AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Jatilq

AMD OS X Member
If its the Liquid Cooled Strix it has the unsupported Navi 21 XTXH variant. You can try spoofing the device ID. If that does not work you would need to flash the card with a Navi 21 XTX BIOS.
I was just trying to flash the bios, but its not as easy as my old RTX 3080. I'm getting a mismatch ID, even though I'm only flashing the bios of the o16 version in my t16. How do I change the device Id? I was trying to spoof it yesterday. I been all over the place trying to change the id, when I though I needed to spoof it. I'm doing some things wrong.

Edit:
Just tried the SSDT-GPU-SPOOF. It has to setup wrong, because I've never had my system show the correct CPU 5950x or GPU. It only shows Radeon Navi21. I attached my Spoof file.

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Jatilq Remove the SSDT approach as it doesn't always work and add this into your config. Just copy and paste into your Device Properties,

Attachments

• config.plist
    431 bytes · Views: 19

Jatilq

AMD OS X Member
@Jatilq Remove the SSDT approach as it doesn't always work and add this into your config. Just copy and paste into your Device Properties,
Thank you. I'm hoping the decoder is the reason everything is so painfully slow. I have 64GB of ram, but its like I'm typing this with 4gb. I removed the spoof aml after I corrected it. Pasted the info from your config into my own. No changes with -wegoff on or off. I've reset nvram between changes.

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Change the device-id value to AE730000 and try again. You may need to set Whatevergreen to disabled in the Kext -> Add section.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Jatilq I think the name is cosmetic. It can be changed using the Device Properties too. See if something like Netflix plays fine or run Heaven benchmark.

Jatilq

AMD OS X Member
@Jatilq I think the name is cosmetic. It can be changed using the Device Properties too. See if something like Netflix plays fine or run Heaven benchmark.
I've tried a few things like other supposed supported 6900xt IDs. Get screen tearing and skipping in Youtube, unless thats to be expected. Plus side I did fix the CPU, had the wrong amount of cores set. Hackintool and VDAdecoderchecker still say failed.

Jatilq

AMD OS X Member
Maybe I'm going about this wrong. My main issue is how slow using a web browser is. I get the spinning wheel most of the time with terrible lag. I figured it was an issue with hardware acceleration, because everything is on a 4.0 NVME.

Jatilq

AMD OS X Member
Could be unrelated, but I woke up to a system crash. After reboot received an unsupported gpu in post. I have a Dark Hero. I've seen this before and dont know why it happens sometimes, because booting into windows seems normal. Even though MacOS was working ok, besides my previous issues, my screen disconnects or goes black after boot selection. I have Win and Opencore on separate 2TB NVME drives. Tried different things, but it keeps happening. Example. Boot argument agdpmod=pikera (previously set to ignore)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Keep WEG disabled in the config and swap the PAT patch around. Disable Algrey's and enable my one. They are the last two patches.

Jatilq

AMD OS X Member
Keep WEG disabled in the config and swap the PAT patch around. Disable Algrey's and enable my one. They are the last two patches.
I don't understand to be honest. I looked at my screenshots to try and figure out what you meant.

I followed this from the guide.

To merge:

• Open both files,
  • Delete the Kernel -> Patch section from config.plist
  • Copy the Kernel -> Patch section from patches.plist
  • Paste into where old patches were in config.plist
But I don't understand what what to disable. Swap the PAT patch around. Sorry if I sound like a moron. I tried to google this, but the keywords send me all over the place. The Github AMD-OSX page says there are three patches but Im confused. Does that mean patches plist has several patches and I have to only copy 1 or several?

EDIT; Part of the hurdle is how sluggish everything is and the terrible lag.
Easier to edit things in windows. I think I figured out what you meant. There are two entries that I should be looking at?

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Yes that's correct. My one gives better perfomance on AMD GPUs. Unsure if it'll help you or not. If you wanted to go the flashing route as previously mentioned, to bypass the error you had you'd need to use Linux to flash it. A live USB will do the job.

Jatilq

AMD OS X Member

Thank you for your help. I switched to AMD to be able to do this and thanks to the help from this thread its working. Searching now to see if 120hz is possible.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
It just works. Change the core count and platform info for iMessages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaddyB

AMD OS X Member
I know we’re all focused on getting our systems in perfect working condition… but any one know how AudioGod is doing with his tech fiasco?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I know we’re all focused on getting our systems in perfect working condition… but any one know how AudioGod is doing with his tech fiasco?

Progress is slow but he's getting there. GPU is being replaced by manufacturer, just waiting on stock. Then CPU and some storage and he'll be up and running.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Monterey 12.1 Beta 4 works with AudioGod's EFI.

LaytonX

AMD OS X Member
I have the Dark Hero motherboard. WiFi worked on Big Sur but on Monterey it stopped working altogether. I made sure I installed OpenIntelWireless correctly as well, as before. Anyone here have working wifi? The device isn't even being recognized at all.

Funny enough, when I use HeliPort, I see my wireless networks and it does connect correctly, but as soon as I unplug the ethernet cable from the 2.5G LAN port the wireless goes out as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 10.37.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 10.37.50 AM.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.