Asus Rog Strix TRX40

Ejh4286

AMD OS X Member
Would anybody out there have a working EFI for the Asus Rog Strix TRX40 that works with Monterey? I have OC 0.7.4 working with Big Sur but it wont upgrade to Monterey. TIA.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If you've already got Big Sur working then just make sure it's upto date. Update OC, kexts and make sure you've got the latest patches present and you should be ok to update. Remember TRX40 doesn't need the PAT patch so you can disable them.

Ejh4286

AMD OS X Member
If you've already got Big Sur working then just make sure it's upto date. Update OC, kexts and make sure you've got the latest patches present and you should be ok to update. Remember TRX40 doesn't need the PAT patch so you can disable them.
During the reboot after running the downloaded Monterey installer, it gets to this point then reboots again, but never gets past it (see screenshot).
35AAAB20-07C5-49EE-884C-FF1A20AB5E50.jpeg35AAAB20-07C5-49EE-884C-FF1A20AB5E50.jpeg

Attachments

• _EFI OpenCore 0.7.4.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 12

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Did you update the kexts as well?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Disable your USB map kext and try again. Do you have Above 4G enabled in the BIOS?

Ejh4286

AMD OS X Member
Disabled usb map kext. Confirmed above 4g enabled. Same behavior. Boots into Big Sur no problem. Starts to boot Monterey installer, then goes into reboot loop at point in the screen shot. I appreciate your assistance.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try this EFI folder on a USB drive first.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 11

Cosmin

AMD OS X Member
Disable your USB map kext and try again. Do you have Above 4G enabled in the BIOS?

I think Above 4G is not enough, if it's enabled, Resize Bar should be disabled as well.

Ejh4286

AMD OS X Member
I think Above 4G is not enough, if it's enabled, Resize Bar should be disabled as well.
I’m starting to think that either this particular model of board (Asus Strix TRX40-e) or maybe the TRX40 chipset has some incompatibility with Monterey. I have three of these boards and I’ve tried various EFI folders. I can get Big Sur to boot on all of them problem. But they absolutely will not boot Monterey at all.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Join the Discord server and speak to fabiosun. He has a TRX40 setup, not the same board but he knows his stuff when it comes to the platform.

Blizzard1234

AMD OS X Member
I’m starting to think that either this particular model of board (Asus Strix TRX40-e) or maybe the TRX40 chipset has some incompatibility with Monterey. I have three of these boards and I’ve tried various EFI folders. I can get Big Sur to boot on all of them problem. But they absolutely will not boot Monterey at all.
I also have the Asus Strix TRX40-e and unable to install same. Have you had any luck yet?

Ejh4286

AMD OS X Member
I also have the Asus Strix TRX40-e and unable to install same. Have you had any luck yet?
I bought an Asrock TRX40 Creator. Monterey installed no problem with the EFI I was using for Big Sur on the Asus board. Something about this board incompatible with Monterey.

ddk

AMD OS X Member
When your installation stuck on PCI configuration begin that means something is not compatible with macOS, like nvme/ssd/gpu/etc.
I have asus rog trx40 monterey installed , monterey dropped a lot of nvme/ssd and gpu and usb,
just try to install on external usb drive first when you done you would know what is the missing.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Assuming your system components are macOS Monterey compatible:

The most common cause of this kernel panic
  1. The boot argument npci=0x2000 not being present in the config.plist, or
  2. Above 4G Decode not being enabled in your bios.
Whatever you do, don't use the boot argument and the bios option together, as that causes a different issue.

Ejh4286

AMD OS X Member
When your installation stuck on PCI configuration begin that means something is not compatible with macOS, like nvme/ssd/gpu/etc.
I have asus rog trx40 monterey installed , monterey dropped a lot of nvme/ssd and gpu and usb,
just try to install on external usb drive first when you done you would know what is the missing.
What type of ssd are you using?

ddk

AMD OS X Member
What type of ssd are you using?
After hard trying im using
Sabrent Rocket Q4 2TB gen 4

None working here with me:
INTEL SSDPEKNW020T8
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Sabrent 512 GB gen 3
Corsair MP510 256 gen3

and one of my ASmedia USB type C and one HUB relaterd to Etherenet i211+Marvell 10g is down on monterey I can't get them to work with mapping again .

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Did you change SMBIOS when you installed Monterey? Check the USBMap.kext/Contents/info.plist uses the same system definition as your config.plist.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.