ASUS ProArt X570-Creator Wifi with TB4

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just got Monterey 12.1 installed! After troubleshooting a NVMe issue - some stuff works with my initial config using OC 0.7.6

Current Specs:
ASUS ProArt X570-Creator Wifi with TB4
Ryzen 5600X
Radeon 6800
32GB RAM
WD SN750 NVMe

I started with AudioGod's ASUS X570-E EFI and added a few things -

I added Intel Wifi (AirportItlwm) and Bluetooth (IntelBluetoothFirmware) support by following instructions from here. Wifi works, but bluetooth does not.
I grabbed the USB and TB SSDTs from this thread, but they don't seem to work. Thunderbolt doesn't work, finder crashes if I plug in to the higher speed USB ports (USB 3.2 ports)
Sleep seems to make the machine crash.
GPU seems to be ok. Geekbench score is good.
It recognizes the intel 2.5G NIC, but it doesn't connect. and it does not recognize the Aquantia 10G NIC - but i did see some errors during boot about that (in verbose mode). Saw some threads about getting that to work - will dig around a bit.
It doesn't recognize the CPU type, but that's fine with me. Would be cool to get that displayed in the "About" panel.
iMessage/iCloud works.

Mostly I just want to get BT and TB working. Any tips there would be fantastic! The USB issues I can likely fix by making the correct SSDTs, maybe TB also.

I do have a natively supported Wifi/BT card I could install if needed, but would like to try to get the onboard working.

If anyone has any tips - that'd be awesome!

My EFI is attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.8 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

silkroadonsale

AMD OS X Member
sorry I don't have any hint since ProArt X570 Wifi creator board is not working well with Monterey so I stay in Big Sur. I don't replace any hardware since it working perfectly fine with all the Kext. The AQC113CS Aquantia NIC is not supported on Big Sur so I just leave it alone. I'll test with Ventura in the future to see if this Motherboard is working good with lasted macOS or not.

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
I managed to get a stable Monterey installation by reinstalling the OS (my user migration made some
Chaos…)

Still no BT!

Would you mind sharing your Big Sur EfI?

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
UPDATE: solved by mapping the BT port on internal USB.
Everything working. still, the system reboots quite often during the boot process but when it manages to end the boot it's super stable...

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@Sharky if you add -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 boot arguments to your config.plist, does the system stop and show some verbose text, instead of automatically rebooting?

If yes, post a copy so we can see what is causing the kernel panic.

Post a copy of your current OC EFI, so we can see what you are using.

Also provide a list of the components in your system, so we know exactly what you are using.

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
@Sharky if you add -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 boot arguments to your config.plist, does the system stop and show some verbose text, instead of automatically rebooting?

If yes, post a copy so we can see what is causing the kernel panic.

Post a copy of your current OC EFI, so we can see what you are using.

Also provide a list of the components in your system, so we know exactly what you are using.
Hi,

sorry for the delay, I have somehow missed your message. I will be back home tonight and post as requested.

Thanks for kind support!

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

to better explain the issue: I can see the text loading up "until the end" and then:

option 1: Reboot
option 2: screen goes stand by and after 1-2mins I reach the boot screen
option 3: once in a while it directly boots (total time under 25seconds from picker)

With option 1, followed after 3-4 reboots by option 2, being the most frequent scenario.

The boot args should be there.

Config:
CPU: 5950X
MB: Asus X570e ProArt Creator
RAM: 64gb ddr4 3600 Force Xtreem
GPU: Radeon 6900XT
Boot SSD: WD Sn850X 4TB (APFS)
Wifi / BT: original intel card replaced by an original Airport BCM (correctly working)
USB: 1 slot occupied by Logitech unifier dongle for the K750 keyboard
LAN: AcQ 113 10GB working -> Enabled
LAN 2: Intel i225V -> disabled

Thanks in advance for the support!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Remove ApfsDriverLoader.efi from your /EFI/OC/Drivers folder. This is not a driver that is required by OpenCore.
If you want to see the OC GUI boot screen, you need to add OpenCanopy.efi to the /EFI/OC/Drivers folder, along with a companion entry in the config.plist for the driver.
While you are at that, I would recommend adding ResetNvramEntry.efi and ToggleSipEntry.efi to the Drivers folder, along with two entries in the config.
Not sure you need the AGPMInjector.kext for your system, none of the other X570 systems I have seen have this kext in their OC setup.

I couldn't add the DeviceProperties for your RX6900 XT as I don't know the Device Path for your dGPU. If you post a copy of the PCIe Devices.plist from Hackintool I can add them to another config.

I have made the changes listed above and made a few corrections to your config.plist. See if this Revised EFI-Sharky works any better.

Just rename it to EFI and make sure you use the ResetNvramEntry.efi from the OC boot screen, press the spacebar if it is not visible when you boot OC.

Attachments

• EFI-Sharky.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 3

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Hi, first of all many thanks for taking care!

The reason I had the ApfsDriverLoader.efi installed is because the picker couldn't find any driver but the HFS at the boot...I know that sounds strange!

As far as the AGPMinjector.kext is concerned, it was because the 6900XT was idling at a very high temp (55-57C), thus I got suggested to give it a try by injecting a that kext. It marginally helped ( or at least I believe it did...).

Attached please find my PCIe Devices.plist fresh from Hackintool!

Attachments

• pcidevices.plist
    16.6 KB · Views: 1

silkroadonsale

AMD OS X Member
I suggest try to update to Ventura to see it's stable or not. I know this motherboard won't like Monterey. I already try it and it failed miserably. that's why I stay at Big Sur atm.

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Remove ApfsDriverLoader.efi from your /EFI/OC/Drivers folder. This is not a driver that is required by OpenCore.
If you want to see the OC GUI boot screen, you need to add OpenCanopy.efi to the /EFI/OC/Drivers folder, along with a companion entry in the config.plist for the driver.
While you are at that, I would recommend adding ResetNvramEntry.efi and ToggleSipEntry.efi to the Drivers folder, along with two entries in the config.
Not sure you need the AGPMInjector.kext for your system, none of the other X570 systems I have seen have this kext in their OC setup.

I couldn't add the DeviceProperties for your RX6900 XT as I don't know the Device Path for your dGPU. If you post a copy of the PCIe Devices.plist from Hackintool I can add them to another config.

I have made the changes listed above and made a few corrections to your config.plist. See if this Revised EFI-Sharky works any better.

Just rename it to EFI and make sure you use the ResetNvramEntry.efi from the OC boot screen, press the spacebar if it is not visible when you boot OC.
I have tried with the EFI you kindly reworked and:

1st boot -> straight!
2nd boot (after restart) -> reboot
3rd boot (shut down, power ON) -> reboot
4th boot -> straight...

In the verbose phase I can eat some mention fo the NVIDIA Cuda driver....can it be that there's some ghost in the system causing the problem.

Other than the boot problem, when the system boot, it is absolutely stable under Monterey!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
There is nothing in the OC setup regarding the Nvidia Web Drivers (NWD's), i.e. boot arguments to enable or disable the NWD's.

The Cuda drivers are a separate installation. If you have previously installed them, you probably need to make sure they have been completely uninstalled. There may be an uninstaller in the Applications or Utilities folder. left over from High Sierra.

Vorshim92

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

to better explain the issue: I can see the text loading up "until the end" and then:

option 1: Reboot
option 2: screen goes stand by and after 1-2mins I reach the boot screen
option 3: once in a while it directly boots (total time under 25seconds from picker)

With option 1, followed after 3-4 reboots by option 2, being the most frequent scenario.

The boot args should be there.

Config:
CPU: 5950X
MB: Asus X570e ProArt Creator
RAM: 64gb ddr4 3600 Force Xtreem
GPU: Radeon 6900XT
Boot SSD: WD Sn850X 4TB (APFS)
Wifi / BT: original intel card replaced by an original Airport BCM (correctly working)
USB: 1 slot occupied by Logitech unifier dongle for the K750 keyboard
LAN: AcQ 113 10GB working -> Enabled
LAN 2: Intel i225V -> disabled

Thanks in advance for the support!!
I have this build too. I saw your efi and I think you have to update your kernel patch...
I solved the problem using OCAT.

I also saw that you have kernel quirk "AppleXCPMForceBoost"... why?... use this settings below and let me know

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.