Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Atari VCS
AMD Ryzen 1606G CPU w/ Vega 3 (Picasso)
Ridge Raven 2
32GB DDR4 RAM
500GB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD
Sandisk 16GB USB

Took me a while to figure it out, but here it is! The Atari VCS running Mojave 10.14.6 natively.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
You can find my guide over at the Tonymacx86 website

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Ok, just thought to update you guys on some successes I've been having of late.
I'd upgraded my VCS to Big Sur 11.3.1 and it seems to have gone through very smooth.

In addition, I'd been tinkering with some of the devices and kexts in my build on High Sierra and I have almost achieved hardware acceleration on my
build (as an APU based unit). I've managed to enable DRM to play videos, the onboard AMD HDMI and audio processor as well as unsupported SATA.

agent2

Donator
Donator
Wow! Awesome stuff dude! That's some really innovative stuff here! Maybe some of the devs and Hackintosh gurus can take notice of the APU progress you've made!
This is a nifty idea. Good job!

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Wow! Awesome stuff dude! That's some really innovative stuff here! Maybe some of the devs and Hackintosh gurus can take notice of the APU progress you've made!
This is a nifty idea. Good job!
Thanks!

To setup and boot into the system firsthand, I used Mojave, and the key point was that aside from obviously using an AMD-compatible Opencore build (with the new AMD kernels) I disabled HPET in BIOS and used a SSDT-GFX0.aml and the shikigva=40 and shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 to boot in with SMBIOS iMac19,1 because my system was a Vega 3 graphics. That's what allowed me to install Mojave, then move on to Big Sur. But BS doesn't allow Shiki boot-args so you have use a different SSDT or AGPMInject kext instead.

agent2

Donator
Donator
Good stuff!
Thanks for the info!

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
If it helps this is what used also for my setup:

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 6.13.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 6.13.22 AM.png

Kextstat audio results. No pin setup yet, but close!

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 7.35.16 AM.png

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Btw I also found this. I believe Shanee might be interested in this. It's the CPUID for my Ryzen 1606G!
Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 7.13.27 AM.png

craighazan

Donator
Donator
I'm a big fan of this project, do you still use it middleman?.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I'm a big fan of this project, do you still use it middleman?.
I see! As for usage, not so much now since I upgraded my Acer Nitro 5 to Monterey.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.