AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod

thank you. WLAN works with Internet now - little bit laggy (slow).

I225-V patching the Kernel didn't work for me. I have read there are other method, which is the best? FakeID?

Thank you
Im glad its all working for you :)
The intel wireless kexts are a work in progress so they are not perfect yet but they work better then they ever have now.
you can use the kext method on the I225-v if you like, you can grab the kexts from the Resources section on here.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@johnlietzke Here. :)

Ryzen 5000 Series PBO2 Advanced Per Core Tuning Via Windows & OCCT Walk Though

1. find your baseline

To determine the base performance from which to make your adjustments, simply enable PBO2 then set power limits to 'motherboard' and scalar to '4x'. After rebooting, launch HWinfo64 and scroll down to the section indicating the PPT, EDC, and TDC limit percentages. While running Cinebench multicore, one of these limits will reach 100%. You'll then want to record the PPT, EDC, and TDC wattages/amperages listed above while the test is still running (not the percentages). For my chip and board, these were PPT 220, EDC 190, TDC 135 (you'll need these values later). Close out of all other apps and run both Cinebench multi and single core tests again to record the scores. You can do this in a single run or over multiple, I use a custom 3 minute standard.

2. set the boost clock override

To figure out which level to use, I start at +0 and work my way up one step at a time towards 200, looking for the point at which per-core boost clocks begin to stagnate or drop. For my 5800x this was +50, but for the 5900x things began to level off at +100. Test for stability and lower by one step if necessary.

3. set curve optimizer per-core

This will be the most strenuous and time consuming part, but it's well worth the effort. You'll repeat the process as described below for each core individually. Once you find the stability-point for a core, you can leave it set and move onto the next one. Starting with core 0, the process is as follows:

set a -30 curve (negative).

reboot, launch OCCT, set it to small data set, SSE, 2 threads

open task manager > details, right click OCCT > set affinity, and select ONLY CPU 0 & CPU 1

run the test for 10-15 minutes. If it finds errors, go back into BIOS and lower the curve setting by 5 points.

You will repeat this loop until OCCT no longer finds any errors. If you want to be even more precise, you can then step UP the curve setting by 1 point at a time until errors begin to emerge again, and revert to the last passing value. You then move on to the next core - just be sure that you set OCCT affinity to the appropriate CPUs (threads). So for core 0, this is CPU 0/1, for core 1 this is CPU 2/3, for core 2 this is CPU 4/5, and so on.

4. set the PBO power limits

For this step, you're going to need to decide on a peak temperature target you're comfortable with (keeping in mind this will also influence the noise of your fans etc). For me, I wanted to go no higher than an peak of 80c.

Start by setting the PPT, EDC, and TDC to the values you recorded previously at baseline, then run a Cinebench multicore test and check the temp.

You'll then lower the PPT value by 5w and retest, repeating until you reach your desired temp.

Once the PPT is set, your next goal is to reduce the EDC and TDC until all three limit percentages shown in HWinfo64 reach 100% more or less simultaneously. You probably wont be able to get this perfectly on 100% for all three, one may be slightly lower, but try to get it as close as possible. In my case, TDC and EDC trade off between 99.8% and 100% while PPT sits at 100% all the time.

Note - If your cooling is good enough, your temps are within your limits and you don’t have OCD then you can skip step 4 and leave the PPT EDC and TDC running with no limits. Your choice,

An even better stress test then OCCT (I think its a bit light weight to test stability) is corecycler that uses prime95 for single core testing.
I recommend it over anything else but I know some people fear prime95 so that's why it’s OCCT in the guide.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing your results. :)

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod,

The thermal improvements are negligible and I can not say if there is any at all. But I am getting an extra 135MHz. I'll see how it holds over heavy use. I may end up just disabling if I experience any problems.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod,

The thermal improvements are negligible and I can not say if there is any at all. But I am getting an extra 135MHz. I'll see how it holds over heavy use. I may end up just disabling if I experience any problems.
My 5900X with it tuned hits 80C peak and around 74c Average. My all cores hold at 4650 in multicore use and 3 of my cores peak at 5.10 in single core tests.
With it at stock my peak was about 80C as-well but that’s with everything at stock so for me the gains are awesome.

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I have been testing the stability of undervolt curve of -12 the last two days. I do see on benchmarks a higher frequency of about +127MHz but no thermal improvement at all.

I have noticed a slight increase in CPU thermals of about 1-2°C when it falls idle and takes far longer to reach original idle of 37°C, sometimes 10 minutes. The temperatures seem across the board to be higher at mid level use especially. At load I am seeing 2-3°C higher temperatures.

Do you think the Curve Optimizer could have an adverse impact on the 5950x thermals or would you suspect it is an external factor. I have been trying to find a logical explantation for the temperature increases and lower idle in relationship to the Curve Optimizer.

Any thoughts?

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
Im glad its all working for you :)
The intel wireless kexts are a work in progress so they are not perfect yet but they work better then they ever have now.
you can use the kext method on the I225-v if you like, you can grab the kexts from the Resources section on here.
@AudioGod

i tried this method, but with the FakeID i got problems when i connected the ethernet cable. I saw how ethernet was looking for an DHCP IP address. For seconds it looks good, but then the pc crashed with reboot. I disabled WLAN, the same problem - crash. I found another method in internet for Big Sur 11.4:

1. Disable FakePCIID.kext and FakePCDID_Intel_i225-V.kext in config.plist,
2. remove everything concerning i225 in DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot...
3. add "dk.e1000=0" (without quotes) to boot-args

This works great, i got 1000Mbit no crash anymore.

My next goal ist USB Mapping. Is this so important/necessary ? How do I know that a usb mapping is not there/working?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod

i tried this method, but with the FakeID i got problems when i connected the ethernet cable. I saw how ethernet was looking for an DHCP IP address. For seconds it looks good, but then the pc crashed with reboot. I disabled WLAN, the same problem - crash. I found another method in internet for Big Sur 11.4:

1. Disable FakePCIID.kext and FakePCDID_Intel_i225-V.kext in config.plist,
2. remove everything concerning i225 in DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot...
3. add "dk.e1000=0" (without quotes) to boot-args

This works great, i got 1000Mbit no crash anymore.

My next goal ist USB Mapping. Is this so important/necessary ? How do I know that a usb mapping is not there/working?
You should map your USB yes just so everything is perfect and its good for your internal Bluetooth.
It's very easy to map usb.
You have two options.

1. you can do it inside Windows using USBToolbox

2. You can do it in macOS using Corps mapping script

Both will work great and you will find full instructions on the githubs or either tools.

Awesome about the ethernet and yes that's much much better not having to do any sort of patching. Great stuff :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have been testing the stability of undervolt curve of -12 the last two days. I do see on benchmarks a higher frequency of about +127MHz but no thermal improvement at all.

I have noticed a slight increase in CPU thermals of about 1-2°C when it falls idle and takes far longer to reach original idle of 37°C, sometimes 10 minutes. The temperatures seem across the board to be higher at mid level use especially. At load I am seeing 2-3°C higher temperatures.

Do you think the Curve Optimizer could have an adverse impact on the 5950x thermals or would you suspect it is an external factor. I have been trying to find a logical explantation for the temperature increases and lower idle in relationship to the Curve Optimizer.

Any thoughts?
When there's less power going though the cores it see less temps and pushes up the boost curve to compensate. I guess in your case its a couple of things.
You didn't win the silicone lottery by the sound of it and it is a 16 core with some cores peaking over 5ghz so as long as its not hitting 90c I would really worry to much if I was you. The only thing that will probably make a difference is if you go from an all core power curve to a per core power curve as your going to find that only your good cores will need -12 and the bad ones will probably be closer to -18 / -20.
That's when you will see a difference.
if I didn't do per core then my curve would be -14 but as it turned out it was only one core that needed that and the rest were -24 and -20 so I came away with much less power being used and a bigger boost being pushed out. (just food for thought buddy)

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod,

I think I am ok on the Silicon Lottery my loads went from 76-77C to 78-79C. That is after a 30 minute run. While gaming low 70s depending on the game. With the undervolting in the same game it seems be 1-2C higher.

My idle in the morning is 35-36C and with the undervolting the last two days has been 37C. it just seem to take longer than normal to drop below 42C and stabilize.

The only time I have been in the 80s was when one of the fan headers cables on the radiator got disconnect during reassembly. Close 90C and I would be in full panic mode.

I think I am expecting to much from the thermal improvements on an optimized processor. The extra boost on MHz is worth the slight increase in temperature as it is not going to harm my system. I was just expecting a “Wow” that is incredible moment.

Just to clarify. In the past I have rebuilt the system and changed the cable routing for a single degree improvement.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod,

I think I am ok on the Silicon Lottery my loads went from 76-77C to 78-79C. That is after a 30 minute run. While gaming low 70s depending on the game. With the undervolting in the same game it seems be 1-2C higher.

My idle in the morning is 35-36C and with the undervolting the last two days has been 37C. it just seem to take longer than normal to drop below 42C and stabilize.

The only time I have been in the 80s was when one of the fan headers cables on the radiator got disconnect during reassembly. Close 90C and I would be in full panic mode.

I think I am expecting to much from the thermal improvements on an optimized processor. The extra boost on MHz is worth the slight increase in temperature as it is not going to harm my system. I was just expecting a “Wow” that is incredible moment.

Just to clarify. In the past I have rebuilt the system and changed the cable routing for a single degree improvement.
Hehe I know exactly where your head is at buddy. I’ve been there.
Im a overclocking champ and have always pushed the life out of all my Intel CPUs and then coming to AMD was a bit of a culture shock on the overclocking front and I had to reprogram my brain to think of the overclocking more like a GPU then a CPU….lol
In fairness though comparing what we can do on the Zen3 fabric to anything older Ryzen wise is still so much better then it was. Plus we have so much power on tap to start with we should be happy as is but perfectionists are perfectionists and will optimise every drop they can Be GHz, Cooling or total silence. 🤪😂

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Hehe I know exactly where your head is at buddy. I’ve been there.
Im a overclocking champ and have always pushed the life out of all my Intel CPUs and then coming to AMD was a bit of a culture shock on the overclocking front and I had to reprogram my brain to think of the overclocking more like a GPU then a CPU….lol
In fairness though comparing what we can do on the Zen3 fabric to anything older Ryzen wise is still so much better then it was. Plus we have so much power on tap to start with we should be happy as is but perfectionists are perfectionists and will optimise every drop they can Be GHz, Cooling or total silence. 🤪😂
I am honestly not sure with all the power and optimization the 5950x has of there is any need for undervolting.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I am honest not sure with all the power and optimization the 5950x has of there is any need for undervolting.
That’s my point too but you know you can’t resist the urge to do it…lol

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
That’s my point too but you know you can’t resist the urge to do it…lol
Indubitably. I can not resist giving it a try.

Do you ever feel that there is a gap between benchmarks and real world use?

For example, you configure your CPU to do heavy computation or you GPU for rendering and find the best benchmarks. The when you go to actually do the work load it is not as fast or cool as a different setup with lower benchmarks.

I feel like benchmarks are often are not representative of the performance when it comes more complex tasks or different features of the hardware.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Indubitably. I can not resist giving it a try.

Do you ever feel that there is a gap between benchmarks and real world use?

For example, you configure your CPU to do heavy computation or you GPU for rendering and find the best benchmarks. The when you go to actually do the work load it is not as fast or cool as a different setup with lower benchmarks.

I feel like benchmarks are often are not representative of the performance when it comes more complex tasks or different features of the hardware.
To an extent totally yes, theres a huge difference between a benchmark and the real world and some gpus like a 5700XT are so pushed to start with there’s nothing to be gained from a Oc other then a better timespy score and maybe a couple of extra frames while it’s temps go though the roof but then you get the RX 6800 that once undervolted and overclocked is giving you a huge gain and you notice it in every game you play and the same goes for my 5900x tuning. If you blindfolded me and turned off all my tuning and told me it was on I would notice in about 20 seconds that’s it’s acting different,
I had a 6800XT and sold it because my 6800 ended up only a few frames behind after it was tuned up.

Hackingway

AMD OS X Member
I went on a mission to get myself a Asus Crosshair VIII Hero DARK HERO as a freebie and failed miserably but in my pursuit for the motherboard I hassled the company so much that to shut me up they gave me a ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING instead.
Anyway, as it happens to be my personal all round favourite X570 motherboard it would of been rude of me not to tear down my system and rebuild it with the X570-E mounted inside it instead.
Everything is working apart from the internal mic inputs and SideCar but everything else like Sleep, PowerNap, Wake, All iCloud functions inc AirDrop, iMessage, Handoff, AppleWatch Unlock etc etc work perfectly.
I have fully mapped USB manually on all ports and there's no micro stutters or freezes or anything else strange that you can think of.

Build SpecView attachment 3549
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E (Bios Revision - 4002)
  • RAM: Corsair Pro Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz (Tuned)
  • Graphics: Sapphire RX 6800
  • Case : Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic.
  • NVMe: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB & Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
  • SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G5, 80 Plus Gold 850W
  • WiFi-Bluetooth: BCM94360NG 1200Mbps 802.11ac
  • Sound: Onboard & Native Instruments Audio 6
  • Cooling : Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 AIO
  • Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.4, Windows 10 Pro
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.0
  • SMBios MacPro7,1

ACPI SSDT's - All bypassed for other OS
  • SSDT-HPET.aml (HPET _CRS (Needs _CRS to XCRS Rename))
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml (CPU power management)
  • SSDT-SBRG.aml (Correcting EC, RTC memory & IRQ conflicts)
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml (SMBus Support)
  • SSDT-USBX.aml (USB power tables)

Kexts
  • Lilu.kext - V1.5.3
  • VirtualSMC.kext - V1.2.4
  • WhateverGreen.kext - V1.5.0
  • AppleALC.kext - V1.6.1
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext - V1.3.0
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext - V1.1.0
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext - V0.6.6
  • RestrictEvents.kext - V1.0.2
  • USBMap.kext - ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E
View attachment 2852

What Works

Sound including the case's front headphones 3.5mm port​
Both Ethernet Ports​
WiFi / Bluetooth​
USB Type C, 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Mapped & Open)​
Sleep & Wake​
Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button​
Power Nap​
Hardware Acceleration​
AirDrop​
iCloud​
iMessages​
FaceTime​
AppleTV​
Netflix & Amazon Prime via Safari​
Handoff​
Continuity​
Apple Watch Unlock​

What Doesn't Work
SideCar​
Internal Mic Input​

As the iMacPro has now been discontinued I thought it was only right to stop using smbios iMacPro1,1 for my EFI setups and use MacPro7,1 instead but this also means the EFI is only good to use with Catalina and Big Sur.
For any OS older then Catalina you would need to switch the smbios to iMacPro1,1 and modify the config.plist to suit it.
One of the advantages with using smbios MacPro7,1 is there are no renames necessary for the USB controllers allowing me to keep the USB mapping as close to how AMD/ASUS intended the USB Mapping to be.

A few very minor tweaks and changes might be needed to be done to make your system setup perfect so please make sure you read the Install & Post Install notes so you can make those last few changes quick and easily.

BIOS Settings
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
  • Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> D.O.C.P.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
  • Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI mode
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys

Install Notes
Using PlistEdit Pro, Xcode or ProperTree add your details by modifying the following
View attachment 2851

Nvram
Important
- Before booting into MacOS using the new EFI for the first time make sure you reset your Nvram. (At the bootpicker press Space to reveal the option) Try to make this a habit and do it whenever you make system changes or upgrading the EFI to a newer version etc etc.

GPU
If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi or Big Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Current EFI - OpenCore 0.7.1 (05/07/2021) SMBios MacPro7,1
The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • Lilu 1.5.4,
  • AppleALC 1.6.2,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.1,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.5,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.3,
  • AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Beta1 Compatible,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.1 (Big Sur 11.5 Ready),
  • 2.5Ghz Ethernet Auto Negotiation Fixed,
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
Note - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 2 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.0 so if you plan on playing around with the new OS for now make sure you use the 2.5GHz ethernet port instead.

Hi @AudioGod

Thanks for your help earlier, I am able to use my machine for the past month or so without a problem. After updating the BIOS my booting issues have also gotten better. However, past few days, I see that the machine's response is very slow after logging in. The screen goes dark for a while, apps take time to load etc. Once all that startup ceremony is done the machine is fine. Have you experienced anything like this? I have not made any changes to the configuration on the H/W side, though on the software side I have tried to use VirtualBox to install Fedora; which by the way did not work.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi @AudioGod

Thanks for your help earlier, I am able to use my machine for the past month or so without a problem. After updating the BIOS my booting issues have also gotten better. However, past few days, I see that the machine's response is very slow after logging in. The screen goes dark for a while, apps take time to load etc. Once all that startup ceremony is done the machine is fine. Have you experienced anything like this? I have not made any changes to the configuration on the H/W side, though on the software side I have tried to use VirtualBox to install Fedora; which by the way did not work.
That’s very strange, i Haven’t experienced anything like that no plus I have VirualBox installed and use it with no problems.
It doesn’t sound like a hardware or config problem to me at all but it does sound like something is causing Trouble at startup software wise.

Hackingway

AMD OS X Member
That’s very strange, i Haven’t experienced anything like that no plus I have VirualBox installed and use it with no problems.
It doesn’t sound like a hardware or config problem to me at all but it does sound like something is causing Trouble at startup software wise.
True, I feel so too. I think I will try to re-install the system. Maybe I could use your 0.7.1 EFI. Have the kexts been update too.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
True, I feel so too. I think I will try to re-install the system. Maybe I could use your 0.7.1 EFI. Have the kexts been update too.
Yes of course, everything is totally up to date and it’s Monterey beta1 ready too.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Has anyone else noticed that apps that depend on ffmpeg crash on startup with Monterey Beta 1?

I came across this last night when trying to airplay an MKV to my Apple TV. I tried several of my go to Airplay apps. They all had the crash and log denoting ffmpeg as the culprit. I even went so far as download an AppStore version which was plagued by the same problems.

Using HomeBrew also failed to remedy the problem which I had anticipated as it not the native Apple ffmpeg path and structure.

Is there something I am missing?

Mo Al

AMD OS X Member
I went on a mission to get myself a Asus Crosshair VIII Hero DARK HERO as a freebie and failed miserably but in my pursuit for the motherboard I hassled the company so much that to shut me up they gave me a ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING instead.
Anyway, as it happens to be my personal all round favourite X570 motherboard it would of been rude of me not to tear down my system and rebuild it with the X570-E mounted inside it instead.
Everything is working apart from the internal mic inputs and SideCar but everything else like Sleep, PowerNap, Wake, All iCloud functions inc AirDrop, iMessage, Handoff, AppleWatch Unlock etc etc work perfectly.
I have fully mapped USB manually on all ports and there's no micro stutters or freezes or anything else strange that you can think of.

Build SpecView attachment 3549
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E (Bios Revision - 4002)
  • RAM: Corsair Pro Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz (Tuned)
  • Graphics: Sapphire RX 6800
  • Case : Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic.
  • NVMe: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB & Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
  • SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G5, 80 Plus Gold 850W
  • WiFi-Bluetooth: BCM94360NG 1200Mbps 802.11ac
  • Sound: Onboard & Native Instruments Audio 6
  • Cooling : Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 AIO
  • Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.4, Windows 10 Pro
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.0
  • SMBios MacPro7,1

ACPI SSDT's - All bypassed for other OS
  • SSDT-HPET.aml (HPET _CRS (Needs _CRS to XCRS Rename))
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml (CPU power management)
  • SSDT-SBRG.aml (Correcting EC, RTC memory & IRQ conflicts)
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml (SMBus Support)
  • SSDT-USBX.aml (USB power tables)

Kexts
  • Lilu.kext - V1.5.3
  • VirtualSMC.kext - V1.2.4
  • WhateverGreen.kext - V1.5.0
  • AppleALC.kext - V1.6.1
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext - V1.3.0
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext - V1.1.0
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext - V0.6.6
  • RestrictEvents.kext - V1.0.2
  • USBMap.kext - ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E
View attachment 2852

What Works

Sound including the case's front headphones 3.5mm port​
Both Ethernet Ports​
WiFi / Bluetooth​
USB Type C, 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Mapped & Open)​
Sleep & Wake​
Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button​
Power Nap​
Hardware Acceleration​
AirDrop​
iCloud​
iMessages​
FaceTime​
AppleTV​
Netflix & Amazon Prime via Safari​
Handoff​
Continuity​
Apple Watch Unlock​

What Doesn't Work
SideCar​
Internal Mic Input​

As the iMacPro has now been discontinued I thought it was only right to stop using smbios iMacPro1,1 for my EFI setups and use MacPro7,1 instead but this also means the EFI is only good to use with Catalina and Big Sur.
For any OS older then Catalina you would need to switch the smbios to iMacPro1,1 and modify the config.plist to suit it.
One of the advantages with using smbios MacPro7,1 is there are no renames necessary for the USB controllers allowing me to keep the USB mapping as close to how AMD/ASUS intended the USB Mapping to be.

A few very minor tweaks and changes might be needed to be done to make your system setup perfect so please make sure you read the Install & Post Install notes so you can make those last few changes quick and easily.

BIOS Settings
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
  • Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> D.O.C.P.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
  • Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI mode
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys

Install Notes
Using PlistEdit Pro, Xcode or ProperTree add your details by modifying the following
View attachment 2851

Nvram
Important
- Before booting into MacOS using the new EFI for the first time make sure you reset your Nvram. (At the bootpicker press Space to reveal the option) Try to make this a habit and do it whenever you make system changes or upgrading the EFI to a newer version etc etc.

GPU
If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi or Big Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Current EFI - OpenCore 0.7.1 (05/07/2021) SMBios MacPro7,1
The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • Lilu 1.5.4,
  • AppleALC 1.6.2,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.1,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.5,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.3,
  • AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Beta1 Compatible,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.1 (Big Sur 11.5 Ready),
  • 2.5Ghz Ethernet Auto Negotiation Fixed,
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
Note - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 2 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.0 so if you plan on playing around with the new OS for now make sure you use the 2.5GHz ethernet port instead.

Hello was wondering if this EFI will work with my current setup. I have an ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wifi. I was wondering if the USB map is the same and also if this will work with my CPU 5600x I also recently upgraded to a 6800 XT (no more 5700XT). Thank you for the help.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.