ASUS Zenbook AMD Ryzen 7 4700U can be installed OSX?

leqnam

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,

I am going to buy a new laptop ASUS ZenBook 14 UM425IA-NH74:
  • 14 inch wide-view Full HD 4-way NanoEdge bezel display
  • Latest AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.1 GHz)
  • Fast storage and memory featuring 1 TB PCIe NVMe SSD with 16 GB LPDDR4X RAM
  • Built-in IR camera for facial recognition sign in with Windows Hello
  • ErgoLift hinge and backlit keyboard
  • Windows 10 Professional included
  • Extensive connectivity with HDMI, USB Type C, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.0
  • USB 3.2 Type A, USB 3.2 Type C and Micro SD card reader (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
  • Sleek and lightweight 2.78 lbs for comfortable portability
  • Carry sleeve, USB-A to RJ45 ethernet adapter and USB-C to Audio Jack dongle are included
  • MIL-STD 810G military standard for reliability and durability
I heard somewhere that Hackintosh on AMD Laptop (also APU doesn't supported) pretty bad and almost doesn't work, doesn't it?

34-235-516-V19.jpg

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
No graphic card, no support for APU, I would not even attempt it. It would probably be a lot of work for unusable results. Not sure if eGPU would work, but the added cost would be better spent on a more compatible laptop.

leqnam

AMD OS X Member
Thank you on your repying me, So with the Ryzen 7 4700U and NVIDIA GeForce MX350 option will be better?

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Is that kepler based? if newer nividia then no drivers for macOS. Everything I have read says AMD laptops are a no go with hackintosh.

agent2

Donator
Donator
Thank you on your repying me, So with the Ryzen 7 4700U and NVIDIA GeForce MX350 option will be better?
Uhh that COULD be possible as the MX350 is Pascal. So High Sierra is an option. But have a look beforehand if the MX300 series work in macOS.
But don't take my word for it. So please check. It could be doable.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.