ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi [ Same as DarkHero ] - 5950x/RX6600XT/Monterey12.1 - Success So Far

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Last night, after much research, @Aluveitie pointed me to upgrading to Monterey 12.1 beta for support on the RX6600XT cards and the results are fantastic!!!

Current Setup:
@AudioGod 's OC0.74 EFI with core count patched to 16 and no other changes.
Hardware updated in signature.
Tripple Monitor working great.

What doesn't work [ since this list is shorter ] :
  • GbE Intel Lan Port ( Realtek 2.5g port works fine so not a huge issue ) < Rumor is it may already be fixed without doing anything as it was a MacOS issue
  • Bluetooth and WIFI ( Modifying the config and adding the proper kext is needed ) < Just for OCD purposes do anyone have a step through for adding kext updates to config.plist?
  • USB 3.0/3.1 (BLUE Ports) don't work quite right with my USB splitter...
- My work machine and personal share the same monitors/keyboard/mouse so to accommodate this I got a USB splitter [ Similar to a KVM switch ]
- Splitter only works like normal on the USB 3.1/3.2?? (RED Ports) since they supply more power < This really isn't an issue because blue is for data throughput and not really a device handler

What I haven't tested:
- Audio, I think it works since I get a chime for notifications through one of my monitors but audio is really not something I care about (I actually had my machine muted in Windows)

GEEKBENCH 5 Results are much better than in Windows (1550ish Single Core, 146xx ish multi core, GPU 99950ish Metal score for RX6600XT) and my IDE's (Rider, Webstorm, VS2019, VScode, DataGrip, MySqlWorkbench) run stupidly fast!

Last edited:

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
my motherboard is DarkHero VIII & 5950x . could u plz share your EFI and show the GEEKBENCH5 score ?

^^ Just ran it this morning, I can upload my EFI a bit later when I can scrub the serials and stuff

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• EFI_074_Template.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 66

slead

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@marinekev88
I have the Crosshair VIII Hero (no Wifi) and I updated today from BigSur to Monterey. The only thing I could not get to work was Ethernet. I then downloaded your EFI and realised that I can get the 2.5 GB working...so I modified the config.plist and also added the LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext to the kext folder and reboot and it worked.
Thanks for uploading your EFI....much appreciated.

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
So far I have updated to beta 3 (I went back to public beta to slow down the updates) and for the most part everything still works fine, I have two behaviors that maybe @AudioGod @Shaneee have advice on.

Behavior one is probably common as I see some posts on it:
So 1G ethernet obviously doesn't pick up but I use the 2.5G port anyway, the issue is that it will randomly drop the IP and network, could be 1 day could be a week. I run caffeine and do not let my Hack sleep so its not the typical wake up drop which is why Im posting. I am still running 0.7.4 Oc Efi and it seems solid.

Behavior two maybe mother board or OS I am not sure yet as its only happened once:
So I run JetBrains Rider for .Net Core dev work and recently switched the GitFlow plugin from Rider to GitKraken stand alone (maybe significant, may not be) well the other night while working my screens started freezing and pixelating and the getting the rainbow wheel. I had to hard shutdown, when booting back up it cycled the default 3 times on Asus boards and then entered safe mode to the bios. So I loaded my presets and exited which cycled the secure boot keys but no big deal it booted back into MacOS and so far its been fine.
My current thoughts are Graphics Drivers, Bios update, or kext updates needed. However it could of been a fluke from Beta 3, I don't know but looking to see if anyone has similar experiences.

Finally, this community is awesome and thank you to everyone.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
For your LAN, you may need to drop the speed to 1000baseT. This could fix the drops.

As for the freezing, not too sure. See if there's anything in Console about a crash from the time that it happened.

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
if the wifi and blue-tooth can be resolved will be better XD
I think you may have the wrong thread, here is the link to 0.7.6 Updates. I am not the Author, @AudioGod graciously provides these skeleton EFI's

The only difference In my EFI is the Hero Board USB Mapping kext which you should be able to use from your current EFI ( Labeled USBMap.Kext )

My bluetooth and wifi are still non operational and I have not investigated the mentioned Kext fixes for SmallTree due in part that I am hardwired 100% of the time and I don't run bluetooth.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.