AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

whatevergreen

AMD OS X Member
I have the Dark Hero motherboard. WiFi worked on Big Sur but on Monterey it stopped working altogether. I made sure I installed OpenIntelWireless correctly as well, as before. Anyone here have working wifi? The device isn't even being recognized at all.

Funny enough, when I use HeliPort, I see my wireless networks and it does connect correctly, but as soon as I unplug the ethernet cable from the 2.5G LAN port the wireless goes out as well.
DO yourself a favor and replace the WIFI + Bluetooth combo with this (40€) https://www.ebay.de/itm/174776123154?var=473952088627 will work out of the box and you will have a easier life. the intel chipset and the intel wireless driver never worked 100% properly and probably never will.

Thanks @AudioGod for providing this efi and the work you have done in this. i hope you stay with this mainboard for some time.

thisisgm

AMD OS X Member
Does anyone know if the new ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING WIFI II is the same as the one AudioGod has, the X570-E (old model)? I have an M.2 Wi-Fi card installed on my TUF X570 Pro and I'm experiencing massive mouse lag issues in windows and mac with this motherboard, want to replace it with one that works flawless with this guide using that same card, sort of "plug & play", let me know!

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Does anyone know if the new ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING WIFI II is the same as the one AudioGod has, the X570-E (old model)? I have an M.2 Wi-Fi card installed on my TUF X570 Pro and I'm experiencing massive mouse lag issues in windows and mac with this motherboard, want to replace it with one that works flawless with this guide using that same card, sort of "plug & play", let me know!
Here #669

Pabo

Donator
Donator

Ezaul

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.7.6 EFI Update , 6th December 2021

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • Lilu 1.5.8,
  • AppleALC 1.6.7,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.5,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.8,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.5,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • SMCAMDProcessor 0.7
  • SmallTreeIntel812576Ethernet 1.3.0
  • New Universal AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Compatible,
  • 2.5Ghz Ethernet Auto Negotiation Fixed,
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
Note 1 - If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 3 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is now fully working as of Monterey 12.0 Beta 8

Note 4 - BIOS SETTING CHANGE - Since Bios Revision 4010 Power On By PCIe can break shut down on some peoples builds so ensure the following setting is now set as disabled.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
1627932237694.png

IMPORTANT PATCH INFO TO SET THE CORRECT CORE COUNT FOR YOUR CPU
Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. Find the two algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches and alter the Replace value only.

Changing BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* to BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituting <CoreCount> with the hexadeciamal value matching your physical core count.

Note: The three different values reflect the patch for different versions of macOS. Be sure to change all three if you boot macOS 10.13 to macOS 12

See the table below for the values matching your CPU Core Count.

CoreCountHexadecimal
6 Core06
8 Core08
12 Core0C
16 Core10
32 Core20
So for example a 6 Core 5600X would result in these replace values, BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

EXAMPLE
Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 19.51.06.png

Power Gadget App
The AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext has been updated and has gone from good to Amazing so make sure you download the latest version of the Power Gadget App to make the most of it.
AMD.Power.Gadget.app.zip

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.6 - 06/12/2021

Attachments

• Asus X570-E 076 EFI .zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 82

Ezaul

AMD OS X Member
Hello! I would like to ask our great master AUDIOGOD for a license, as I realized that no one else continued to update opencore for ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING I took the liberty of posting the EFI for the latest version here, following the same posting pattern as AUDIOGOD

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I've been meaning to do this :geek: I'm sure @AudioGod will be grateful. EFI looks good.

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee do you remember if the USB mapping on the strix-e is the same as the Hero/Dark Hero ? The my other post you recommended dropping the network negotiation down to 1000 base T and if that doesn't work then it looks like the kexts in 0.7.6oc get things going again.

I'm going to ask a super noob question but to confirm upgrading from 0.7.4 to 0.7.6 should be as simple as pulling down the efi > input my device spec data > unhide the system efi directory and swap out for the new one > reboot and clear nvram > and done?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Ezaul, thank you for the updated EFI. Super easy and works perfectly.

I think AudioGod will appreciate it. He is not the type of guy who would be petty enough to ask for a license.

Thank you again.

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@marinekev88 Normally a USB Map is specific to each board. As for updating the EFI, yes. Copy your specific information over like SMBios. Replace the EFI folder, clear NVRAM.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Here is a different version of Ezaul's excellent EFI with the CPU, GPU and fan sensors that work with iStat Menus.

Install and set the Core Count and Platform Info the same way. If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments. Make sure to reset the NVRAM.

The AMD Power Gadget will prompt you to update the kext. The only way to get the CPU temperature to show up in iStat Menus is to use an older version of SMCAMDProcessor kext. But the AMD Power Gadget can be disabled at log since you now have the temperature in iStat Menus sensor list.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

gatorchamp85

AMD OS X Member
@Ezaul - very helpful update, this is much appreciated.

I haven't been following along much, but on 0.7.6 are we able to turn on Resize BAR?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@gatorchamp85 Yes, you can boot MacOS with rBAR enabled if you set ResizeAppleGpuBars to 0 in your config.plist

gatorchamp85

AMD OS X Member
Updated to the Ezaul 0.7.6 EFI and all is working well. Updated to 12.1 this morning without issue.

Nice to have SAM available on Windows for gaming without changing settings in the BIOS!

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Is there any benefit of rBAR in MacOs

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Not really much benefit in MacOS unless you are gaming. But it makes a big difference having it enabled for gaming in Windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Not really much benefit in MacOS unless you are gaming. But it makes a big difference having it enabled for gaming in Windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't really game and if I feel like some Doom play then I pull my windows laptop out.. so that saves me the config change. Thanks

kouchangyin

AMD OS X Member
This is my computer configuration. Can I use your EFI file?
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
  • Motherboard: Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI)X470 platform
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • Graphics: SAPPHIRE Radeon R7 240(Graphics cards can be ignored.)
  • HDD: SAMSUNG 970EVO 500GB

vitorpvcampos

AMD OS X Member
Here is a different version of Ezaul's excellent EFI with the CPU, GPU and fan sensors that work with iStat Menus.

Install and set the Core Count and Platform Info the same way. If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments. Make sure to reset the NVRAM.

The AMD Power Gadget will prompt you to update the kext. The only way to get the CPU temperature to show up in iStat Menus is to use an older version of SMCAMDProcessor kext. But the AMD Power Gadget can be disabled at log since you now have the temperature in iStat Menus sensor list.
I used this EFI and updated to Monterey but booting is taking forever... any tips?
(to activate verbose mode during boot, do I have to add -v to boot arguments, right?)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.