ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX - OpenCore EFI

voiddreamer

AMD OS X Member
Thanks to Shaneee for his X570-F Post (and many other random sources for other small things that I can't recall)
EFI in my signature.

Following Shaneee's EFI configuration from the X570-F post.

Started with Big Sur and upgraded to Monterey. After some tinkering with the Kernel patches and addition of BlueToolFixUp, NVMe & FakePCIID MaxKernel modifications, everything is working 100% as far asI can tell.

Mont.png

wilianb

AMD OS X Member
Hi voiddreamer
To install the XFX RX 5500 XT THICC II Pro graphics, have you had to make any changes in the BIOS of the motherboard or not, I have the Asus rog strix x570-i gaming motherboard and the XFX RX 5500 XT graphics does not recognize me THICC II Pro, and I don't know what to do if to return the graphics card or where to throw it.
Thank you for your collaboration.

voiddreamer

AMD OS X Member
Hi voiddreamer
To install the XFX RX 5500 XT THICC II Pro graphics, have you had to make any changes in the BIOS of the motherboard or not, I have the Asus rog strix x570-i gaming motherboard and the XFX RX 5500 XT graphics does not recognize me THICC II Pro, and I don't know what to do if to return the graphics card or where to throw it.
Thank you for your collaboration.

The only BIOS changes I made were the ones in >> Shaneee's post << which I think would be more helpful for you with that MB. More information >> here << also.

Can you provide more information on what you're experiencing? Perhaps post your config.plist and provide all of the relevant hardware specs?

Shaneee's config may be closer to what you need, though to be honest I do not know the differences between your MB and his without looking.
He also made a note about the Navi GPU's, though I personally use agdpmod=pikera in my boot-args
GPU: If you are using a RX 6800 or any other Navi or Big Navi GPU then add agdpmod=ignore to the boot arguments.

More information on that >> here <<

Since I have a 550, I wouldn't suggest using much from my config.

Let me know if any of that helps,
void

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@wilianb are you using a riser cable?

umatz

AMD OS X Member
Hi voiddreamer,

as I am using the same motherboard as you I am very interested in your EFI-Folder (FakePCIID). Could you please share the complete EFI and not only your config.list?
I am particularly interested in the LAN connection. Is your I225-V working under Monterey or are you only using Wifi?
Shaneee mentioned here that I225-V is not working under Monterey.

voiddreamer

AMD OS X Member
Hi voiddreamer,

as I am using the same motherboard as you I am very interested in your EFI-Folder (FakePCIID). Could you please share the complete EFI and not only your config.list?
I am particularly interested in the LAN connection. Is your I225-V working under Monterey or are you only using Wifi?
Shaneee mentioned here that I225-V is not working under Monterey.
I originally had it shared, but google marked it for abuse for some reason. It's attached (along with recent modifications). I have not used the I225-V ethernet adapter and have no way to test it at the moment.

There are improvements that could be made I'm sure and some kexts you may not want or need. I have removed all of the usual info and set the OpenCanopy theme to GoldenGate, though you may want to adjust it to your liking (as well as PickerAttributes may need a look).

Hope this helps. If you end up testing, please update with your results if you don't mind.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    43.2 MB · Views: 89

umatz

AMD OS X Member
Thank you very much for the EFI. My system ist currently running very stable under Big Sur and I am mainly interested in getting the I225-V ethernet to work under Monterey. Meanwhile I've also gotten an USB-Ethernet-adapter, similar to Shaneee's.

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

my Asus B550 Strix F Wifi shows no Bluetooth with Monterey 12.0.1. Wifi and Ethernets works - any ideas?

voiddreamer

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

my Asus B550 Strix F Wifi shows no Bluetooth with Monterey 12.0.1. Wifi and Ethernets works - any ideas?
If you have any Bluetooth injector kext enabled, disable it. Also, you may need BlueToolFixup.kext. If you can post your config.plist it may help also.

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
If you have any Bluetooth injector kext enabled, disable it. Also, you may need BlueToolFixup.kext. If you can post your config.plist it may help also.
Hi,

thank you. Can you check it please? If you find some other helpful things, feel free to change it :)
My System - check my Signature..

I use Kraken X62 AIO, is there tool for Monterey?

Regards

Attachments

• Config.plist
    36.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

thank you. Can you check it please? If you find some other helpful things, feel free to change it :)
My System - check my Signature..

I use Kraken X62 AIO, is there tool for Monterey?

Regards
My newest Version:

Attachments

• Config.plist
    41.3 KB · Views: 8

voiddreamer

AMD OS X Member
If everything is working fine as it is, you may just want to add IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and remove the Brcm kexts and see what happens. At the very least, it should get your BT working (along with BlueToolFixup.kext of course).

I'll take a look at your Config.plist tomorrow when I have more time if the above doesn't work.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
If everything is working fine as it is, you may just want to add IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and remove the Brcm kexts and see what happens. At the very least, it should get your BT working (along with BlueToolFixup.kext of course).

I'll take a look at your Config.plist tomorrow when I have more time if the above doesn't work.
Ok thank you, with both config.plist there is no Bluetooth. Can you check the newest one please?

kostas-k

AMD OS X Member
I have Asus B550-F Wifi motherboard and I have stable working Bluetooth. Just use latest IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and Bluetoolfixup.kext and everything will work. I have disabled all BcrmBluetooth kexts also it case it needs

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you have an Intel WiFi/BT card you don't want to be using the Broadcom Bluetooth kexts, ever.

The Broadcom kexts are not compatible with any Intel Bluetooth module.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.