Asus PRIME X570-P Hackintosh Possible? Help please.

j71rivera

AMD OS X Member
No matter how many times ive tried to follow along on the AMD OS X walk through I never get any where close to being about to install OSX. I found another users posted efi directory for another asus x570 TUF mother board and that had got me the closest to being able to install. It gets me all the way up to starting to load the installer and then i get a crash log that i kept. I can attach the log maybe it will be obvious to someone else what is wrong. Ill try to include here drivers and kexts that show loaded too. I will see about taking a picture with my phone of the crash screen. I have googled many of the crash report items and not found a solution.

Source for my EFI Folder https://github.com/tylinux/hackintosh-ASUS-X570-Prime-Plus-3700x

Catalina 10.15.5 is what im trying to install.

Mother Board Asus Prime x570-p
CPU Ryzen 3800x
That OPEN Core is version 5.9
Graphics Card is 5700xt. (Seems to load fine because both monitors (well i have 3) but 2 turn on when i get up to the crash
32 Gigs Ram
1TB m.2 Has windows 10 on it
500 gb Sata ssd for macosx

Attachments

• Installer Log 13-Jun-2020.txt
    103.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Drivers.PNG
    Drivers.PNG
    19.8 KB · Views: 25
  • kexts.PNG
    kexts.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200615_152808.jpg
    IMG_20200615_152808.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • config.plist
    37.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

j71rivera

AMD OS X Member
As an update i just tried to do the same install and swapped out the 5700 to a nvidia 1050 as i found on some other sujestions and that also gave me the same result same stopping point.

j71rivera

AMD OS X Member
This one can be closed as i did get it working. well mostly.

MaziRoddy999

AMD OS X Member
No matter how many times ive tried to follow along on the AMD OS X walk through I never get any where close to being about to install OSX. I found another users posted efi directory for another asus x570 TUF mother board and that had got me the closest to being able to install. It gets me all the way up to starting to load the installer and then i get a crash log that i kept. I can attach the log maybe it will be obvious to someone else what is wrong. Ill try to include here drivers and kexts that show loaded too. I will see about taking a picture with my phone of the crash screen. I have googled many of the crash report items and not found a solution.

Source for my EFI Folder https://github.com/tylinux/hackintosh-ASUS-X570-Prime-Plus-3700x

Catalina 10.15.5 is what im trying to install.

Mother Board Asus Prime x570-p
CPU Ryzen 3800x
That OPEN Core is version 5.9
Graphics Card is 5700xt. (Seems to load fine because both monitors (well i have 3) but 2 turn on when i get up to the crash
32 Gigs Ram
1TB m.2 Has windows 10 on it
500 gb Sata ssd for macosx
Not to resurrect an old thread, but I was able to get macOS installed by way of Clover using the ASUS PRIME X570-P motherboard accompanied by a 3700X and 1080Ti back in Jan 2020. I was never successfully able to get USB connected peripherals to work outside of USB flash drives. Currently, I'm stuck on 10.13.6 since I refuse to buy a new GPU especially since new ones are trending at marked up prices, as much as twice over MSRP... I haven't attempted to follow up rectifying said issues on my "hack" since March 2020 until today, but currently it's unable to boot into the OS for some odd reason, stuck at "End RandomSeed" during boot, and after dealing w/ dead-end remedies for over 3 hours, I'm ready to throw in the towel. I've never took the plunge into Open Core, but it seems today is day to tread on uncharted territory ;) .

Strawberry Yogurt

AMD OS X Member
Not to resurrect an old thread, but I was able to get macOS installed by way of Clover using the ASUS PRIME X570-P motherboard accompanied by a 3700X and 1080Ti back in Jan 2020. I was never successfully able to get USB connected peripherals to work outside of USB flash drives. Currently, I'm stuck on 10.13.6 since I refuse to buy a new GPU especially since new ones are trending at marked up prices, as much as twice over MSRP... I haven't attempted to follow up rectifying said issues on my "hack" since March 2020 until today, but currently it's unable to boot into the OS for some odd reason, stuck at "End RandomSeed" during boot, and after dealing w/ dead-end remedies for over 3 hours, I'm ready to throw in the towel. I've never took the plunge into Open Core, but it seems today is day to tread on uncharted territory ;) .
I Installed 11.3 on a x570 prime p with a 3800x and 64gb ram (just updated to 11.4). I also mapped the usb. Let me know if there is any way I can help you.

MaziRoddy999

AMD OS X Member
I Installed 11.3 on a x570 prime p with a 3800x and 64gb ram (just updated to 11.4). I also mapped the usb. Let me know if there is any way I can help you.
Dude, I can't believe anybody even responded to my comment. From my experience in similar forums, usually comments like mine on these type of threads go unanswered. Aside from Shaneee (who's good people which I might add), you're a Godsend. I don't know first thing a/b OpenCore, and I would gladly accept any help you're willing to offer... It took me a while to understand Clover to the point where I know it like the back of my hand, but that was yrs ago. I really don't wanna have to study up on OpenCore like I did Clover since I'm kinda impatient at this point after successfully installing 10.13.6 a yr ago on my X570 rig only for it not to boot into the OS anymore. I highly suspect it had to do w/ me updating the firmware twice since I bult it. Any resources you don't mind sharing or direction you can lead me to get started, I'm open to such gesture :)
PS: I'm stuck on 10.13.6 b/c there is no driver support for NVIDIA GPUs on macOS 11, especially anything past Pascal.

Strawberry Yogurt

AMD OS X Member
Here is my entire EFI Folder. I am running the latest BIOS of x570p. If you want I can give you the settings on the BIOS as well. Obviously you will need to make some modifications to the config such as LAN MAC address. The UBS Map kext is in there too. FYI I am running RX580 as my graphics card and I am harried for internet so no Wifi Card. Hope this helps.

MaziRoddy999

AMD OS X Member
Here is my entire EFI Folder. I am running the latest BIOS of x570p. If you want I can give you the settings on the BIOS as well. Obviously you will need to make some modifications to the config such as LAN MAC address. The UBS Map kext is in there too. FYI I am running RX580 as my graphics card and I am harried for internet so no Wifi Card. Hope this helps.
Thanks my guy. I think once I get a chance to take a look at the plist and examine what underlying details are trending within it, I'll be able to fully grasp how things operate in OpenCore as I did w/ Clover. I would also appreciate knowing what BIOS settings you are using as well in order to cross reference it w/ how mines is currently set up.

Strawberry Yogurt

AMD OS X Member
This is the BIOS profile I use for booting the rig. I just used the ASUS EZ profile utility to export the settings. I have 2 bios profiles (1 for Windows ands 1 for Mac)

Attachments

• MacOS_setting.txt
    19.1 KB · Views: 15

MaziRoddy999

AMD OS X Member
This is the BIOS profile I use for booting the rig. I just used the ASUS EZ profile utility to export the settings. I have 2 bios profiles (1 for Windows ands 1 for Mac)
Awesome, much appreciated. I can't thank you enough... I'll work on it tomorrow and give you my findings :)

MaziRoddy999

AMD OS X Member

So after looking over the config.plist in your EFI folder, I changed the “ROM” and replaced it w/ my own MAC address, but got the following error:
OCS: Failed to parse data field as value with type mdata and <02f7e6d9ea08> cont ents, context <ROM>!
(Not my real MAC Address for obvious reasons)

Thereafter, I was able able to reach the bootloader (w/ a timer for OS selection and no GUI [containing mouse pointer/icons], both of which I don't prefer might I add), and in attempt to select my High Sierra OS, I get the following error:

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing! OCB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation

Guess I got some more Googling to do in order to understand how to better utilize and operate OpenCore.

Last edited:

Strawberry Yogurt

AMD OS X Member
So after looking over the config.plist in your EFI folder, I changed the “ROM” and replaced it w/ my own MAC address, but got the following error:
OCB: Failed to parse data field as value with type mdata and <02f7e6d9ea08> cont ents, context <ROM>!
(Not my real MAC Address for obvious reasons)

Thereafter, I was able able to reach the bootloader (w/ a timer for OS selection and no GUI [containing mouse pointer/icons], both of which I don't prefer might I add), and in attempt to select my High Sierra OS, I get the following error:

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing! OCB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation

Guess I got some more Googling to do in order to understand how to better utilize and operate OpenCore.
There are some specific boot args and options for Big Sur that are not present in Catalina from what I’ve seen. I have set mine up for Big Sur from the start. Check out the Dortania install guide to see which things to turn on/off.

MaziRoddy999

AMD OS X Member
There are some specific boot args and options for Big Sur that are not present in Catalina from what I’ve seen. I have set mine up for Big Sur from the start. Check out the Dortania install guide to see which things to turn on/off.
After performing a Google search, I noticed that the "OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation" error is attributed to the "AppleSecureBoot" feature being implemented as of version 0.6.1 of OpenCore... Once I edited the config.plist by changing "Default" to 'Disable" under "SecureBootModel", I no longer received the error, but my current macOS install was unbootable... No worries since I wasn't even able to fully utilize the OS due to it not being fully functional.
Sidenote: Is there anyway to enable a GUI on the bootloader screen with a mouse pointer included in OpenCore like there is in Clover?

MaziRoddy999

AMD OS X Member
After doing some further research, adding relevant boot flags (pertaining to previous issues), disabling both SecureBootModel & SIP, replacing serial/model numbers w/ a more compatible SMBIOS, and recreating the whole USB boot disk, I can now finally install macOS High Sierra :)

0GsNdq4.jpg

Sidenote: I noticed that your EFI folder didn't contain a "bootstrap.efi" file so I'm curious to know why didn't you use one?

Last edited:

Strawberry Yogurt

AMD OS X Member
After doing some further research, adding relevant boot flags (pertaining to previous issues), disabling both SecureBootModel & SIP, replacing serial/model numbers w/ a more compatible SMBIOS, and recreating the whole USB boot disk, I can now finally install macOS High Sierra :)

0GsNdq4.jpg

Sidenote: I noticed that your EFI folder didn't contain a "bootstrap.efi" file so I'm curious to know why didn't you use one?
I’m glad you’re on your way to get this up and running! The reason I don’t have bootstrap.efi in my folder is because as of Open Core v 0.6.6 bootstrap.efi was removed due to OpenCore functionality changes.

MaziRoddy999

AMD OS X Member
I’m glad you’re on your way to get this up and running! The reason I don’t have bootstrap.efi in my folder is because as of Open Core v 0.6.6 bootstrap.efi was removed due to OpenCore functionality changes.
Ok, makes sense. That was a part of my research: I was comparing other EFI folders to yours, but theirs was probably on an older version of OpenCore.

---Edit---

I'm in there
KDMXc4R.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.