AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@gatorchamp85 Did you add your own SMBios detail to the Config As well as the uuid?
serial, mlb and MAC address?

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
@gatorchamp85 Did you add your own SMBios detail to the Config As well as the uuid?
Hi guys, sorry for the intrusion.

I have a curiosity: the MAC address must be put on the ROM line in the platform information of config.plist file, right?

At the moment I left the default detail, it seems 11223344, I don't remember. Can I use the MAC address found in the "About This Mac" details?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi guys, sorry for the intrusion.

I have a curiosity: the MAC address must be put on the ROM line in the platform information of config.plist file, right?

At the moment I left the default detail, it seems 11223344, I don't remember. Can I use the MAC address found in the "About This Mac" details?
Yep that’s right, The Rom field in the Config.plist is where you add your MAC address.
Go into system preferences then Network, Select your ethernet or WiFi and click on advanced, Once inside advanced select the hardware tab and there you will find your Mac Address.
When you put it into your config.plist make sure to remove the : and that’s it.

gatorchamp85

AMD OS X Member
Yes, added all of the above. BIOS settings match what you laid out in the first post.

Honestly no idea what's going on at the end of the log there.

I just realized I do have a fan hub connected to the internal USB, could that be causing an issue?

Also FWIW, I have 5900X as well, not sure why I wrote 3900X earlier.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Yep that’s right, The Rom field in the Config.plist is where you add your MAC address.
Go into system preferences then Network, Select your ethernet or WiFi and click on advanced, Once inside advanced select the hardware tab and there you will find your Mac Address.
When you put it into your config.plist make sure to remove the : and that’s it.
Top! Thx AudioGod, you also anticipated me, I was looking at your screenshots to understand whether or not to remove the : from the MAC address. So I put the address all attached with no spaces. Should I reset the NVRAM after correcting the config.plist file?

Thanks so much again

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yes, added all of the above. BIOS settings match what you laid out in the first post.

Honestly no idea what's going on at the end of the log there.

I just realized I do have a fan hub connected to the internal USB, could that be causing an issue?

Also FWIW, I have 5900X as well, not sure why I wrote 3900X earlier.
Download the EFI again and add fresh SMBIOS details and try again.
Could even be a duff USB Installer as it does happen from time to time.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Top! Thx AudioGod, you also anticipated me, I was looking at your screenshots to understand whether or not to remove the : from the MAC address. So I put the address all attached with no spaces. Should I reset the NVRAM after correcting the config.plist file?

Thanks so much again
You don't really need to for something like that but at the same time it will do no harm to clear it.
I always tell people to make it a habit to clear your NVRAM between changes as its never a bad thing. :)

And yes no spaces for the Mac address so if its say 23:12:89:43:00:33 then it becomes 231289430033 (y)

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Yes, I have assumed that resetting the NRAM is a sensible and clean thing to do after the changes to the EFI.

I fixed my file. I would not like to go off topic, in case I close the discussion here, but a strange thing happened to me:

1. Monto EFI with MountEFI.command;
2. I open ProperTree.command.

and I crashed the Hack twice in a row, actually, to tell the truth I think it just crashed the video. I then opened ProperTree and mounted the EFI and had no problems.

Opinions ??

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yes, I have assumed that resetting the NRAM is a sensible and clean thing to do after the changes to the EFI.

I fixed my file. I would not like to go off topic, in case I close the discussion here, but a strange thing happened to me:

1. Monto EFI with MountEFI.command;
2. I open ProperTree.command.

and I crashed the Hack twice in a row, actually, to tell the truth I think it just crashed the video. I then opened ProperTree and mounted the EFI and had no problems.

Opinions ??
Yeah, Don't use Proper Tree...lol
Use PlistEditPro instead. Much better IMO :)

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Yeah, Don't use Proper Tree...lol
Use PlistEditPro instead. Much better IMO :)
Eheheh ... noob :ROFLMAO:!

I've seen you use PlistEdit, I'll move towards that then.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Eheheh ... noob :ROFLMAO:!

I've seen you use PlistEdit, I'll move towards that then.
You got to start somewhere bro and TBH PropperTree is a great starting point when you are learning what's what.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I just want to pass on that AMD Power Gadget has been update with a MenuBar that shows the GHz, Temperature and Wattage. This may be helpful for those using SMBios7,1.

CleanShot 2021-07-30 at 08.30.35@2x.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I just want to pass on that AMD Power Gadget has been update with a MenuBar that shows the GHz, Temperature and Wattage. This may be helpful for those using SMBios7,1.

View attachment 3738
Yup, I was testing it out last night. Big Ups to trulyspinach, He has done a Stella job as always. :)

Arxi Damos

AMD OS X Member
Hi and Thanks for the kind words buddy. :)
Just checking the Buyers Guide regarding your GPU and it states….
  • R9 280x/380x (Hit or miss)
Thats helpful isn’t it? 😂
Its a case of give it a try and see what happens.
only suggestions I can think of is to have Above 4G disabled in the bios and add the boot argument npci=0x2000 to the Config.plist Plus remove agdpmod=Ignore from the boot arguments while you are in there.
If it’s going to work that’s all it should take for it to kick in.
Good Luck and let me know if it works for you.

Hey mate. Thanks for the reply.

I just found out that this GFX card has a switch on it that allows UEFI support and I thought perhaps the issue was caused by CSM turning on automatically due to that switch being set to legacy. So far I'm having the same issues as last time which is that when I boot with your config etc as is (with my SMBIOS etc added) I get 'this version of macos is not supported on this platform'... And if I try to change to iMacPro1,1 I get End SetConsoleMode (with/without Above 4G disabled).

I'm probably doing everything wrong as I'm trying to fudge this really due to lack of time. I know from past experience having to basically relearn wth I was doing and actually understand things to be able to be successful with it and all the variables involved. This is the first time I'm trying on AMD and my first hackintosh build was ~2011 or so from a Snow Lion CD haha (showing my age here).

Anyway. Just thought i'd leave this here see if anyone has any thoughts and I will update with any new info/success if/when I get there. Thanks again.

EDIT - OK. . . I'm an idiot. I'm not sure where I read it but apparently I was not supposed to be launching the EFI Recovery option but the Big Sur (dmg) (Duuuh)... So I can now boot to the installer but then I get the message that it needs an internet connection in order to install. I had assumed that adding the MAC address etc was for post install but I will now do those steps and see if we get any farther or else I will have to bust out the terminal commands (and google) :s.

Last edited:

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
I have some interesting news! It results that my first mobo can't shut down properly with your bios options (and no changed made effect). However, my mobo has died when trying to boot with four sticks of ram. So, I asked for a new one, it is under warranty and the new one, with same bios options, can shut down and is working properly. Really weird thing to me... At least, it is solved! and a new mobo for me! :cool: btw, using 4002 rev bios by now.

(a lot of beer xD) But its true!

gatorchamp85

AMD OS X Member
Download the EFI again and add fresh SMBIOS details and try again.
Could even be a duff USB Installer as it does happen from time to time.
Just an update here, I pulled a fresh EFI and loaded new SMBIOS info.

I've tried full installers of Big Sur and Catalina, as well as recovery images of Big Sur, Catalina, and Mojave. Can't get a single one to boot to the installer.

I may try to create my own EFI just to see if I can get it to load the installer. Wondering if the USB mapping could be an issue? Still perplexed by this.

ishtob

AMD OS X Member
I followed your guide and tried this with my ASUS rog strix x570-i, would not see the installer partition. So ended up following the opencore guide and built the EFI from scratch and installed without any problem.

so i guess the ASUS motherboards are different even within the same family

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Just an update here, I pulled a fresh EFI and loaded new SMBIOS info.

I've tried full installers of Big Sur and Catalina, as well as recovery images of Big Sur, Catalina, and Mojave. Can't get a single one to boot to the installer.

I may try to create my own EFI just to see if I can get it to load the installer. Wondering if the USB mapping could be an issue? Still perplexed by this.
Shouldn’t be a issue as the mapping is correct and you use the same board as me.
FYI, You can’t use a OS older then 10.15 with my EFI.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I followed your guide and tried this with my ASUS rog strix x570-i, would not see the installer partition. So ended up following the opencore guide and built the EFI from scratch and installed without any problem.

so i guess the ASUS motherboards are different even within the same family
No, All you did wrong was not ask me or read the notes as all you had todo was press the space bar when you get to the bootpicker to reveal the option as I have the recovery drive hidden as standard. Whoops

Other then the USBMap and sometimes one of the kexts this efi works with the X570 E, F, I, Hero, Dark Hero and TuFF

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.