AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
How can you change the name of the processor? I am trying with CPU-Name and it tries but it does not work since the files are in read only.
You don’t change the cpu name, you set the correct core count and that in turn sets the correct cpu.
Read the first post of this thread on how to set the correct core count for your cpu.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
AudioGod,

Any word on the compatibility of MacOS 12 Beta 7 with the current EFI? It is not showing up but I assume the same work around will be required as Beta 6 to make it available for updating.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
AudioGod,

Any word on the compatibility of MacOS 12 Beta 7 with the current EFI? It is not showing up but I assume the same work around will be required as Beta 6 to make it available for updating.
We are working on it now on the discord.
the update is causing trouble but we have sussed out how to make it work now but it’s a bit of a process.
give it a day or so while the problem gets worked on.

if you really want to update now though you can but you need to put the EFI on a usb installer and change the smbios to 17,1:then using you main EFI with the SecureBootModel set to j160 start the update and while it’s downloading set the SecureBootModel back to Default, once the system restarts flip from the main EFI to the one using 17,1 on your usb installer and it will install but as soon as it restarts again flip the EFI back to you main one and it will complete.

This is the only way it will successfully update.

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
the update is causing trouble but we have sussed out how to make it work now but it’s a bit of a process.

if you really want to update now though you can but you need to put the EFI on a usb installer and change the smbios to 17,1:then using you main EFI with the SecureBootModel set to j160 start the update and while it’s downloading set the SecureBootModel back to Default, once the system restarts flip from the main EFI to the one using 17,1 on your usb installer and it will install but as soon as it restarts again flip the EFI back to you main one and it will complete.

How about just start a brand-new installation without updating. Wipe the NVME, install new beta 7 then restore from backup. That's what I did with the Beta 6 without changing the EFI. I'm still using the old EFI in beta 5.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
How about just start a brand-new installation without updating. Wipe the NVME, install new beta 7 then restore from backup. That's what I did with the Beta 6 without changing the EFI. I'm still using the old EFI in beta 5.
That’s unknown until the full installer is available probably tomorrow or the day after but we have never had to go through a process like this until now so I’m not to sure tbh. It will get fixed no doubts there but it might take some time for the OC devs to get to the bottom of it. For now though the long process is a fully working solution. 👍

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
That’s unknown until the full installer is available probably tomorrow or the day after but we have never had to go through a process like this until now so I’m not to sure tbh. It will get fixed no doubts there but it might take some time for the OC devs to get to the bottom of it. For now though the long process is a fully working solution. 👍
You're the man! Keep it up brother.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

Thanks for the update. I would like to understand the technical reasons. Any chance you can send me an invite to the Discord channel?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for the update. I would like to understand the technical reasons. Any chance you can send me an invite to the Discord channel?
You can get to the Discord channels via the homepage on here and then look on the Monterey Discussion to see the long drawn out process we went though before we hit the jackpot lol

willsmichael45

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
I have a problem with my hackmac. The video playback shows always compression errors. In all video app (QT, VLC). Also in Final Cut the play is wrong.
In browsers, youtube playback works without problems.

Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.6
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X Motherboard: Asus X570-E RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600Mhz
Graphics: MSI RX 6800 XT NVMe: 970 EVO 1TB - 970 EVO Plus

Attachments

• config.plist
    50.6 KB · Views: 1

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi,
I have a problem with my hackmac. The video playback shows always compression errors. In all video app (QT, VLC). Also in Final Cut the play is wrong.
In browsers, youtube playback works without problems.

Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.6
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X Motherboard: Asus X570-E RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600Mhz
Graphics: MSI RX 6800 XT NVMe: 970 EVO 1TB - 970 EVO Plus
Nasty, I use VLC on a daily basis and have never experienced anything like that.
Could be your setup or your Config. I’m not on my main system to check your Config.plist but try disabling WhateverGreen and removing any WEG related boot arguments And try it that way. (Do it on a usb installer instead of your main drive so if it goes wrong without WEG you can revert it with ease)
i have been rocking a 6900 XT and a 6800 with and without WEG and Big Navi GPUs definitely seems to like working without the kext more.

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
Nasty, I use VLC on a daily basis and have never experienced anything like that.
Could be your setup or your Config. I’m not on my main system to check your Config.plist but try disabling WhateverGreen and removing any WEG related boot arguments And try it that way. (Do it on a usb installer instead of your main drive so if it goes wrong without WEG you can revert it with ease)
i have been rocking a 6900 XT and a 6800 with and without WEG and Big Navi GPUs definitely seems to like working without the kext more.
I ran into green screen AppleTV problem without WEG, but I can live with it. Disabling WEG see noticeable improvement in graphic performance.
I can confirm indeed XFX 6900XT bios doesn't play well at all. Switching to a reference edition eliminates all small graphical problems I have

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I ran into green screen AppleTV problem without WEG, but I can live with it. Disabling WEG see noticeable improvement in graphic performance.
I can confirm indeed XFX 6900XT bios doesn't play well at all. Switching to a reference edition eliminates all small graphical problems I have
I’m surprised you have any DRM issues without WEG. I have tested everything I can think of DRM wise with a clean sweep across the board.

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
I’m surprised you have any DRM issues without WEG. I have tested everything I can think of DRM wise with a clean sweep across the board.
I'm surprised myself too! Perhaps that's my monitor. Will order a few more to test. Never run into any DRM issue before with hackintosh

WRXSTIL1KE

AMD OS X Member
Hey AudioGod,

I was able to boot into MacOS with your setup. As you know from my introduction post have 2 NVMEs. One has Windows and the other I installed MacOS.

Having an issue, I can only boot into MacOS if and only if the USB is plugged in my PC. If I take it out, MacOS or OpenCore don’t show up in the boot selection, only Windows Boot Manager shows up.

Any ideas? Where did I screw up? Do I have to install this again?

Also, how do I spoof my GPU so MacOS recognizes it? The only 6900xt I was able to get was the PowerColor Red Devil Ultimate. Is there a way to make MacOS believe it is a reference card?

I did not know I had to copy the EFI folder to the main drive's EFI. Do not know why but I thought that happened automatically during installation.

Thanks again

Last edited:

weepod

AMD OS X Member
BIOS Settings
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
  • Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> D.O.C.P.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
  • Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI mode
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys
i noticed when i was booting my system up for the first time i was getting this image,secure-boot-violation.jpegi enabled
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled / ENABLED
rebooted the system, it started to reboot it self, so i went back into the bios and disabled it again and at the moment everything is installing.

i thought i would post my finding so i can help anyone else that might in-cur this issue.

PS great site and a lot of great info... keep up the great work.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
i noticed when i was booting my system up for the first time i was getting this image,View attachment 4084i enabled
rebooted the system, it started to reboot it self, so i went back into the bios and disabled it again and at the moment everything is installing.

i thought i would post my finding so i can help anyone else that might in-cur this issue.

It’s all in the notes but to correct secure boot.
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys
And DONT have CSM enabled, Disaster

weepod

AMD OS X Member
ok after 3 days of trying to get my pc to run the macOS I've finally got it thanks to this forum, I've 2 maybe 3 issue I need help with lol.
1, ive no sound coming over my GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11Gpbs card.
2 ive no Bluetooth or WiFi just lan
3 when I'm opening images and videos up the system hangs a bit.
is the 3 issues above just a matter of install the kexts files or do I also need to edit the .plist ?

TIA pod

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
ok after 3 days of trying to get my pc to run the macOS I've finally got it thanks to this forum, I've 2 maybe 3 issue I need help with lol.
1, ive no sound coming over my GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11Gpbs card.
2 ive no Bluetooth or WiFi just lan
3 when I'm opening images and videos up the system hangs a bit.
is the 3 issues above just a matter of install the karts files or do I also need to edit the .plist ?

TIA pod
1. Go into the config.plist and under Kernel -> Patches scroll down to the very last patch and disable it followed by enabling the patch directly above it.

(Do the reverse of what the example is showing)
Note - the GTX 1080ti is not compatible with any versions of MacOS other then High Sierra.

2. for your Bluetooth and wifi you need to add the following kexts.
Bluetooth - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/releases
Wifi - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases

3. Reset your NVRam

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
i noticed when i was booting my system up for the first time i was getting this image,View attachment 4084i enabled

I also had to Enable CSM a couple of weeks ago to get the installer to work. Then disabled it.

What motherboard are you using?

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
AudioGod,

Can Beta 8 be installed with the same procedure as Beta 7?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.