AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi!

Im currently trying install it in my PC, but i can't see macOS partitions when i boot with pendrive, any idea?

Mi PC: Ryzen 5 5600x, STRIX x570-E, 16GB Corsair 3600Hz CL16, Asus Radeon ROG 5700XT

I followd all steps respect to config.plist and BIOS configuration
Is this a fresh instal you are trying to do Or are you just trying to use my EFI with your system and it’s already booted?

SynSor

AMD OS X Member
Is this a fresh instal you are trying to do Or are you just trying to use my EFI with your system and it’s already booted?
Yes, it is a fresh install, i followed opencore docs to make USB booteable from windows, and i use your UEFI and specify steps, but when i boot de pc with the usb, i can see the macOs boot screen, but just it found windows partition.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Ah ok I understand now.
When you get to the BootPicker press space and this will reveal the Recovery Partition that you are looking for. 👍

SynSor

AMD OS X Member
Ah ok I understand now.
When you get to the BootPicker press space and this will reveal the Recovery Partition that you are looking for. 👍
Captura de pantalla 2021-07-09 a las 11.31.52.png
Is working, thank you bro!! and congrats for you work it is working stable... one more question, is possible to install amd radeon drivers here?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
View attachment 3529
Is working, thank you bro!! and congrats for you work it is working stable... one more question, is possible to install amd radeon drivers here?
Radeon drivers?
there’s no drivers for MacOS as it’s all built in.
Theres nothing else for you to do driverwise. Don’t think like windows think like a Mac (plug and play)

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

great guide/build. That's level of quality is exactly what i need for my Asus B550 Strix F WIFI - EFI.

Is there a pro who has this board?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi,

great guide/build. That's level of quality is exactly what i need for my Asus B550 Strix F WIFI - EFI.

Is there a pro who has this board?
You can use my EFI with just a few changes to it,
1. Add SSDT-CPUR.aml to the ACPI folder and config.plist
2. Disable the USBMap.kext and both Ethernet kexts being the SmallTreeIntel82576.kext & LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext from the config.plist
3. add functionality for your 2.5gbs ethernet port. il add links below for the ssdt and instructions for getting your ethernet port working.

SSDT-CPUR - https://github.com/dortania/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/blob/master/extra-files/compiled/SSDT-CPUR.aml

Patches both the kernel and kexts.
Fixing I225-V controllers
This entry relates to Intel's I225-V 2.5GBe controller found on B550 boards, what we'll be doing here is tricking Apple's I225LM driver into supporting our I225-V network controller. However, this is only needed on Catalina and Big Sur, up to 11.3.
KeyTypeValue
BaseString__Z18e1000_set_mac_typeP8e1000_hw
CommentStringI225-V patch
CountNumber1
EnabledBooleanTrue
FindDataF2150000
IdentifierStringcom.apple.driver.AppleIntelI210Ethernet
MinKernelString19.0.0
MaxKernelString20.4.0
ReplaceDataF3150000
  • Note 1: Create this patch in the config.plist under Kernel -> Patches
  • Note 2: Leave all other keys at their default values

Last edited:

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
2. Disable the USBMap.kext and both Ethernet kexts being the SmallTreeIntel82576.kext & LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext from the config.plist
3. add functionality for your 2.5gbs ethernet port. il add links below for the ssdt and instructions for getting your ethernet port working.

SSDT-CPUR - https://github.com/dortania/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/blob/master/extra-files/compiled/SSDT-CPUR.aml

This entry relates to Intel's I225-V 2.5GBe controller found on B550 boards, what we'll be doing here is tricking Apple's I225LM driver into supporting our I225-V network controller. However, this is only needed on Catalina and Big Sur, up to 11.3.
KeyTypeValue
CountNumber1
EnabledBooleanTrue
FindDataF2150000
MinKernelString19.0.0
MaxKernelString20.4.0
ReplaceDataF3150000

Thank you. I will try this. I use Big Sur 11.4. Is networking patching not necessary?

Ryzen 5900x
Sapphire 6900XT Nitro OC+
B550 StrixWifi-F
2TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro

Some special in bios settings?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thank you. I will try this. I use Big Sur 11.4. Is networking patching not necessary?
Yeah you might be right there with 11.4, try without patching and go from there. :)

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
Yeah you might be right there with 11.4, try without patching and go from there. :)

Is FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext and FakePCIID.kext necessary?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
AudioGod's EFI worked perfectly on the X570 I Gaming for Monterey. No tweaks required.

Thanks AudioGod, I made a few changes to optimize it for my configuration.

Are there any other changes I would need to make for a 6800 XT to increase the performance?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
AudioGod's EFI worked perfectly on the X570 I Gaming for Monterey. No tweaks required.

Thanks AudioGod, I made a few changes to optimize it for my configuration.

Are there any other changes I would need to make for a 6800 XT to increase the performance?
My EFI is already optimised for a BigNavi GPU as I use a RX6800 myself. Nothing what so ever needs doing on that front bud. 👍

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
My EFI is already optimised for a BigNavi GPU as I use a RX6800 myself. Nothing what so ever needs doing on that front bud. 👍

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod

i can boot with your EFI - i have added SSDT-CPUR.aml. Now i will try to fix Network. At the moment i have no Ethernet or WLAN.

Can i use all this SSDT's on my Asus B550 Strix F WiFi from your EFI X570?

ACPI SSDT's - All bypassed for other OS
  • SSDT-HPET.aml (HPET _CRS (Needs _CRS to XCRS Rename))
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml (CPU power management)
  • SSDT-SBRG.aml (Correcting EC, RTC memory & IRQ conflicts)
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml (SMBus Support)

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod

i can boot with you EFI - i have added SSDT-CPUR.aml. Now i will try to fix Network. At the moment have no Ethernet or WLAN.

Can i use all this SSDT's on my Asus B550 Strix F WiFi from your EFI X570?

ACPI SSDT's - All bypassed for other OS
  • SSDT-HPET.aml (HPET _CRS (Needs _CRS to XCRS Rename))
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml (CPU power management)
  • SSDT-SBRG.aml (Correcting EC, RTC memory & IRQ conflicts)
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml (SMBus Support)
Yes, all the ssdts I use will line up with your B550-F, My whole EFI lines up other then the changes I set out to you previously 👍
if you are using the WiFi variant of the board then you Need to add these kexts to get your intel Bluetooth and WiFi going.

Bluetooth - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireles....0-RC1/IntelBluetoothFirmware-2.0.0-DEBUG.zip
WiFi - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireles...tItlwm-Big_Sur-v2.0.0-DEBUG-alpha-22a83ab.zip

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod,

Did you undervolt your 5950x?

I am currently using the PBO with Curve Optimizer of -12. Not getting great results so far thermal wise. I am aware that the 5950x is heavily optimized to begin with and did not expect outstanding thermal improvement.

If you have an experience to share with undervolting your 5950x I would be grateful.

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
Yes, all the ssdts I use will line up with your B550-F, My whole EFI lines up other then the changes I set out to you previously 👍
if you are using the WiFi variant of the board then you Need to add these kexts to get your intel Bluetooth and WiFi going.

Bluetooth - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireles....0-RC1/IntelBluetoothFirmware-2.0.0-DEBUG.zip
WiFi - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireles...tItlwm-Big_Sur-v2.0.0-DEBUG-alpha-22a83ab.zip
@AudioGod

thank you. WLAN works with Internet now - little bit laggy (slow).

KeyTypeValue
CountNumber1
EnabledBooleanTrue
FindDataF2150000
MinKernelString19.0.0
MaxKernelString20.4.0
ReplaceDataF3150000
I225-V patching the Kernel didn't work for me. I have read there are other method, which is the best? FakeID?

Thank you

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod,

Did you undervolt your 5950x?

I am currently using the PBO with Curve Optimizer of -12. Not getting great results so far thermal wise. I am aware that the 5950x is heavily optimized to begin with and did not expect outstanding thermal improvement.

If you have an experience to share with undervolting your 5950x I would be grateful.
hi,
I use a 5900x and use PBO in Advanced made with Per Core on the power curve. My rubbish cores are -23 and the good cores are -20 apart from one core that runs at -14
The 5950x is the best bit of silicon out of all the Zen3 CPUs so its going to be more optimised with its power delivery to the cores so you will find it won't need much of an adjustment from 0 to start with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.