[ASK ABOUT USB 3 DETECTION TOOL] USBToolbox only detect usb2.0 port on my usb3.0 port

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your USBMap.kext is activating 10 ports, as follows:
OHC1
  1. PRT1 - USB2
  2. PRT2 - USB2
  3. PRT3, PRT4 and PRT5 are disabled
OHC2
  1. PRT1 - USB2
  2. PRT2 - USB2
  3. PRT3 - USB2
  4. PRT4 - USB2
OHC4
  1. PRT1, PRT2, PRT3, PRT4, PRT5, PRT6, PRT7, PRT8 and PRT9 all disabled
  2. PR10, PR11, PR12, PR13 and PR14 all disabled
XHC0
  1. HS01 - USB3
  2. HS02 - USB3
  3. SS01 - USB3
  4. SS02 - USB3
The quote above shows your USBMap.kex was activating 10 USB ports.

Looking at the USB ports on your motherboard this is the correct number of ports for your system.

However, what is not correct is the motherboard USB2 header ports connector type.
  • Those are set as USB2 (0).
  • They should be set as Internal (255).
Your motherboard has 2 x USB2 header ports, which support a maximum of 4 USB2 ports.
  • From the above It think that means the 4 x ports served by the OHC2 controller are most likely to be the Internal header ports.
  • There are only 2 x physical USB2 ports which looks like they are served by OHC1.
  • The 2 x physical USB3 ports are served by XHC0.
I have edited your USBMap.kext to reflect the above thoughts, i.e. changed the OHC2 ports to Internal - 255.

Try using the kext attached below and see if it makes any difference.

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 2

pink101

AMD OS X Member
The quote above shows your USBMap.kex was activating 10 USB ports.

Looking at the USB ports on your motherboard this is the correct number of ports for your system.

However, what is not correct is the motherboard USB2 header ports connector type.
  • Those are set as USB2 (0).
  • They should be set as Internal (255).
Your motherboard has 2 x USB2 header ports, which support a maximum of 4 USB2 ports.
  • From the above It think that means the 4 x ports served by the OHC2 controller are most likely to be the Internal header ports.
  • There are only 2 x physical USB2 ports which looks like they are served by OHC1.
  • The 2 x physical USB3 ports are served by XHC0.
I have edited your USBMap.kext to reflect the above thoughts, i.e. changed the OHC2 ports to Internal - 255.

Try using the kext attached below and see if it makes any difference.
nope... still cannot detect USB2.0 port, only USB1.1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Ok, I'm at a loss as to what to suggest next.

Steen

AMD OS X Member
nope... still cannot detect USB2.0 port, only USB1.1
You do have USBToolBox.kekt in your Kext folder as well as the generated USBMap.kekt?

The generated file will have no effect without USBToolBox.kekt.

pink101

AMD OS X Member
You do have USBToolBox.kekt in your Kext folder as well as the generated USBMap.kekt?

The generated file will have no effect without USBToolBox.kekt.
yes, i have the USBToolBox.kext and i tried both enabling and disabling the kext in config.plist and it still didn't do any improvement to the USB speed. BTW i think USBToolBox work with UTBMap and not the USBMap, because UTBMap and USBMap come from different dev, and i think USBMap could work without USBToolBox.kext because it didn't have any reference in info.plist, on UTBMap however, there's a reference to USBToolBox inside the info.plist..

Steen

AMD OS X Member
yes, i have the USBToolBox.kext and i tried both enabling and disabling the kext in config.plist and it still didn't do any improvement to the USB speed. BTW i think USBToolBox work with UTBMap and not the USBMap, because UTBMap and USBMap come from different dev, and i think USBMap could work without USBToolBox.kext because it didn't have any reference in info.plist, on UTBMap however, there's a reference to USBToolBox inside the info.plist..
You are correct: I meant UTBMap.kext.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.