Asus x570-p Install crash Really need some help. at a loss.

j71rivera

AMD OS X Member
AMD 3800x
asus x570-p prime
5700 xt
32 gigs ram

I get the apple screen .. then the installer crashes before it opens.

I have all the bios settings setup. and updated all the kexts i could to the most current versions after it started crashing on the installer launch. Still no change :(

Attachments

• opencore-2020-06-27-045516.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
  • Installer Log 26-Jun-2020.txt
    105.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Config.plist
    37.8 KB · Views: 3

j71rivera

AMD OS X Member
Ok this is now resolved. The answer because no one ever put it here or helped . Hope this helps someone else with this motherboard.

I followed this guide.

That in itself did not resolve the issue. I used his premade config.plist but i did generate my own ddst and took out the fall back one from amd os x. I generated my own serial mb number and such, following along on the video above. Finished up and guess what still did not work. Crashed the same area.. So i looked and there was a bios update to 2204. Installed it and had to put all the standard bios settings back.. they are in the comments of the video above. .. I thought what the heck ill try again.. And it the Installer booted and did not crash this time.. Ill try to watch my email if someone responds to this thread and needs help. Got to now get clover and put the efi from the flash drive on the HD and swap boot order so i can have dual boot.

Joe

camonz

AMD OS X Member
Why build the custom DSDTs? I installed Catalina last weekend on a x570 Prime Pro, everything went without a hitch by following the guide. Only ACPI I have installed is the prebuilt SSTD-EC-USBX-AMD.aml

Ran into some issues when I updated the MB BIOS to 2204. Error was this one, which I solved by setting Booter -> Quirks -> RebuildMemoryMap to false.

j71rivera

AMD OS X Member
Why build the custom DSDTs? I installed Catalina last weekend on a x570 Prime Pro, everything went without a hitch by following the guide. Only ACPI I have installed is the prebuilt SSTD-EC-USBX-AMD.aml

Ran into some issues when I updated the MB BIOS to 2204. Error was this one, which I solved by setting Booter -> Quirks -> RebuildMemoryMap to false.

Why Build the Custom DSTS? it was easy? since the tool did it for me. In the past i had tried to and did not realize there was only 1 file i needed it created now that i know this it was a snap. That and snazzy's video madei t clear you must build it on the machine you going to make the hackintosh. So i figured what the heck id do it so at least part of the work into getting it working was from me. :) ..

did you check all your bios settings after the update to 2204 because it reset lots of things in my bios. My dcop .. and serial port settings fast boot . had to go reclear the secure boot keys to turn that back off. and such.

j71rivera

AMD OS X Member
I killed my windows 10 activation loading windows 10 from opencore. Not sure what the soloution is to not having that happen agian. Besides just using F8 when i want to load the mac OS. A little frustrating ill have to go buy another windows 10 pro key.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Always connect your Windows licence to a Microsoft account. It will survive major hardware changes that way.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.