Asus B550-I Monterey problem after the upgrade

t_riikonen

AMD OS X Member
Hello folks,

Today I tried to upgrade my BigSur 11.6.1 to Monterey 12.0.1. Upgrading in principle went fine and finally, the system booted to Monterey. The system was however unstable and I had to return back to BigSur: Wifi and Bluetooth were not working, and the system randomly rebooted during normal use. I also noticed that during the booting there was a warning "IOKit Daemon (kernelmanagerd) stall[0] (60s): ´IOUSBHostDevice´" and booting took a very long time.

I have the latest OC v0.7.5 with 1:1 the configuration as described in Dortania's guide + latest AMD patches and latest Kexts versions. Active Kexts: AirportItlwm.kext, AppleALC.kext, AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext, IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, IntelBluetoothInjector.kext, Lilu.kext, VirtualSMC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext. Drivers: HfsPlus.efi, OpenCanopy.efi, OpenRuntime.efi. ACPI: SSDT-CPUR.aml, SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml. I also haven't done any USB mapping.

HW: MB: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING, CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X, GPU: RX580, RAM: 32 GB, Disks: 1. NVMe for MacOS, 2. NVMe for Win 10, 3. SATA SSD for Win data, 4. external USB drive for backup purposes.

Is there anyone, who has succeeded in upgrading Asus B550 to Monterey with a similar fluently working setup as it is in BigSur?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello folks,

Today I tried to upgrade my BigSur 11.6.1 to Monterey 12.0.1. Upgrading in principle went fine and finally, the system booted to Monterey. The system was however unstable and I had to return back to BigSur: Wifi and Bluetooth were not working, and the system randomly rebooted during normal use. I also noticed that during the booting there was a warning "IOKit Daemon (kernelmanagerd) stall[0] (60s): ´IOUSBHostDevice´" and booting took a very long time.

I have the latest OC v0.7.5 with 1:1 the configuration as described in Dortania's guide + latest AMD patches and latest Kexts versions. Active Kexts: AirportItlwm.kext, AppleALC.kext, AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext, IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, IntelBluetoothInjector.kext, Lilu.kext, VirtualSMC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext. Drivers: HfsPlus.efi, OpenCanopy.efi, OpenRuntime.efi. ACPI: SSDT-CPUR.aml, SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml. I also haven't done any USB mapping.

HW: MB: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING, CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X, GPU: RX580, RAM: 32 GB, Disks: 1. NVMe for MacOS, 2. NVMe for Win 10, 3. SATA SSD for Win data, 4. external USB drive for backup purposes.

Is there anyone, who has succeeded in upgrading Asus B550 to Monterey with a similar fluently working setup as it is in BigSur?
The FakePCID kexts cause kernel panic in Monterey, that is your main issue. You also need to map your USB ports to get bluetooth working. My EFI is here although I've made some tweaks since I uploaded it

tacophox

AMD OS X Member
I was only able to get Monterey working without any of the OpenIntelWireless kexts (AirportItlwm.kext, IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, IntelBluetoothInjector.kext). As for now I'm using it without them so no Bluetooth nor WiFi, which isn't that big of a deal personally since I use Ethernet. I've heard better from Broadcom's WiFi/Bt and their respective kexts.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.