If I understand you correctly then Have you got ERP enabled in the bios or any other changes in the bios not listed on my thread?Hi AudioGod, First of all, you want to thank you, your publication has made life easier for many people.
I use EFI in my system and I am using the BIOS version and settings you suggest.
There are two problems I noticed on my computer.
1. The problem is the headphone jack in front of the chassis does not work.
2. The problem is to sleep with sleep.
I click to close the PC from the Apple Logo and the PC closes, then when I press the on / off button to turn off the monitor, the monitor closes, the PC starts again.
Is there anything I can do?
Lenovo P27Q-10 Monitor has an internal USB 3.0 hub.
So if you leave the monitor on the pc stays off? (I have never heard of anything like that before happening so that’s a new one to me)The Bios settings have just changed one-to-one with the manual only this line (Enable). Because when (DISABLE) does not turn on the PC.
Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
Yes, when you close the PC, I turn off the monitor from behind and the PC starts again.
1. There is no setting.@sass The only way you are going to fix the monitors usb issue is one of three ways.
Option 3 is a dirty fix and I don’t really recommend it but it can be done.
- look though the monitors settings and see if you can stop the monitor sending out a usb request on shutdown.
- Disconnect the Hub
- I create a SSDT to fool the S5 state and then you can enable ERP that will in turn will power out the USB ports on shutdown disabling the monitors ability to affect your system power off state.
Option 3 is a very dirty fix because I’m not fixing the problem I’m putting wallpaper over the crack and that’s not the way to do things.3. Not a dirty correction
I’m guessing your other EFI didn’t have USB map out correctly or at all and that’s why it was having a different effect on the system. It could also be a slight quirk difference between EFIs. I really couldn’t tell you TBH but it makes sense seeing your overall status is correct or improved.2. I use the hub connection required, the EFI I used before you did not have such a nuisance.
(But as the status has improved the cable to a different USB port.)
i will triple check the audio again when I get back home buddy and let you know.Yes, you guessed correctly, the EFI I used the old has no USB map, but how is it, it was not in these troubles. Luckily as the problem has improved the USB port as it improves.
Also I'm very pleased to use the EFI you have prepared, thank you again.
The headphone jack in front of the vault does not work either.
Is there anything I can try for this?
I tried XhciPortLimit yes but unfortunately it didn't work.Option 3 is a very dirty fix because I’m not fixing the problem I’m putting wallpaper over the crack and that’s not the way to do things.
try going into the Config.plist and under Kernel->Quirks change XhciPortLimit to Yes, Save and restart with a nvram reset in between (press space at the bootpicker to reveal the option) and see if that helps at all?
@AudioGodI went on a mission to get myself a Asus Crosshair VIII Hero DARK HERO as a freebie and failed miserably but in my pursuit for the motherboard I hassled the company so much that to shut me up they gave me a ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING instead.
Anyway, as it happens to be my personal all round favourite X570 motherboard it would of been rude of me not to tear down my system and rebuild it with the X570-E mounted inside it instead.
Everything is working apart from the internal mic inputs and SideCar but everything else like Sleep, PowerNap, Wake, All iCloud functions inc AirDrop, iMessage, Handoff, AppleWatch Unlock etc etc work perfectly.
I have fully mapped USB manually on all ports and there's no micro stutters or freezes or anything else strange that you can think of.
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900XView attachment 2860
- Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E (Bios Revision - 3801)
- RAM: Corsair Pro Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz (Tuned)
- Graphics: Sapphire RX 5700 XT
- Case : Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic.
- NVMe: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB & Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
- SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
- PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G5, 80 Plus Gold 850W
- WiFi-Bluetooth: BCM94360NG 1200Mbps 802.11ac
- Sound: Onboard & Native Instruments Audio 6
- Cooling : Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 AIO
- Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.4, Windows 10 Pro
- Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.0
- SMBios MacPro7,1
ACPI SSDT's - All bypassed for other OS
- SSDT-HPET.aml (HPET _CRS (Needs _CRS to XCRS Rename))
- SSDT-PLUG.aml (CPU power management)
- SSDT-SBRG.aml (Correcting EC, RTC memory & IRQ conflicts)
- SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml (SMBus Support)
- SSDT-USBX.aml (USB power tables)
View attachment 2852
- Lilu.kext - V1.5.3
- VirtualSMC.kext - V1.2.4
- WhateverGreen.kext - V1.5.0
- AppleALC.kext - V1.6.1
- SmallTreeIntel82576.kext - V1.3.0
- LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext - V1.1.0
- AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext - V0.6.6
- RestrictEvents.kext - V1.0.2
- USBMap.kext - ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E
Sound including the case's front headphones 3.5mm portBoth Ethernet PortsWiFi / BluetoothUSB Type C, 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Mapped & Open)Sleep & WakeSleep and Shutdown via the Power ButtonPower NapHardware AccelerationAirDropiCloudiMessagesFaceTimeAppleTVNetflix & Amazon Prime via SafariHandoffContinuityApple Watch Unlock
What Doesn't Work
SideCarInternal Mic Input
As the iMacPro has now been discontinued I thought it was only right to stop using smbios iMacPro1,1 for my EFI setups and use MacPro7,1 instead but this also means the EFI is only good to use with Catalina and Big Sur.
For any OS older then Catalina you would need to switch the smbios to iMacPro1,1 and modify the config.plist to suit it.
One of the advantages with using smbios MacPro7,1 is there are no renames necessary for the USB controllers allowing me to keep the USB mapping as close to how AMD/ASUS intended the USB Mapping to be.
A few very minor tweaks and changes might be needed to be done to make your system setup perfect so please make sure you read the Install & Post Install notes so you can make those last few changes quick and easily.
- Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
- Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
- Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> D.O.C.P.
- Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Enabled
- Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
- Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled
- Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
- Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
- Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
- Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI mode
- Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys
Using PlistEdit Pro, Xcode or ProperTree add your details by modifying the following
View attachment 2851
Important - Before booting into MacOS using the new EFI for the first time make sure you reset your Nvram. (At the bootpicker press Space to reveal the option) Try to make this a habit and do it whenever you make system changes or upgrading the EFI to a newer version etc etc.
If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove
agdpmod=ignorefrom the boot arguments.
The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Current EFI - OpenCore 0.7.0 (07/06/2021) SMBios MacPro7,1
Changes made include,
Note - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.
- LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
- Lilu 1.5.3,
- AppleALC 1.6.1,
- WhateverGreen 1.5.0,
- VirtualSMC 1.2.4,
- RestrictEvents 1.0.2,
- HFSPlus Updated,
- SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
- OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
- OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.0 (Big Sur 11.4 Ready),
- 2.5Ghz Ethernet Auto Negotiation Fixed,
- Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
- About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
- Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.