AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Does anyone see any issue running a RAID 0 storage drive configured from the board RAID controller? My main drive is a Samsung 970 EVO 1T, and I have a 2T ( 2x1T 870 SSD's ) RAID.... From the OS perspective (at least my experience with Linux and Windows) it should look like just a second drive? Anyone played with this before?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Does anyone see any issue running a RAID 0 storage drive configured from the board RAID controller? My main drive is a Samsung 970 EVO 1T, and I have a 2T ( 2x1T 870 SSD's ) RAID.... From the OS perspective (at least my experience with Linux and Windows) it should look like just a second drive? Anyone played with this before?
Cor Blimey, I’ve not used RAID on anything but a server in years and years and years so I have no idea about using it in MacOS. I personally can’t see the point of using RAID0 on NVMe drives so I’ve never attempted it. Sorry :(

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone!

If you want to execute some apps on Windows 11 with secure boot enabled, just follow this guide until replacing UEFI keys (not this last part):

BIG THANKS TO profzei!

However, for our motherboard, we don't need KeyTool at all. Enter BIOS, go to Boot->Secure Boot->Key Management and do next steps:
PK Management -> Set New Key -> No -> (Choose your PK.auth file location) -> Authenticated Variable -> Yes
KEK Management ->Set New Key-> No -> (Choose your KEK.auth file location) -> Authenticated Variable -> Yes
DB Management -> Set New Key-> No -> (Choose your DB.auth file location) -> Authenticated Variable -> Yes
DBX Management -> Set New Key-> Yes

Note: Do not forget to replace generated .efi files and modified config.plist to your EFI folder.

Now, OpenCore, so Windows 11 too, can boot with Secure Boot enabled.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
You don’t need to do any of that,
You can just go into the bios and clear the keys and it will work perfectly on win11 and macOS.
That’s what I do and have always done

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
You don’t need to do any of that,
You can just go into the bios and clear the keys and it will work perfectly on win11 and macOS.
That’s what I do and have always done
I haven't said that win11 won't boot with cleared keys. What I mean is there are some apps (such as Valorant game) that won't execute unless you have the (stupid) keys set.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I haven't said that win11 won't boot with cleared keys. What I mean is there are some apps (such as Valorant game) that won't execute unless you have the (stupid) keys set.
Name some apps other then Valorant and il try that out now buddy?
I’ve not come across anything that doesn’t work to date personally.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I didn’t realise Valorant was free. Downloading now.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Name some apps other then Valorant and il try that out now buddy?
I’ve not come across anything that doesn’t work to date personally.
I don't know others. I only play Valorant and still want to. :p
I didn’t realise Valorant was free. Downloading now.
Yes! it is! :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I don't know others. I only play Valorant and still want to. :p

Yes! it is! :)
It’s just finished updating. Trying it now with my bios set the way I normally have it. Results coming in a moment

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
That’s not my cup of tea game wise but still I’m in and it’s working fine.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
o_O for me, when I clear all keys, it says TPM and secure boot must be enabled.

I will continue researching.

Thank you!
I have TPM and Secure Boot both enable just with the keys cleared. I basically haven’t touched my bios in anyway and just installed the game, restarted and then ran it and bam up it popped.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
I have TPM and Secure Boot both enable just with the keys cleared. I basically haven’t touched my bios in anyway and just installed the game, restarted and then ran it and bam up it popped.
mmm are you using win11? This is still curious for me.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
I know I know, both my home servers run RAID and when I built my PC years ago I decided I wanted one spare drive so I combined 2 ssds.... I mean I could just scrap the idea and actually use my NAS

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
I don’t know why, but if I clear keys still can’t play valorant (yeah, call me stupid 🤣)

Same efi and same bios settings, but i have to say that it was interesting the tutorial (maybe for others can be used).

Anyway, now we have a “guide” to not clearing these keys. Who knows? Maybe in some future…

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I don’t know why, but if I clear keys still can’t play valorant (yeah, call me stupid 🤣)

Same efi and same bios settings, but i have to say that it was interesting the tutorial (maybe for others can be used).

Anyway, now we have a “guide” to not clearing these keys. Who knows? Maybe in some future…
Oh for sure very very handy indeed. Nice one on that front buddy. 👍

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Hi everyone!
After updating to Monterey RC 2 I have a problem with sleep. It automatically sleeps only the monitor, PC is running on. You can sleep only by command from the bar with the "sleep" command. In Big Sur everything worked OK. Some idea ? Thanks

Solved clean installation of Monterey 12.0.1 / OC 0.7.4

Last edited:

vitorpvcampos

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod I'm using your EFI, with the addition of bluetooth and wifi kexts to use the onboard ones, and I've followed the steps you described regarding BIOS setup. The system feels faster and more fluid (Big Sur), but sleep isn't working. As soon as it sleeps, it wakes up instantly. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks!

P.S.: The issue with Hyperx Quadcast S, which I mentioned yesterday in private message, seems to be partially fixed by using your full EFI instead of just the map. I say partially because sometimes it works well, sometimes it's the same problem.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.