Asus Rog Strix TRX40

Ejh4286

Would anybody out there have a working EFI for the Asus Rog Strix TRX40 that works with Monterey? I have OC 0.7.4 working with Big Sur but it wont upgrade to Monterey. TIA.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If you've already got Big Sur working then just make sure it's upto date. Update OC, kexts and make sure you've got the latest patches present and you should be ok to update. Remember TRX40 doesn't need the PAT patch so you can disable them.

Ejh4286

If you've already got Big Sur working then just make sure it's upto date. Update OC, kexts and make sure you've got the latest patches present and you should be ok to update. Remember TRX40 doesn't need the PAT patch so you can disable them.
During the reboot after running the downloaded Monterey installer, it gets to this point then reboots again, but never gets past it (see screenshot).
35AAAB20-07C5-49EE-884C-FF1A20AB5E50.jpeg35AAAB20-07C5-49EE-884C-FF1A20AB5E50.jpeg

Attachments

• _EFI OpenCore 0.7.4.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 10

Ejh4286

Disabled usb map kext. Confirmed above 4g enabled. Same behavior. Boots into Big Sur no problem. Starts to boot Monterey installer, then goes into reboot loop at point in the screen shot. I appreciate your assistance.

Ejh4286

I think Above 4G is not enough, if it's enabled, Resize Bar should be disabled as well.
I’m starting to think that either this particular model of board (Asus Strix TRX40-e) or maybe the TRX40 chipset has some incompatibility with Monterey. I have three of these boards and I’ve tried various EFI folders. I can get Big Sur to boot on all of them problem. But they absolutely will not boot Monterey at all.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Join the Discord server and speak to fabiosun. He has a TRX40 setup, not the same board but he knows his stuff when it comes to the platform.

Blizzard1234

I’m starting to think that either this particular model of board (Asus Strix TRX40-e) or maybe the TRX40 chipset has some incompatibility with Monterey. I have three of these boards and I’ve tried various EFI folders. I can get Big Sur to boot on all of them problem. But they absolutely will not boot Monterey at all.
I also have the Asus Strix TRX40-e and unable to install same. Have you had any luck yet?

Top Bottom