AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
When i came back to Catalina from Big sur the Wifi was disable and even blocked the previous kext. as i haven't the same kext for Catalina...the system even freeze, and even after the reboot the wifi was deaded. perhaps i have to put the same new WIFI kext in the Catalina EFI.
You should get one, I put a link to the one a bought a few posts back (#85). It’s takes around 3 or 4 weeks to get to you but it’s well worth it I think, 👍

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You should get one, I put a link to the one a bought a few posts back (#85). It’s takes around 3 or 4 weeks to get to you but it’s well worth it I think, 👍
For infomation, i have put the catalina kext 2.0.0 alpha version of the intel WIFI in my EFI and it works. with the time ill will see if it's reliable...

genny

AMD OS X Member
I have an msi x570 a pro motherboard, your efi is fine too, for usb ports

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have an msi x570 a pro motherboard, your efi is fine too, for usb ports
are you asking me or telling me buddy?
If you are asking then the EFI will work fine but you probably need to remap usb unless the layout is the same.
Or if you are telling me then that’s great to hear, does the usb map line up with your board though?

genny

AMD OS X Member
io ho un problema come mappare le porte usb , chiedevo se il tuo text usb andava bene , visto che ho una scheda madre msi x570 a pro?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
io ho un problema come mappare le porte usb , chiedevo se il tuo text usb andava bene , visto che ho una scheda madre msi x570 a pro?
Sorry I thought you had a Asus X570 Pro.
It should work but a lot of things in the configuration will probably be wrong.
For USB Mapping have a look in the resources section on here and you will find two different tools and ways of mapping USB.
For now and to test just disable the usbmap.Kext from the config.plist and test it out.

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
Hi, i downloaded 069 EFI and compared config.plist with your older version 068 in early times, there are no memory entry under PlatformInfo, do i need to care about it? btw i have 4x8gb of rams.
Thank you.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi, i downloaded 069 EFI and compared config.plist with your older version 068 in early times, there are no memory entry under PlatformInfo, do i need to care about it? btw i have 4x8gb of rams.
Thank you.

Custom memory mapping is no longer needed as the RestrictEvents.kext now does all the work and maps the memory properly instead.

Please read the Update notice in future as I always List the changes I make and it will save you asking questions like this. 👍

Last edited:

Cosmin

AMD OS X Member
Is that with the above settings changed?
Also did you format the disk to APFS?
Once the install process starts and it restarts did you leave it and see what happens and if you did did it just boot back to the first welcome page at install?
It just boot back to the first welcome page at install...
Regarding my hardware configuration as you may see in my signature, can I use your EFI from first post without any changes ? Or should I make some modifications?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
It just boot back to the first welcome page at install...
Regarding my hardware configuration as you may see in my signature, can I use your EFI from first post without any changes ? Or should I make some modifications?
You will probably need to modify it to account for the fact it’s a threadripper setup.
BooterQuirks are slightly different i think and my ACPI (most my SSDTs) might not match up either.
Use the OpenCore Guide to modify the quirks.

Cosmin

AMD OS X Member
You will probably need to modify it to account for the fact it’s a threadripper setup.
BooterQuirks are slightly different i think and my ACPI (most my SSDTs) might not match up either.
Use the OpenCore Guide to modify the quirks.
I made changes related to threadripper, I choose standard ACPI from Dortania guide.
Same result: re-boot at graphical installation phase and nothing changed in OC boot menu...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Cosmin I have made you a EFI just for your setup.
I will DM it to you now via a WeSendIt link as its too large to send on here.
I have generated SMBIOS details for you and added all the correct Kexts and SSDTs for you so all you need to do is place the new EFI onto your EFI partition on your USB Installer and that's it.
Make a new installer while you are at it using the release version on 11.4 or Beta 11.5
Check your inbox bud and reply on the thread. (y)

Last edited:

Cosmin

AMD OS X Member
@Cosmin I have made you a EFI just for your setup.
I will DM it to you now via a WeSendIt link as its too large to send on here.
I have generated SMBIOS details for you and added all the correct Kexts and SSDTs for you so all you need to do is place the new EFI onto your EFI partition on your USB Installer and that's it.
Make a new installer while you are at it using the release version on 11.4 or Beta 11.5
Check your inbox bud and reply on the thread. (y)
Thanks a lot! I try righ now and I'll reply with the result.

dannymak

AMD OS X Member

Just installed the EFI, everything goes smooth, but I have a issue that the system do no't detected my Lian Li 0D11 Razer Edition case light stripe that I plugged the usb2.0 to the motherboard, when I booted to the Mac, the light stripe goes off.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
It sees the hub as plugged in on XHC1 Port5 but why it doesn’t work i do not know. Did it work in the past?

Maybe disable the port it’s connected too via the USBMap. MacOS can’t know what it is so it might be the cause.

Last edited:

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
It sees the hub as plugged in on XHC1 Port5 but why it doesn’t work i do not know. Did it work in the past?

Maybe disable the port it’s connected too via the USBMap. MacOS can’t know what it is so it might be the cause.
Its weird tho, the internal usb2 port detected my razor case light stripes now. What I done is, I installed SMCAMDProcessor.kext and updated my config.plist by snapshot it. After reboot reset NVRAM and wala... the light stripes light up.. I don't know if it caused the change..

But seems the ports are screwed... look at XHC0 PRT5
usb1.png

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Its weird tho, the internal usb2 port detected my razor case light stripes now. What I done is, I installed SMCAMDProcessor.kext and updated my config.plist by snapshot it. After reboot reset NVRAM and wala... the light stripes light up.. I don't know if it caused the change..

But seems the ports are screwed... look at XHC0 PRT5
View attachment 3225
What you are seeing there is the AMD USB bug.
Shut down the system fully and then start it back up and clear your nvram and it will correct it Then in hackintool clear and rebuild the USB page (click on the broom then the circle arrows) and if all the info is listed in comments it’s normal and if they are not it’s still not fixed so repeat the steps again.
AMDSMC Kext has zero to do with USB so no way could that have been the fix (that was nothing more than coincidence im afraid to say) as you will see when you correct USB,
Block the USB port that the RGB Controller is sitting on. I used to block out that very port on 0.6.8 but put it back in 0.6.9.
Finally SMCAMDProcessor Does nothing unless you want to take cpu readings in other bits of software That can read the info. That’s it nothing else, No performance to be gained and certainly not any USB changes. Remove that kext unless you have a genuine use for it.

Last edited:

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
Thank you. What if i update to the lastest bios 3801 will fix that stupid problem?:unsure:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thank you. What if i update to the lastest bios 3801 will fix that stupid problem?:unsure:
3801 helps big time but it’s still there.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
That does impress me yes. You saying benchmarks in big sur are showing 4.0 speeds for the 980 pro then?
Thats awesome if that is indeed the case. 👏
Sorry for long time inactive... I am not able to test it because I have installed Windows on that m2... I am looking for free app that allows me to write to ntfs volumes

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.