Solved ASUS TUF Gaming x570 WIFI PLUS RX 5700XT

Mo Al

AMD OS X Member
Hi Everyone,

So I have Successfully installed Big Sur on my rig and even updated to 11.1 no issues love that they fixed the big NAVI black screen issue for the MSI cards.

I am having a couple issues when trying to add new .kext files such as the AMD CPU Power Management .kext to my EFI partition it says that I do not have enough space. Im thinking this is due to the FAT32 partition that the EFI lives in. note sure why it is FAT32 since I selected APFS for my installation. I did however follow the guide to format my USB stick to FAT32 when making the installation media.

SO that's one issue is that I am unable to add new kexts to the EFI because of a lack of space error not really sure why.

My second concern is that all my Drives show up as external I'm sure I can fix this using the device properties method by making the controllers as built -in and ensuring the correct device path is used?

Main concern is how do I fix adding new kexts to my EFI? it was hell trying to add the GUI and icons and stuff I pretty much skipped the audio files all together.

Edit: Ok now when try to open properties I get this error message? any suggestions? I'm lost.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 5.07.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 5.07.36 PM.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 10.52.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 10.52.07 PM.png
    939.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

gearwhore

AMD OS X Member
empty your trash.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.