AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello was wondering if this EFI will work with my current setup. I have an ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wifi. I was wondering if the USB map is the same and also if this will work with my CPU 5600x I also recently upgraded to a 6800 XT (no more 5700XT). Thank you for the help.
Yes the EFI will work with your setup but disable the USBMap.Kext from the config.plist as it’s incorrect for your board.
The EFI will work perfectly for you without the USBMap and once you are in or have installed MacOS you can then create a new one for your board and if you need help with that or want it checked over then just ask. :)

Mo Al

AMD OS X Member
Yes the EFI will work with your setup but disable the USBMap.Kext from the config.plist as it’s incorrect for your board.
The EFI will work perfectly for you without the USBMap and once you are in or have installed MacOS you can then create a new one for your board and if you need help with that or want it checked over then just ask. :)
Thank you for your help. I have another question I noticed in the EFI that you use two ethernet kexts. For my setup I've always used only one kext which was the smalltree one. Should I remove lucy? Thank you.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thank you for your help. I have another question I noticed in the EFI that you use two ethernet kexts. For my setup I've always used only one kext which was the smalltree one. Should I remove lucy? Thank you.
Yes disable or remove it.

Mo Al

AMD OS X Member
Yes disable or remove it.
Ok so I figured out I actually only need the Realtek 8111 kext not the others I'm installed and using safari from Big Sur 11.4. Only issue I have is that videos in Apple TV app go green screen on me and also the Wifi appears but doesn't work. Haven't tested blue tooth out yet and also my watch doesn't show an option to unlock. Everything else is buttery smooth. Oh and when I hit shutdown it just restarts again and then I have to shut down from windows.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Ok so I figured out I actually only need the Realtek 8111 kext not the others I'm installed and using safari from Big Sur 11.4. Only issue I have is that videos in Apple TV app go green screen on me and also the Wifi appears but doesn't work. Haven't tested blue tooth out yet and also my watch doesn't show an option to unlock. Everything else is buttery smooth. Oh and when I hit shutdown it just restarts again and then I have to shut down from windows.
To fix DRM problems with AppleTV just add unfairgva=1 your boot arguments.
my 6800 works without the boot argument but every gpu I had before it needed it to work. 👍

Mo Al

AMD OS X Member
To fix DRM problems with AppleTV just add unfairgva=1 your boot arguments.
my 6800 works without the boot argument but every gpu I had before it needed it to work. 👍
THANK YOU! That fixed the green screens in Apple TV. MY audio only outputs from my Razer Chroma Hub to my headphones which is USB powered or the display port to my monitor which is weird I've never heard that before on windows lol. Gonna try changing the audio channel to 2 if I remember correctly from the config.plist. Thank you very much for all the support.

Update: OK so I changed the layout ID to 2 in number form instead of the set data string at 150000 or something and my audio card fully works!!!

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 22.34.34.png
Big Sur 11.5 Release. The update was as smooth as always. :)

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 11.27.37.png
Again, nice work!

ennoclao

AMD OS X Member
AudioGod, with your EFI 0.71 my hackintosh is Ok in 11.5 but I can shut down. When I try to shut down but it is a reset. Do you know why?? Thanks in advance. Great job. Thanks.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
AudioGod, with your EFI 0.71 my hackintosh is Ok in 11.5 but I can shut down. When I try to shut down but it is a reset. Do you know why?? Thanks in advance. Great job. Thanks.
Make sure you are using Bios Revision 4002 or 4010 Beta and There are two settings in your bios that will cause this to happen.
1, Make sure ERP is Disabled.
2, Make sure USB power delivery in Soft off state (S5) is enabled.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
If anybody wants to try the latest version of Monterey Developer Beta3 or Public Beta2 then you can find instructions on how to modify the patches to work from here.

If you have questions on how to do it then ask on the linked thread but theres no real support for the latest patches ATM and I totally advise against installing Monterey as your daily driver. It’s not ready for that yet so use a spare Drive to test it with.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
If anybody wants to try the latest version of Monterey Developer Beta3 or Public Beta2 then you can find instructions on how to modify the patches to work from here.

If you have questions on how to do it then ask on the linked thread but theres no real support for the latest patches ATM and I totally advise against installing Monterey as your daily driver. It’s not ready for that yet so use a spare Drive to test it with.
60gb ssd ready for testing! 😏

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

Arxi Damos

AMD OS X Member
Hi Audio God.

This is a great thread. Thanks for sharing.

This is probably a bit of a long shot but I was wondering if you had any idea if there would be anyway to get this working with an R9 280x GFX card? Pretty old skool I know and I'm aware I might have to flash a different BIOS to the card but just thought I'd ask here first as I haven't done a hackintosh in quite a few years now and not sure if its worth the effort atm.

Cheers!

(Edit: Asus ROG X570 Strix Gaming E, Ryzen 3700x, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 970 EVO 1TB, + aforementioned crappy old GFX card, plus multiple others hdds, etc etc).

ennoclao

AMD OS X Member
Make sure you are using Bios Revision 4002 or 4010 Beta and There are two settings in your bios that will cause this to happen.
1, Make sure ERP is Disabled.
2, Make sure USB power delivery in Soft off state (S5) is enabled.
Thanks so much. Yes I have options like you in my bios. ERP disabled and S5 enabled but I can´t shut down, only restart. Thanks in advance.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks so much. Yes I have options like you in my bios. ERP disabled and S5 enabled but I can´t shut down, only restart. Thanks in advance.
Can you list me your full system spec including cooling and any hubs you may have internal or external please?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi Audio God.

This is a great thread. Thanks for sharing.

This is probably a bit of a long shot but I was wondering if you had any idea if there would be anyway to get this working with an R9 280x GFX card? Pretty old skool I know and I'm aware I might have to flash a different BIOS to the card but just thought I'd ask here first as I haven't done a hackintosh in quite a few years now and not sure if its worth the effort atm.

Cheers!

(Edit: Asus ROG X570 Strix Gaming E, Ryzen 3700x, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 970 EVO 1TB, + aforementioned crappy old GFX card, plus multiple others hdds, etc etc).
Hi and Thanks for the kind words buddy. :)
Just checking the Buyers Guide regarding your GPU and it states….
  • R9 280x/380x (Hit or miss)
Thats helpful isn’t it? 😂
Its a case of give it a try and see what happens.
only suggestions I can think of is to have Above 4G disabled in the bios and add the boot argument npci=0x2000 to the Config.plist Plus remove agdpmod=Ignore from the boot arguments while you are in there.
If it’s going to work that’s all it should take for it to kick in.
Good Luck and let me know if it works for you.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod I need some help with Monterey. I can reach the installer, but on first boot of Macintosh HD, It appears an error like "No port micro restart ( we don't support SMC on this platform)" and then pc reboots. I have no idea how to face this problem, I have installed via software and via USB without any luck. I have applied correctly the patches due to reaching the installer. Any tip? Thank you in advance!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod I need some help with Monterey. I can reach the installer, but on first boot of Macintosh HD, It appears an error like "No port micro restart ( we don't support SMC on this platform)" and then pc reboots. I have no idea how to face this problem, I have installed via software and via USB without any luck. I have applied correctly the patches due to reaching the installer. Any tip? Thank you in advance!
If the patches are correct and SecureBootModel is set to disabled in the config.plist then it should just work.
oh and if you have TPM enabled in the bios for Windows 11 then disable it as it also breaks the install.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
If the patches are correct and SecureBootModel is set to disabled in the config.plist then it should just work.
oh and if you have TPM enabled in the bios for Windows 11 then disable it as it also breaks the install.
let me test! thanks!

I love you! and your advices too!! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.