AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 22.54.58.png
Bit Quick for a update but again No Problems :)

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
I got another issue. I always got this error "DISK NOT EJECTED PROPERLY", when the usb hdd goes to sleep and wake up. btw, I have a 5bay DAS connecting thru rear USB-C port.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I got another issue. I always got this error "DISK NOT EJECTED PROPERLY", when the usb hdd goes to sleep and wake up. btw, I have a 5bay DAS connecting thru rear USB-C port.
Is it only happening with the dac or with anything attached via usb?
Just double checked and there is No such problem on my end.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Wow ! I was also able to upgrade smoothly. The first login, the resolution wasn't great but once I rebooted it is perfect.
However my boot resolution is bad. I can't get it to work. The icons are super huge and distorted. Any ideas?

View attachment 3676
Try setting your desired resolution in the OpenCore config.plist instead of having it set to Max

ennoclao

AMD OS X Member
Make sure you are using Bios Revision 4002 or 4010 Beta and There are two settings in your bios that will cause this to happen.
1, Make sure ERP is Disabled.
2, Make sure USB power delivery in Soft off state (S5) is enabled.
Thanks so much. Now it is OK. The problem was I have dual boot ( win and mac ) and the default hdd it was mac and now I have changed to win and now it is Ok. Now it is perfect. Thanks so much. ( excuse me for my poor english ).

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Last edited:

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Can anyone confirm if Monterey Beta 4 works with the new patches?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Can anyone confirm if Monterey Beta 4 works with the new patches?
Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 19.11.39.png

Monterey Beta 4. (new patches)

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Any chance you are going to share you new EFI?

Sorry I see you updated on the first page to include Monterey Beta 3
That seems to be the question of the day…lol

when 0.7.2 releases I will release a new EFI and it will have the latest patches in there and I will put up notes on how to make it Monterey friendly (hardly anything will need to be done).
The EFI i use is exactly what I release with every update, only difference is mine is currently in the making.
If you want to try Monterey beta 4 now then all you need to do is update the kernel patches to the latest ones and follow the instructions on what todo and how to do it and your be fine.

Whatever you do though don’t use Monterey as your daily driver, Keep Big Sur as your main OS and use a spare drive to try Monterey on. its way to early in the making to rely on it and the OC Devs will make OpenCore more compatible to it further down the line.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Captura de pantalla 2021-07-28 a las 2.07.08.png

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
Is it only happening with the dac or with anything attached via usb?
Just double checked and there is No such problem on my end.
I have 5bay USB DAS attached to rear usb-c port and a usb3 hubs attached to rear I/Oports, the fix I set HDD auto sleep set to OFF to avoid it

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Thanks AudioGod.

I think I will hold off on updating the EFI until 0.7.2 is released. I missed the update for Beta 3 and do not want to have to a clean install and restore from Time Machine backup.

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
You should map your USB yes just so everything is perfect and its good for your internal Bluetooth.
It's very easy to map usb.
You have two options.

1. you can do it inside Windows using USBToolbox

2. You can do it in macOS using Corps mapping script

Both will work great and you will find full instructions on the githubs or either tools.

Awesome about the ethernet and yes that's much much better not having to do any sort of patching. Great stuff :)
After kext is ready in EFI - folder and reboot.

How can i see that it worked? I see only 15 USB Ports?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
After kext is ready in EFI - folder and reboot.

How can i see that it worked? I see only 15 USB Ports?
Use hackintool to view your mapped USB ports and the best way to check is to test all your ports and check if it’s doing what you want it too, when you plug something in with hackintool viewing your usb it will display what you plugged in and where.

gatorchamp85

AMD OS X Member
Hello @AudioGod, first off thanks for this EFI and guide, extremely helpful.

I've been having some trouble getting the Big Sur installer to load. OpenCore picker will load, I can select the installer image, then I get the Apple logo, but after about 7 seconds, it dies and reboots. Installer was a fresh download from the App Store and used the native createinstaller script. Using your EFI with the only changes being adding UUID info to config.plist.

I swapped over to DEBUG and enabled verbose logging, the log is attached.

I'm running a very similar setup, Strix X570-E board with the 4010 BIOS, 3900X, 6900XT. I've made all the correct BIOS edits.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm quite stumped!

Attachments

• opencore-2021-07-29-161054.txt
    256 KB · Views: 7

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello @AudioGod, first off thanks for this EFI and guide, extremely helpful.

I've been having some trouble getting the Big Sur installer to load. OpenCore picker will load, I can select the installer image, then I get the Apple logo, but after about 7 seconds, it dies and reboots. Installer was a fresh download from the App Store and used the native createinstaller script. Using your EFI with the only changes being adding UUID info to config.plist.

I swapped over to DEBUG and enabled verbose logging, the log is attached.

I'm running a very similar setup, Strix X570-E board with the 4010 BIOS, 3900X, 6900XT. I've made all the correct BIOS edits.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm quite stumped!
Hey,
Thats very strange. My spec is close to yours. 5900x instead of 3900x and 6800 instead of 6900xt so it should all line up beautifully. I even use bios 4010 myself.
Are you using the Bios settings I have laid out on page one of this thread and do you have anything connected to the internal usb headers?

Uodate I just checked your logs and you have some crazy stuff going on inside there…what the hell is all that crap at the end? 😂

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.