AQC107 on macOS 12.4

Henri_vv_

AMD OS X Member
Hey, does anyone got this working on an AMD system since 12.3 you have to enable VT-D but I doesn’t exist on AMD and there currently not I single solution I can find.
Hope someone can help cause I want to update an still be able to get my 10Gbps on my hackintosh.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hey, does anyone got this working on an AMD system since 12.3 you have to enable VT-D but I doesn’t exist on AMD and there currently not I single solution I can find.
Hope someone can help cause I want to update an still be able to get my 10Gbps on my hackintosh.
Hi there,

To answer your question under Intel systems, the latest findings is that AQC-107 can be enabled but not by using the ForceAquantiaEthernet as of the latest OC versions (8.0 onwards) as that only works for AQC-113 cards but with a recent AQC-107 v3 patch made by Mieze. I have detailed the settings for them here including the AQC kernel patch > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-aorus-xtreme-core-i5-10500-i9-10900k.317244/
It may work under your Ryzen.

However as AMD systems do not have VT-d functionality, it may therefore be dependent on its equivalent which I think is SVM Mode (for virtualisation) and SR-IOV Support.

italeffect

AMD OS X Member
Anyone try this on AMD? I'm having a hell of a time getting any ethernet to work under Monterey 12.4. Not my 10g 107 card, the built-in 2.5G Realtek or the 1G intel.

valmeida

AMD OS X Member
I have tried using Aquantia 107, a Fence T919 no good under Monterey or Ventura . They work fine under Big Sur. I have a USB 2.5 works great in Monterey but I can't not get to show up as built in in Monterey so my Apple service are not working can not log in to iCloud

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 9.24.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 9.24.23 PM.png
    461.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@valmeida are you enabling the Kernel > Quirks > ForceAquantiaEthernet entry in the OC config.plist?

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 23.00.08.png By default this entry is set to False/Disabled.

Do you have a copy of your PCIe Device information, which you can Export from Hackintool?

Have you tried adding the Device Path for your Aquantia Ethernet controller to the DeviceProperties > Add section of your OC config, along with the child entry - built-in > Data > <01>

It would look something like the screenshot below, but with a different Device Path entry.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 23.06.22.png

That is all I needed to do to get another/different Ethernet controller to be set as Built-in and for the Apple services to work.

You might want to just try enabling the ForceAquantiaEthernet entry first, as that might fix the issue on its own.

hvv_

AMD OS X Member
Is there an update on this? Or could someone look into it? Thanks
So I can update to MacOS Ventura?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I have tried using Aquantia 107, a Fence T919 no good under Monterey or Ventura . They work fine under Big Sur. I have a USB 2.5 works great in Monterey but I can't not get to show up as built in in Monterey so my Apple service are not working can not log in to iCloud

@valmeida,

Try this fix:

OC_Kernel.png

Is there an update on this? Or could someone look into it? Thanks
So I can update to MacOS Ventura?
What is your motherboard & system specs?

hvv_

AMD OS X Member
My system specs are:
AMD Ryzen 3900XT
Asus X570 Prime Pro
Asus XG-C100C

Current MacOS: Monterey 12.2.1

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
For me, enabling ForceAquantiaEthernet and disabling DisableIoMapper simply crashes my MacOS within seconds after booting.
After carefully going through other NGFF options (installing BCM wifi card), I might end up just rolling back to Big Sur, since that has the best compatibility.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Can you send both versions of the Aquantia kext? (Working one and borked one)

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Okay so if I leave the cable not connected the KP doesnt happen. But the moment I plug in… crashes within seconds

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.