AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
on big sur, immediately after starting the system, a warning about the start ssd disk pops up:

the disk you attached was not readable by this comp

I press any button and it disappears. everything works fine
Reset your nvram

Kratos

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I'm new, this efi folder, can it be installed in the latest version of big sur?
My computer is: Mother:
Asus Rog Strix X570-e
Micro: Ryzen 3600 Xt
Vga: Gt710
Vga: Rtx 3060ti
Thanks and regards

raffan

AMD OS X Member
Installed Catalina. Everything works fine. The problem with the pops up was solved. I have three ssd disks and the problem was not with the boot ssd. After formatting the second ssd, the pops up (the disk you attached was not readable by this comp) disappeared.
Thank you very much for your work!

raffan

AMD OS X Member
I didn't like the performance on catalina (benchmarks cpu results about 5-7 percents lower than your). So I installed big sur but it turned out the same. now about this mac writes that the processor is unknown and the serial number is unavailable and results tne same in catalina.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I didn't like the performance on catalina (benchmarks cpu results about 5-7 percents lower than your). So I installed big sur but it turned out the same. now about this mac writes that the processor is unknown and the serial number is unavailable and results tne same in catalina.
My 5900X is tuned and it’s a review sample so don’t expect to hit my highs without a lot of work and fine tuning

raffan

AMD OS X Member
I downloaded your latest efi and got errors on installation. everything was fine with the previous one

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I downloaded your latest efi and got errors on installation. everything was fine with the previous one
This has happened because you didn’t read the notes on the update notice or the main page itself.
you need to set your core count on the new patches as it clearly states…

IMPORTANT - PATCH INFO FOR SETTING THE CORRECT CORE COUNT FOR YOUR CPU
Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. Find the two algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches and alter the Replace value only.

Changing BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* to BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituting <CoreCount> with the hexadeciamal value matching your physical core count.

Note: The three different values reflect the patch for different versions of macOS. Be sure to change all three if you boot macOS 10.13 to macOS 12

See the table below for the values matching your CPU Core Count.

CoreCountHexadecimal
6 Core06
8 Core08
12 Core0C
16 Core10
32 Core20
So for example a 6 Core 5600X would result in these replace values, BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

raffan

AMD OS X Member
with the previous efi does not install big sur 11.5.2
Constantly reboots after the second stage of the boot

Attachments

• 20210825_011110.jpg
    20210825_011110.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 6

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
with the previous efi does not install big sur 11.5.2
Constantly reboots after the second stage of the boot
If it’s not working with my EFI using my last or current version and you have set the core count correctly then it’s a problem on your end. The EFIs work just fine.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have the same cpu as your 5900x
What GPU and what NVMe drive?

Also are you using the bios settings laid out on page one?

raffan

AMD OS X Member
asus strix vega64
ssd adata xpg gammix s5 2tb m.2 nvme
bios settings laid out on page one

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
asus strix vega64
ssd adata xpg gammix s5 2tb m.2 nvme
bios settings laid out on page one
Did you remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments?
You might need NVMeFix.kext for your Drive too.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I'll try to install it tomorrow. thanks anyway
I see what's wrong now, You have lost Kernel info for one of the kexts.
Whatever your using to edit the config.plist with is messing up the config that's if its not you doing it.
Download the EFI again and add your SMBIOS details, Remove the boot argument and don't do anything else and try again and use PlistEditPro or Xcode to edit the Config with.

raffan

AMD OS X Member
I see what's wrong now, You have lost Kernel info for one of the kexts.
Whatever your using to edit the config.plist with is messing up the config that's if its not you doing it.
Download the EFI again and add your SMBIOS details, Remove the boot argument and don't do anything else and try again and use PlistEditPro or Xcode to edit the Config with.

OK
I'll do it tomorrow and let you know. thanks again

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OK
I'll do it tomorrow and let you know. thanks again
In the first screen shot you sent the kext info is missing and in the second screenshot you sent it looks like your installer is locked.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.