AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

sass

AMD OS X Member
Hi AudioGod, First of all, you want to thank you, your publication has made life easier for many people.
I use EFI in my system and I am using the BIOS version and settings you suggest.

There are two problems I noticed on my computer.

1. The problem is the headphone jack in front of the chassis does not work.
2. The problem is to sleep with sleep.
I click to close the PC from the Apple Logo and the PC closes, then when I press the on / off button to turn off the monitor, the monitor closes, the PC starts again.

Is there anything I can do?

Note:
Lenovo P27Q-10 Monitor has an internal USB 3.0 hub.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi AudioGod, First of all, you want to thank you, your publication has made life easier for many people.
I use EFI in my system and I am using the BIOS version and settings you suggest.

There are two problems I noticed on my computer.

1. The problem is the headphone jack in front of the chassis does not work.
2. The problem is to sleep with sleep.
I click to close the PC from the Apple Logo and the PC closes, then when I press the on / off button to turn off the monitor, the monitor closes, the PC starts again.

Is there anything I can do?

Note:
Lenovo P27Q-10 Monitor has an internal USB 3.0 hub.
If I understand you correctly then Have you got ERP enabled in the bios or any other changes in the bios not listed on my thread?
what you are describing happens when ERP is enabled as MacOS does not understand the S5 state.

Or do I misunderstand and the problem is connected to your monitor when you turn it off?

I just checked my headphone output on my case and it’s working just fine.
Is it connected properly to the motherboard?

sass

AMD OS X Member
The Bios settings have just changed one-to-one with the manual only this line (Enable). Because when (DISABLE) does not turn on the PC.
Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled

Yes, when you close the PC, I turn off the monitor from behind and the PC starts again.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
The Bios settings have just changed one-to-one with the manual only this line (Enable). Because when (DISABLE) does not turn on the PC.
Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled

Yes, when you close the PC, I turn off the monitor from behind and the PC starts again.
So if you leave the monitor on the pc stays off? (I have never heard of anything like that before happening so that’s a new one to me)
does this happen if you disconnect the monitors USB Hub from the system?

You really shouldn’t have CSM enabled. No legacy bios stuff should be enabled.
Something doesn’t sound right about your setup. Double check your build buddy and make sure it’s all attached correctly.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@sass I see you're using a Polaris GPU. A lot of them don’t like having above 4G enabled in the bios so try disabling it and add npci=0x2000 to your boot arguments before you do so and see if that helps your system boot up with CSM disabled.

sass

AMD OS X Member
When I keep CSM closed, the PC won't boot, I don't understand either. Where could it go wrong?

When I disconnect the Hub cable on the monitor from the PC, the reboot problem is fixed, and it returns to normal.

I can take a video if you want?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Well then if it’s fine with the hub disconnected try moving the monitor hub to a different USB port and see if it’s any better Or replace the hubs usb cable if you have a spare one and make sure it’s not the cable at fault. A lot of people have trouble with USB monitor hubs. I don’t think macOS really likes them or is compatible with them fully as they always seem to cause trouble. (This includes real macs too)
have you not got enough ports on the io shield without it? The X570-E is hardly what I would call short of USB ports. It’s got plenty.

Last edited:

sass

AMD OS X Member
I have mentioned the bios settings wrong. My mistake don't call up.

I have changed this line to Enable .. PC doesn't turn on when DISABLE.
Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast Boot -> Disabled

The problems I'm talking about are valid.
Am I implementing the changes in message #146?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@sass The only way you are going to fix the monitors usb issue is one of three ways.
  1. look though the monitors settings and see if you can stop the monitor sending out a usb request on shutdown.
  2. Disconnect the Hub
  3. I create a SSDT to fool the S5 state and then you can enable ERP that will in turn will power out the USB ports on shutdown disabling the monitors ability to affect your system power off state.
Option 3 is a dirty fix and I don’t really recommend it but it can be done.

sass

AMD OS X Member
I tried the monitor's USB cable on 3 different inputs on the PC MB and 3. I tried the USB input at the USB input, now I'm closing the monitor after closing the PC and the PC turns on to normal.

sass

AMD OS X Member
@sass The only way you are going to fix the monitors usb issue is one of three ways.
  1. look though the monitors settings and see if you can stop the monitor sending out a usb request on shutdown.
  2. Disconnect the Hub
  3. I create a SSDT to fool the S5 state and then you can enable ERP that will in turn will power out the USB ports on shutdown disabling the monitors ability to affect your system power off state.
Option 3 is a dirty fix and I don’t really recommend it but it can be done.
1. There is no setting.
2. I use the hub connection required, the EFI I used before you did not have such a nuisance.
(But as the status has improved the cable to a different USB port.)
3. Not a dirty correction :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
3. Not a dirty correction :)
Option 3 is a very dirty fix because I’m not fixing the problem I’m putting wallpaper over the crack and that’s not the way to do things.

try going into the Config.plist and under Kernel->Quirks change XhciPortLimit to Yes, Save and restart with a nvram reset in between (press space at the bootpicker to reveal the option) and see if that helps at all?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
2. I use the hub connection required, the EFI I used before you did not have such a nuisance.
(But as the status has improved the cable to a different USB port.)
I’m guessing your other EFI didn’t have USB map out correctly or at all and that’s why it was having a different effect on the system. It could also be a slight quirk difference between EFIs. I really couldn’t tell you TBH but it makes sense seeing your overall status is correct or improved.

sass

AMD OS X Member
Yes, you guessed correctly, the EFI I used the old has no USB map, but how is it, it was not in these troubles. Luckily as the problem has improved the USB port as it improves.
Also I'm very pleased to use the EFI you have prepared, thank you again.

The headphone jack in front of the vault does not work either.
Is there anything I can try for this?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yes, you guessed correctly, the EFI I used the old has no USB map, but how is it, it was not in these troubles. Luckily as the problem has improved the USB port as it improves.
Also I'm very pleased to use the EFI you have prepared, thank you again.

The headphone jack in front of the vault does not work either.
Is there anything I can try for this?
i will triple check the audio again when I get back home buddy and let you know.

sass

AMD OS X Member
Option 3 is a very dirty fix because I’m not fixing the problem I’m putting wallpaper over the crack and that’s not the way to do things.

try going into the Config.plist and under Kernel->Quirks change XhciPortLimit to Yes, Save and restart with a nvram reset in between (press space at the bootpicker to reveal the option) and see if that helps at all?
I tried XhciPortLimit yes but unfortunately it didn't work.
I found the problem by plugging the monitor's cable into a different USB port. That's it for now.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@sass I just triple checked my Headphone output and its fine.
It automatically flips to the headphone output when I plug my cans in.
I tried with 3 different pairs and all work fine.
Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 22.48.44.png
What Headphones are you trying to use?

Hackingway

AMD OS X Member
I went on a mission to get myself a Asus Crosshair VIII Hero DARK HERO as a freebie and failed miserably but in my pursuit for the motherboard I hassled the company so much that to shut me up they gave me a ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING instead.
Anyway, as it happens to be my personal all round favourite X570 motherboard it would of been rude of me not to tear down my system and rebuild it with the X570-E mounted inside it instead.
Everything is working apart from the internal mic inputs and SideCar but everything else like Sleep, PowerNap, Wake, All iCloud functions inc AirDrop, iMessage, Handoff, AppleWatch Unlock etc etc work perfectly.
I have fully mapped USB manually on all ports and there's no micro stutters or freezes or anything else strange that you can think of.

Build Spec
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900XView attachment 2860
  • Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E (Bios Revision - 3801)
  • RAM: Corsair Pro Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz (Tuned)
  • Graphics: Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  • Case : Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic.
  • NVMe: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB & Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
  • SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G5, 80 Plus Gold 850W
  • WiFi-Bluetooth: BCM94360NG 1200Mbps 802.11ac
  • Sound: Onboard & Native Instruments Audio 6
  • Cooling : Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 AIO
  • Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.4, Windows 10 Pro
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.0
  • SMBios MacPro7,1

ACPI SSDT's - All bypassed for other OS
  • SSDT-HPET.aml (HPET _CRS (Needs _CRS to XCRS Rename))
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml (CPU power management)
  • SSDT-SBRG.aml (Correcting EC, RTC memory & IRQ conflicts)
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml (SMBus Support)
  • SSDT-USBX.aml (USB power tables)

Kexts
  • Lilu.kext - V1.5.3
  • VirtualSMC.kext - V1.2.4
  • WhateverGreen.kext - V1.5.0
  • AppleALC.kext - V1.6.1
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext - V1.3.0
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext - V1.1.0
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext - V0.6.6
  • RestrictEvents.kext - V1.0.2
  • USBMap.kext - ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E
View attachment 2852

What Works

Sound including the case's front headphones 3.5mm port​
Both Ethernet Ports​
WiFi / Bluetooth​
USB Type C, 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Mapped & Open)​
Sleep & Wake​
Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button​
Power Nap​
Hardware Acceleration​
AirDrop​
iCloud​
iMessages​
FaceTime​
AppleTV​
Netflix & Amazon Prime via Safari​
Handoff​
Continuity​
Apple Watch Unlock​

What Doesn't Work
SideCar​
Internal Mic Input​

As the iMacPro has now been discontinued I thought it was only right to stop using smbios iMacPro1,1 for my EFI setups and use MacPro7,1 instead but this also means the EFI is only good to use with Catalina and Big Sur.
For any OS older then Catalina you would need to switch the smbios to iMacPro1,1 and modify the config.plist to suit it.
One of the advantages with using smbios MacPro7,1 is there are no renames necessary for the USB controllers allowing me to keep the USB mapping as close to how AMD/ASUS intended the USB Mapping to be.

A few very minor tweaks and changes might be needed to be done to make your system setup perfect so please make sure you read the Install & Post Install notes so you can make those last few changes quick and easily.

BIOS Settings
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
  • Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> D.O.C.P.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
  • Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI mode
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys

Install Notes
Using PlistEdit Pro, Xcode or ProperTree add your details by modifying the following
View attachment 2851

Nvram
Important
- Before booting into MacOS using the new EFI for the first time make sure you reset your Nvram. (At the bootpicker press Space to reveal the option) Try to make this a habit and do it whenever you make system changes or upgrading the EFI to a newer version etc etc.

GPU
If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Current EFI - OpenCore 0.7.0 (07/06/2021) SMBios MacPro7,1
The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • Lilu 1.5.3,
  • AppleALC 1.6.1,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.0,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.4,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.2,
  • HFSPlus Updated,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.0 (Big Sur 11.4 Ready),
  • 2.5Ghz Ethernet Auto Negotiation Fixed,
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
Note - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.
@AudioGod

Good day. I am a novice at Hackintoshing and I have been running a system for about an year. Initially started with OC 0.5.6 and most recently I was using 0.6.4. However, for some reason I could not update my system to Big Sur 11.3.1. Updates were fine till then.

So, I decided to update OC and maybe. I also changed my motherboard from a B450 (Asrock) to an X570 (Pro WS X570-ACE). My present system config is :

Pro WS X570-ACE
This has two NICs , Intel® I211-AT and Realtek® RTL8117
RX 550
32GB Ram
BCM94360 for Wireless and BT

I was very happy to find your EFI folder. I could not find any video (my usual go to) for building the system.
I have a couple of questions and would appreciate any help.

1. Will OC 0.7.0 find my existing Mac OS and update it? Or should I just build give up the old installation and build a new one?
2. Which EFI folder should I use? I see that there are EFI folders in _MacOSX and AsusX570-E 070 EFI. I tried using the EFI folder in the latter.
3. I put the USB drive in and the system booted, but stuck at the apple logo, I don't know how to fix it. What changes would I need to make if any.
4. I am not sure if the LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext will actually work for my RTL NIC

Sorry if some of my questions are very rudimentary. I am still trying to work on this. Any help/advice is highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.