App Crashes On Ryzen 3950x Mojave

ewestland

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

My build includes:
  1. Ryzen 3950x
  2. MSi MPG X570 Gaming Plus motherboard
  3. 64GB Corsair Vengence Pro DDR-3200 (2x32) Ram.
  4. Radeon RX 480 graphics card.
  5. Mojave 10.14.6 installed on its own Samsung 970 1TB NVMeM.2 SSD
  6. I used Opencore 5.8.
It boots fine and runs fast. Chrome, Office 365, iMessage and sleep work. However, I can't for the life of me get Camtasia 2020 to run without instantly crashing. Also, I have a copy of Adobe Master Collection CS6 (old, but works for me) that will not install. Double-clicking on the installer just drills down through the file structure. All of these worked fine on my Intel Hackintosh running Mojave.

I've attached some files that may be of use if someone can help. I posted my EFI folder and Mac System Report with some other stuff here. I'm a retired math/tech teacher, but with this, I may have bitten off more than I could chew. I'd be grateful if someone could at least verify if they could get Camtasia 2020 (free trial) running on their Ryzentosh. I feel if I can get that fixed, then maybe everything else will work.

Thanks,

Eric

Attachments

• Camtasia Crash Report.pdf
    272.2 KB · Views: 3
  • opencore-2020-06-11-170740.pdf
    92 KB · Views: 1

ewestland

AMD OS X Member
I am about ready to throw in the towel on this one and go back to Intel. Before I do, can anyone tell me if they can run Camtasia on their Ryzentosh?

Thanks,

Eric

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Like Adobe Camtasia probably uses Intel specific instructions not available on AMD. You'd have to patch the binaries to get them running, alternatively you can run MacOS virtualized with Proxmox or similar.

Deleted member 473

AMD OS X Member
I can confirm, TechSmith Cantasia is working well on my system (Proxmox/OSX)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I had a look and can't find a method to get it to run. There are working alternatives though.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.