Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX|Ryzen 5 5600x|RX 6600 XT|Sonoma 14 beta 5/Ventura 13.1/Monterey 12.3.1 Full working

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
At what point exactly does it crash? Is debug=0x100 in boot-args?
Yes I have debug=0x100 in my boot-args. I can not reliably say exactly where the crash happens, since in the verbose the text goes by way too fast leading up to it so I can't get a clear view or a photo of the last line before the crash. I have tried fiddling around with different boot-args and kexts to no avail. Everything right now is as up to date as can be.

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Olarila suggests downloading Ventura on their website instead of the App Store. This shouldn't actually make a difference, should it? Is it possible to only fail the installation using the App Store download?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Olarila suggests downloading Ventura on their website instead of the App Store. This shouldn't actually make a difference, should it? Is it possible to only fail the installation using the App Store download?
Don't use Olarila, their images are modified and who knows what kind of malware they contain.

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Don't use Olarila, their images are modified and who knows what kind of malware they contain.
Some progress has been made, possibly. Ventura was suddenly installed, but when I get in, there is no internet connection, no bluetooth and after about 20 seconds the system suddenly crashes and restarts.

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Success! Turns out I had forgotten to update AirportItlwm.kext, as soon as I updated that I got in, no crashes. Everything else looks to be working as of now except for Bluetooth, which I need. I hope I can sort that one out without too much of a hassle. Also, not really important at all, but for some reason my CPU has always shown as "Unknown" in About This Mac.

Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Success! Turns out I had forgotten to update AirportItlwm.kext, as soon as I updated that I got in, no crashes. Everything else looks to be working as of now except for Bluetooth, which I need. I hope I can sort that one out without too much of a hassle. Also, not really important at all, but for some reason my CPU has always shown as "Unknown" in About This Mac.

Make sure RestrictEvents is up to date. If it's still not working, use CPU-Name by CorpNewt. For the Bluetooth, you'll need IntelBluetoothFirmware, IntelBTPatcher, BlueToolFixup and the BT port set as Internal in your USB map.

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Make sure RestrictEvents is up to date. If it's still not working, use CPU-Name by CorpNewt. For the Bluetooth, you'll need IntelBluetoothFirmware, IntelBTPatcher, BlueToolFixup and the BT port set as Internal in your USB map.
I have the latest version of RestrictEvents, IntelBluetoothFirmware and BlueToolFixup. BT port is set as internal, and it was working fine on Monterey, just not on Ventura. I have never had IntelBTPatcher yet Bluetooth had no problems. Is it required only on Ventura? Will try adding it now.

Update: Adding IntelBTPatcher did not do anything, Bluetooth is still missing.

Update 2: Reset NVRAM, helped once before on Monterey, not this time. Bluetooth is still a no go.

Update 3: Well, this is embarrassing. Turns out that IntelBluetoothFirmware and BlueToolFixup were both disabled for some reason in my config.plist. I have no clue how Bluetooth was working in Monterey if this was the case since I had not touched those since my original install. Nonetheless, Bluetooth is up and running, no issues to report. Ventura working perfectly here as well. Got the processor info showing up correctly as well using CPU-Name.

Last edited:

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Here I come again asking for help.

As I previously stated, my Ethernet has not worked once on the build. I have the required AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext and the SSDT-I225V.aml ACPI which enables Ethernet to show up in Network settings, but it always says "Not connected" and I have to use Wi-Fi. I do have the boot-arg e1000=0 and the necessary settings, but nothing seems to enable the Ethernet. This has not been a problem for me before, but for some reason on Ventura, the Wi-Fi starts up very slowly and I might have wait for up to a minute before it connects, not a deal breaker but really annoying. Does anyone have a tip for me as how to get it up and running? Am I just missing something here?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Here I come again asking for help.

As I previously stated, my Ethernet has not worked once on the build. I have the required AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext and the SSDT-I225V.aml ACPI which enables Ethernet to show up in Network settings, but it always says "Not connected" and I have to use Wi-Fi. I do have the boot-arg e1000=0 and the necessary settings, but nothing seems to enable the Ethernet. This has not been a problem for me before, but for some reason on Ventura, the Wi-Fi starts up very slowly and I might have wait for up to a minute before it connects, not a deal breaker but really annoying. Does anyone have a tip for me as how to get it up and running? Am I just missing something here?
Can you send an IOReg dump?

islamNour

AMD OS X Member
View attachment 5793

View attachment 5795
View attachment 5796

Monterey 12.3.1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @ 3.7GHz
GPU: Asrock RX 6600 XT phantom gaming OC 8G
RAM: 16GB Kingston FURY Renegade 3600 Mhz 16cl
Motherboard: Asrock b550 phantom gaming-itx/ax
Audio Codec: Realtek ALC1220/External audiocard m-track 2x2
Ethernet Card: Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb
Wifi+BT Card: WIFI 6 AX200
BIOS revision: 2.10

Fully working build, including ethernet, wifi, BT, sleep etc

For working Ethernet you need to use this patch for I225-V https://github.com/5T33Z0/Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-G-Hackintosh-OpenCore/blob/main/I225-V_FIX.md

This EFI use "Above 4g decoding" and "SAM" enabled in BIOS settings

Link to github EFI: https://github.com/tranquilitysmile/asrock-b550-phantom-gaming-itx-ax-opencore
I have mb msi b550m vdh pro wifi and 5600 with the same gpu , will this efi work with me if I changed the cpu cores ?

islamNour

AMD OS X Member
Which images should I use ?, I always use Olarila images

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

islamNour

AMD OS X Member
View attachment 5793

View attachment 5795
View attachment 5796

Monterey 12.3.1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @ 3.7GHz
GPU: Asrock RX 6600 XT phantom gaming OC 8G
RAM: 16GB Kingston FURY Renegade 3600 Mhz 16cl
Motherboard: Asrock b550 phantom gaming-itx/ax
Audio Codec: Realtek ALC1220/External audiocard m-track 2x2
Ethernet Card: Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb
Wifi+BT Card: WIFI 6 AX200
BIOS revision: 2.10

Fully working build, including ethernet, wifi, BT, sleep etc

For working Ethernet you need to use this patch for I225-V https://github.com/5T33Z0/Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-G-Hackintosh-OpenCore/blob/main/I225-V_FIX.md

This EFI use "Above 4g decoding" and "SAM" enabled in BIOS settings

Link to github EFI: https://github.com/tranquilitysmile/asrock-b550-phantom-gaming-itx-ax-opencore
I have used ur Efi but it stuck on "couldn't allocate class applekeystoretest" can you help me ? My mb is msi b550 pro vdh wifi

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Can you send an IOReg dump?
Sorry for the late reply.
Edhawk was trying to help me with this problem in an another thread (https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/ethernet-not-connected.4015/) but sadly it amounted to nothing. He provided me with some SSDT's to try out but unfortunately they were of no help. You can go through our conversation so you can see what has been tried out by now, I would need someone with more ACPI knowledge as I have no clue how to proceed. IOReg dump attached.

Attachments

• Mac Pro.zip
    978.4 KB · Views: 10

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
What patch do you mean exactly? I have tried the SSDT-I225V.aml, that sadly does not work because it is for a completely different motherboard, and you seemingly do not have in your EFI either. Then again, the AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext does nothing for me, as I have that in my EFI. I also have the needed boot-arg e1000=0 but have not managed to get the Ethernet working. If I recall correctly, I actually once tried to boot using your EFI but had the same result.
Did you end up flashing a custom firmware for the controller?

sidetrak85

AMD OS X Member
I'm not educated on the subject but with a AsRock b650 riptide pg Phantom gaming and 7600x could I use your Efi as a starting point???

varkon

AMD OS X Member
What patch do you mean exactly? I have tried the SSDT-I225V.aml, that sadly does not work because it is for a completely different motherboard, and you seemingly do not have in your EFI either. Then again, the AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext does nothing for me, as I have that in my EFI. I also have the needed boot-arg e1000=0 but have not managed to get the Ethernet working. If I recall correctly, I actually once tried to boot using your EFI but had the same result.
Did you end up flashing a custom firmware for the controller?
You need only flash custom firmware for I225 from link and use kext AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext, still working in Sonoma

Update repo on github for Sonoma beta 5 support, still fully working with bt, wifi, ethernet etc

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.