ASUS B550+ TUF Gaming S1200A No Audio

denexus

AMD OS X Member
I have the following hardware:

1. ASUS B550+ TUF Gaming Motherboard
2. AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
3. Fenvi T919 WiFi and BT

I am on Big Sur (11.4) on OpenCore (0.7.0)

I have tried all layout-id on the AppleALC wiki and I have also tried https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/mini-guide-for-amd-applelac-kext-custom-builds.1298/

So far, I see the device and the outputs but nothing can be heard on my headphones.

I also can't see my BT, but this is probably due to not having the correct USB mapping. Can someone help me resolve my BT and audio issues?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I see in your config you've got DeviceProperties for [icodePciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x8,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x4)]/icode]
However 1 is not the correct way of saying the value. It would be 01000000

I suggest you remove the DevicePropery just now and test the layout IDs using the boot arg alcid=x replacing x with the layout. Try each one with a reboot to test,

Code:
layout 1, 2, 3, 11, 49, 50, 51, 69

denexus

AMD OS X Member
You can set value in Number and Data in layout-id, that's what I read and tested as well. I have tried all layout ids, and I just don't get sound in the headphones. I play something I get no output in my speakers.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
You can set value in Number and Data in layout-id, that's what I read and tested as well. I have tried all layout ids, and I just don't get sound in the headphones. I play something I get no output in my speakers.
Are you selecting the output called internal speakers in MacOS and using the middle bottom output for your speakers if you are looking at the io plate?

denexus

AMD OS X Member
Yes I have tried the Line out at the back as well as the front side port. Internal speakers, changes to headphones when I plug something in the front port, but I get no audio. Is there a way I could debug this, I think the kext side and layout side is okay but maybe something else is a miss?

techgoggles

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I installed Realtek and Nahimic Driver from windows and audio was back to normal, try that.

Same issue, it used to work before, I one day restarted from windows and Audio was gone, I can barely here from the front port but its really low to make any sense...
It used to work fine in catalina

Last edited:

denexus

AMD OS X Member
So i reinstalled 11.4 and I used my modified AppleALC.kext as stated in my first thread and I got perfect audio, but after rebooting to windows and then coming back, I hear some very faint noise when I play something. I have also tried alctsel=1 as mentioned here, but it doesn't help either.

@techgoggles can you share exactly what you did to get it working? Are you using the original AppleALC.kext by acidanthera? If yes, what layout id are you using?

Also what has driver installation in Windows got to do with Mac? If it fixes it can you tell me exactly which drivers you installed?

My BT is working now, I just need to use the USB-RHUB SSDT thingy.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.