4203. Includes Linux boot and kexts for reporting hardware statics like (CPU, GPU & Hard Drive) temperatures and fan speeds to apps like iStat Menus & TG Pro.

The EFI has now been updated to the latest version.
Changes made include,
  • Lilu
  • AppleALC
  • WhateverGreen
  • VirtualSMC
  • RestrictEvents
  • NVMeFix
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet
  • SMCAMDProcessor
Note 1 - If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 3 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working in macOS Big Sur and Monterey.

Nota 4 - ALTERAÇÃO DE CONFIGURAÇÃO DO BIOS - Como o BIOS Revisão 4010 Power On By PCIe pode interromper o desligamento em algumas compilações de pessoas, certifique-se de que a configuração a seguir esteja definida como desabilitada.
  • Avançado -> Configuração APM -> Ligar por PCIe -> Desativado
Para OpenCore Usando PlistEdit Pro, adicione seus detalhes modificando o seguinte
1627932237694.png

INFORMAÇÕES IMPORTANTES DO PATCH PARA CONFIGURAR A CONTAGEM DE NÚCLEO CORRETA PARA SUA CPU
O patch Core Count precisa ser modificado para inicializar seu sistema. Encontre os dois algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches e altere apenas o valor Replace.

Alterando BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* para BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituindo <CoreCount> pelo valor hexadecimal correspondente à sua contagem de núcleos físicos.

Observação: os três valores diferentes refletem o patch para diferentes versões do macOS. Certifique-se de alterar todos os três se inicializar o macOS 10.13 para o macOS 12

Consulte a tabela abaixo para os valores correspondentes à sua contagem de núcleos de CPU.

CoreCountHexadecimal
6 Núcleo06
8 Núcleo08
12 Núcleo0C
16 Núcleo10
32 Núcleo20
Assim, por exemplo, um 6 Core 5600X resultaria nesses valores de substituição, BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Ou um 12 Core 5900X que eu configurei como padrão resultaria nesses valores de substituição, BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

EXEMPLO
Captura de tela 2021-08-02 em 19.51.06.png

ALTERAÇÕES PARA OUTRA VERSÃO DE MACOS
  • Kernel >> Peculiaridades >> SetApfsTrimTimeout: no macOS 12.0, não é mais possível definir o tempo limite de corte para sistemas de arquivos APFS. Um novo método foi adicionado para desabilitar o trim quando SetApfsTrimTimeout é definido como zero. O padrão é -1 (exceto em Monterey onde é 0).
  • Corrigida a seleção de SecureBootModel em hipervisores (deve ser x86legacy, caso contrário, o macOS 11 não inicializará).

APLICATIVO DE GADGET DE ENERGIA E GADGET RADEON
O AMD Power Gadget fornece informações térmicas e de uso em tempo real para a CPU, além da capacidade de controlar as ventoinhas.
AMD.Power.Gadget.app.zip

As informações térmicas em tempo real do Radeon Gadget para a GPU.
RadeonSensor-0.3.1.zip

Por fim e como sempre, CERTIFIQUE-SE DE REINICIAR SUA NVRAM ANTES DE INICIAR A NOVA EFI.

Muito obrigado à equipe OpenCore, AudioGod, Shaneee e Ezual!

Hello everyone!

First I come here to say that I didn't do the opencore updates anymore because we didn't have a change that was worth it!

I also noticed that our friend @johnlietzke made the updates and wanted to resolve that the standards established at the beginning were followed.

Released files must be standard without any personal changes, massive testing before being published.

The file name must also follow this line:

Asus X570-E 078 EFI.zip
Asus X570-E 079 EFI.zip

and so on...

Thank you all for the collaborations

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone!

First I come here to say that I didn't do the opencore updates anymore because we didn't have a change that was worth it!

I also noticed that our friend @johnlietzke made the updates and wanted to resolve that the standards established at the beginning were followed.

Released files must be standard without any personal changes, massive testing before being published.

The file name must also follow this line:

Asus X570-E 078 EFI.zip
Asus X570-E 079 EFI.zip

and so on...

Thank you all for the collaborations
Hello fine sir,

I have removed the previous EFI and posted a new basic version without non-essential modification and the appropriate labeling.

As a side note, OC Auxiliary Tools was automatically creating an empty data set under Kernel -> Block when the tab was selected. This resulted in a Schema Error. The Schema Error was not detected by OC Auxiliary Tools or OpenCore Configurators EFI Checks. The problem appears to have been resolved with March 9th update. The EFI has been checked multiple times for errors in both OC Auxiliary Tools and OpenCore Configurator Config Checker along with the Debug version of 0.7.9.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

The EFI works with MacOS 12.3 beta RC on the X570 I Gaming with BIOS 4203 & 4204.

The EFI has now been updated to the latest version. Changes made include:
  • Lilu
  • AppleALC
  • WhateverGreen
  • VirtualSMC
  • RestrictEvents
  • NVMeFix
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement
  • RadeonSensor
  • USBMap

Note 4 - BIOS SETTING CHANGE - Since Bios Revision 4010 Power On By PCIe can break shut down on some peoples builds so ensure the following setting is now set as disabled. Refer to the BIOS configuration.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled
For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
1627932237694.png

IMPORTANT PATCH INFO TO SET THE CORRECT CORE COUNT FOR YOUR CPU
Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. Find the two algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches and alter the Replace value only.

Changing BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* to BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituting <CoreCount> with the hexadeciamal value matching your physical core count.

Note: The three different values reflect the patch for different versions of macOS. Be sure to change all three if you boot macOS 10.13 to macOS 12

See the table below for the values matching your CPU Core Count.

CoreCountHexadecimal
6 Core06
8 Core08
12 Core0C
16 Core10
32 Core20
So for example a 6 Core 5600X would result in these replace values, BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

EXAMPLE
Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 19.51.06.png

CHANGES FOR OTHER VERSION OF MACOS
  • Fixed selecting SecureBootModel on hypervisors (should be x86legacy, otherwise macOS 11 will fail to boot).
NVMe CHANGES
  • Kernel >> Quirks >> SetApfsTrimTimeout: on macOS 12.0, it is no longer possible to set trim timeout for APFS filesystems. A new method has been added to disable trim when SetApfsTrimTimeout is set to zero. Default is -1 (except on Monterey where 0 disables TRIM, this would be used for Samsung NVMe).

Fix for the MacOS 12.3 slow GPU.
  1. These must be add to Root -> DeviceProperties -> Add in the EFI config.plist for the appropriate GPU.
  2. The PciRoot must be changed for the hardware. The PciRoot Path can be found in Hackintool at PCIe -> PCIe -> (Navi 21or 23, Display controller, VGA compatible controller) copy the Device Path.

Radeon 5500:
<key>DeviceProperties</key> <dict> <key>Add</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>@0,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string> <key>@1,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string> <key>@2,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string> <key>@3,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string> </dict> </dict> <key>Delete</key> <dict/> </dict>

Radeon 5700:
<key>DeviceProperties</key> <dict> <key>Add</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>@0,name</key> <string>ATY,Adder</string> <key>@1,name</key> <string>ATY,Adder</string> <key>@2,name</key> <string>ATY,Adder</string> <key>@3,name</key> <string>ATY,Adder</string> </dict> </dict> <key>Delete</key> <dict/> </dict>

Radeon 6600/XT:
<key>DeviceProperties</key> <dict> <key>Add</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>@0,name</key> <string>ATY,Henbury</string> <key>@1,name</key> <string>ATY,Henbury</string> <key>@2,name</key> <string>ATY,Henbury</string> <key>@3,name</key> <string>ATY,Henbury</string> </dict> </dict> <key>Delete</key> <dict/> </dict>

Radeon 6800/XT:
<key>DeviceProperties</key> <dict> <key>Add</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>@0,name</key> <string>ATY,Belknap</string> <key>@1,name</key> <string>ATY,Belknap</string> <key>@2,name</key> <string>ATY,Belknap</string> <key>@3,name</key> <string>ATY,Belknap</string> </dict> </dict> <key>Delete</key> <dict/> </dict>

Radeon 6900 XT:
Code:
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<dict>
        <key>Add</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>@0,name</key>
                <string>ATY,Carswell</string>
                <key>@1,name</key>
                <key>@2,name</key>
                <key>@3,name</key>
            </dict>
        </dict>
        <key>Delete</key>
        <dict/>
    </dict>

POWER GADGET APP & RADEON GADGET
The AMD Power Gadget provides realtime usage and thermal information for the CPU along with the ability to control the fans.
AMD.Power.Gadget.app.zip

The Radeon Gadget realtime thermal information for the GPU.
RadeonSensor-0.3.1.zip

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

Big thanks to the OpenCore Team, AudioGod, Shaneee & Ezual!

Attachments

• Asus X570-E 079 EFI.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Have someone updated on Monterey 12.3 ?

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Yes, I have been on macOS Monterey 12.3 since beta 1 and now have the final release. Everything works fine.

There is an issue being reported about some GeekBench numbers for Open CL being significantly lower than 12.2 (50-60%) and which I can confirm is happening. But when I played Metro Exodus on MacOS for 20 minutes to see if the performance was different I found gameplay to be the same as 12.1.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Last night I was in a discussion on Reddit about the GPU and Metal performance on Monterey 12.3. The 0.7.9 EFI I recently posted used Boot Arguments agdpmod=ignore. Most of the people on Reddit have followed the generic OpenCore guide and are using agdpmod=pikera.

The EFIs using agdpmod=pikera are experiencing stuttering issue on 4K videos in YouTube and problems with Hardware Acceleration, some are saying it is completely disabled and cannot be enabled.

It appears that GPU and Metal performance are the same using both types of Boot Arguments. In my experience the GPU is not an issue in 12.3 unless you are doing some heavy tasks like 4K video editing. Playing Metro Exodus was same if not better game play than I remember on on previous Monterey versions. This may be due having Resizable Bar enabled as of OpenCore 0.6.6.

AudioGod recommend using the agdpmod=ignore which seems to better for the 6800, 6800 XT and 6900 XT than agdpmod=pikera.

Maybe @Shaneee or @Aluveitie have some more information or methods to resolve the lower GPU performance as they are intimately involved in the OpenCore development process.

I have been unable to find definitive information if Apple's RX 6000W series is experiencing these issue.

I will update to 12.4 beta 1 as soon as it comes out and post the results related to the GPU.

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
According to AppleInsider this also affects the MacPro's W6000 cards.
We can only wait for Apple to fix the drivers, for me I'm staying on 12.2 for the time being.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@johnlietzke Looks like the GPU performance issues can be fixed by using the Framebuffer of the corresponding Apple card. In case of the 6900 XT that would be ATY,Carswell.
With that injected I get full Metal performance on 12.3

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
@johnlietzke Looks like the GPU performance issues can be fixed by using the Framebuffer of the corresponding Apple card. In case of the 6900 XT that would be ATY,Carswell.
With that injected I get full Metal performance on 12.3

Thanks, I saw it this morning and bookmarked the page but have not had time to make the changes. I believe the 6800/XT performs slightly better with the other drive. But works Carswell.

EDIT: I finally got around to adding the patch. Metal is back to normal at 187,000 but CL is still low at around 110,000 when it used to 180,000. It is good enough for the time being.

An unforeseen benefit of the patch is that the GPU idle dropped from 50°C to 38°C. Since, you made the GPU temperature sensor and reporting kext it has always been around temperature has always idled a little over 50°C. Now it is the same as Windows at 38°C.

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Interesting, I didn't notice any difference since mine is liquid cooled and was always around 35°C idle.

It is normal that the OpenCL score is about half of the metal since Apple has deprecated it and does not optimize for it anymore.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Interesting, I didn't notice any difference since mine is liquid cooled and was always around 35°C idle.

It is normal that the OpenCL score is about half of the metal since Apple has deprecated it and does not optimize for it anymore.

My GPU is air cooled but plan to change it over once the T1 V2.0 finally arrives. The GPU thermals are always on the taskbar so I see them all the time and have a good baseline thanks to your Radeon Sensor project.

I so rarely run benchmarks as I have found over the many years that best benchmarks setting often differ from the best real use setting. I actually do not think I have ran geek bench on Monterey before this week.

I knew Apple was depreciating CL but had no good baseline other than Reddit. Someone replied to me that CL on 6800 XT should close 200,000. Hence, why I mentioned it.

I found it strange that right when a new product, Studio Pro, was being released, with the new M1 chip, that the AMD GPU performance was dramatically reduced. There could be a harmless explanation. But it definitely opens the door for conspiracy the theories.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Regarding conspiracy theories, Apples M1 macs are pretty much sold out everywhere. They don't need to artificially push demand when they can sell every mac they can produce.

There have been performance issues and graphics glitches for 3rd party cards long before they started their own Mac CPUs.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Regarding conspiracy theories, Apples M1 macs are pretty much sold out everywhere. They don't need to artificially push demand when they can sell every mac they can produce.

There have been performance issues and graphics glitches for 3rd party cards long before they started their own Mac CPUs.

I actually was at the Apple store 2 days ago getting a new M1 laptop. Yesterday, I went back and bought an iPhone 13 Pro. You certainly have a point about the products speaking for themselves and not needing to inflate performance numbers.

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Fix for the MacOS 12.3 slow GPU.
  1. These must be add to Root -> DeviceProperties -> Add in the EFI config.plist for the appropriate GPU.
  2. The PciRoot must be changed for the hardware. The PciRoot Path can be found in Hackintool at PCIe -> PCIe -> (Navi 21or 23, Display controller, VGA compatible controller) copy the Device Path.

Radeon 5500:
<key>DeviceProperties</key> <dict> <key>Add</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>@0,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string> <key>@1,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string> <key>@2,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string> <key>@3,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string> </dict> </dict> <key>Delete</key> <dict/> </dict>

Radeon 5700:
<key>DeviceProperties</key> <dict> <key>Add</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>@0,name</key> <string>ATY,Adder</string> <key>@1,name</key> <string>ATY,Adder</string> <key>@2,name</key> <string>ATY,Adder</string> <key>@3,name</key> <string>ATY,Adder</string> </dict> </dict> <key>Delete</key> <dict/> </dict>

Radeon 6600:
<key>DeviceProperties</key> <dict> <key>Add</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>@0,name</key> <string>ATY,Henbury</string> <key>@1,name</key> <string>ATY,Henbury</string> <key>@2,name</key> <string>ATY,Henbury</string> <key>@3,name</key> <string>ATY,Henbury</string> </dict> </dict> <key>Delete</key> <dict/> </dict>

Radeon 6800:
<key>DeviceProperties</key> <dict> <key>Add</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>@0,name</key> <string>ATY,Belknap</string> <key>@1,name</key> <string>ATY,Belknap</string> <key>@2,name</key> <string>ATY,Belknap</string> <key>@3,name</key> <string>ATY,Belknap</string> </dict> </dict> <key>Delete</key> <dict/> </dict>

Radeon 6900:
<key>DeviceProperties</key> <dict> <key>Add</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>@0,name</key> <string>ATY,Carswell</string> <key>@1,name</key> <string>ATY,Carswell</string> <key>@2,name</key> <string>ATY,Carswell</string> <key>@3,name</key> <string>ATY,Carswell</string> </dict> </dict> <key>Delete</key> <dict/> </dict>

The fix also reduced the idle temperature of my 6800 XT from 50°C to 38°C. An improvement worthy of adding the Frame Buffer fix by itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.