Audio works but Mic not - AppleALC

Luizmps

Hi all,

This is my first time doing a hackintosh, I believe I was able to install everything right, however I am unable to use my microphone, although they are detected it does not capture sounds.
i`m using the last AppleALC, that have suport for my motherboard audio codec, i used all alcid but my mic is still not working.

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 18.54.12.png

Sorry for my English, I'm still learning.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-K
GPU: RX 570 4GB
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
Bootloader: OpenCore

j71rivera

Hi all,

This is my first time doing a hackintosh, I believe I was able to install everything right, however I am unable to use my microphone, although they are detected it does not capture sounds.
i`m using the last AppleALC, that have suport for my motherboard audio codec, i used all alcid but my mic is still not working.

View attachment 770

As far as i understand. The mic never works with our amd motherboards. I could be wrong. But i have a USB Focusrite XLR mic so i dont need the one on the back of the computer.

paparotto

Hi all,

View attachment 770

Hi Friend,

Unfortunately the microphone doesn't work at all! The only solution for me was to migrate to VoodooHDA!

davidfrei7as

Hi all,

View attachment 770

Hi, Luiz! I have the same motherboard, ryzen 5 2400g, and RX 560 4 GB. Could you please share your efi folder?!

elixir

what is the "codec id" of your audio device?

example below to know the base10 codec id
vendor = realtek
codec id (hexa) = 0x10EC0256
codec id (base10) = 283902550 (your is different)

once you know your codec id (base10)

open the appleALC.kext by right clicking on it.
open info.plist (using your desired plist editor)
command+F to toggle "find" then enter your codec id (base10)
inside probably you will see many entries for your ALC887
select your layout-id's

trial and error:
1. select each layout-id (codec id in base10) and add in boot-args (alcid=xx) reboot and check "mic'' if working, note: xx is your layout=id number selected
2. if not working, then try another layout-id's, reboot and check mic, you have to do this on each layout-ids to check which layout having a working mic for your mobo
3. if all fails (mic not working) then only you have 1 option left, to use the VoodooHDA.kext

Top Bottom