Asus TUF Gaming X570 Pro and Ryzen 5800x success installation

zillomab

AMD OS X Member
This is my take on Ryzentosh.
I'm an old school Mac user, since 1985 I have been biting the Macintosh apple. But boy, Apple is rotten. Hardware wise, Company wise, and Staff wise. I had it enough.
I decided to build my first PC to run away from this tyranny, and replace my oldest Mac, a Mini iCore i7 (2011). I kept a MacBook Pro TB 2016 for backup if my plan wouldn't work out.

My first tough was to build a PC for gaming, it would be my stress release during the pandemic lockdown. At first, I thought on using used parts to keep it low budget.
The first item I bought was one that many of you would not buy these days, but for me was enough and looked great reading specifications. I bought a Sapphire RX 570 8GB Nitro+ for $120,00 from a friend that almost never used it. His machines was built to run Autocad.
It took me a while to buy the other parts, but instead of getting used parts I bought new parts.
Here is my rig:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro (WiFi 6)
AMD Ryzen 5800x
Sapphire RX 570 8GB Nitro+ (used but like new)
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V - Black (CMK16GX4M2D360C18)
Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-2TB)
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (from my old Mac Mini)
Syba SY-PEX30016 3 Port IEEE 1394 Firewire 1394B e 1394A PCI2 1.1 x1 Card with TI XIO221B ChipsetIf

In order to make a fast PC to play games, I installed a debloated Windows 10 made by me, without using any "special" software to do it. It made my Windows 10 very fast to start and launch games. Yes, this rig is fast, but Windows 10 has so much crap in it, that it slows down the hardware after sometime. Debloating was the right choice. If in the future, the price tag on Graphic Cards go down to normal prices, I can replace to a newer version.

I'm pretty happy with the result and I'm enjoying it very much, but once you put a foot in the water, why not put the other too.

Since the Sabrent drive is so big, and I wasn't using the Samsung SSD, and I like to start new projects. I decided to take a look at the Hackintosh community.
It surprised me how much effort and progress it had made. Kudos to all involved in this totally valid idea.

But because I had no thought before about making a rig to Hackintosh, I thought I was in disadvantage with my choice of AMD Ryzen. My first problem was that I didn't know nothing about it.
After I made the research and read and watched many videos about the subject, I decided to make a try.
For my first attempt I used the video guide of TechTunerLife, a youtuber. Surprisingly it worked although it had some problems.
His video guide show how to install Big Sur 11.0.1 with OpenCore 0.6.4. Keep in mind that I used newer versions of the codes he used in his video.
Here is the link to his video guide. I'm not judging his methods or comparing to any easier way, but it gave a good understanding on how the Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide works.

I also used the video guide of Technolli, another youtuber, that shows how to put EFI folder in the PC SSD to boot without the USB stick. Here is the link to his video guide.

Here are some pictures I took.

MyRig1.jpeg

MyRig2.jpeg

There are some problems that I have. I don't know why in the Processor, it doesn't say Ryzen 5800x. LAN isn't working because it is the Intel i225-V. Also Intel WiFi 6 AX200 ins't working. Sound is woking fine and memory is too.

Later I found in GuitHub a hackintosh project for an Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus (WiFi) by mdtita. Here is the link to his project.
Unfortunately, his motherboard is different from mine and uses other LAN and WiFi chip sets. But also gave me some help.

I hope this report can help other AMD Ryzen processor and X570 motherboard users to make their Ryzentosh rigs work under BigSur.
If you have some help to offer, feel free to do it so.

Have a good day!

jet liu

AMD OS X Member
Good job !! I have the same MB+CPU, I boot from monterey 12.3 successfully. Lan,wifi, blutooth is working, but no sound :ROFLMAO:. I am still trying for that.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try adding RestrictEvents.kext to your /OC/Kexts folder and config.plist. The latest version of this kext is supposed to fix the CPU naming issue.

Moonvaca

AMD OS X Member
Good job !! I have the same MB+CPU, I boot from monterey 12.3 successfully. Lan,wifi, blutooth is working, but no sound :ROFLMAO:. I am still trying for that.
How’s the setup for Monterey … booter screenshot

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.