Any issues with MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS boards

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Does anyone know of any issues with MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS and or Ryzen 7 5800x? Wanting to build another box using this hardware.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
MSI is not recommended if you want to use macOS Monterey. Many MSI 500 boards have a BIOS issue that prevents Monterey from booting. Only workaround is using Zen 2 and a very old BIOS.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yeah I remember there were people having issues with them, so thats why I thought to ask. Thank you. I am probably going to go with a Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2 and decided to treat myself with a 9 9500X. If anyone had issues with running this mobo with Montery please let me know.

whatdoi

AMD OS X Member
Yeah I remember there were people having issues with them, so thats why I thought to ask. Thank you. I am probably going to go with a Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2 and decided to treat myself with a 9 9500X. If anyone had issues with running this mobo with Montery please let me know.
I am just trying to do sth on this mobo :)

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
I am just trying to do sth on this mobo :)
Which mobo the b550 Gaming X V2? If so, I got it running with a ryzen 9 5900X... a couple issues still persist, BUT, I beleive it is ram and graphics card issues since I am running a RX 6600 and DDR4 4133. If you want let me know and I will post my efi

whatdoi

AMD OS X Member
Which mobo the b550 Gaming X V2? If so, I got it running with a ryzen 9 5900X... a couple issues still persist, BUT, I beleive it is ram and graphics card issues since I am running a RX 6600 and DDR4 4133. If you want let me know and I will post my efi
Yest mentioned one: "gigabyte b550 Gaming X V2" I have stucked on boot right now 🤦‍♂️ Trying to fix something and create my EFI, but without success right now. Can you share your EFI folder and Configuration? I have also legacy ATI Cart - Radeon 7850 - and trying to do that on BigSur for now.

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X

Last edited:

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yest mentioned one: "gigabyte b550 Gaming X V2" I have stucked on boot right now 🤦‍♂️ Trying to fix something and create my EFI, but without success right now. Can you share your EFI folder and Configuration? I have also legacy ATI Cart - Radeon 7850 - and trying to do that on BigSur for now.

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
OK, I edited the platform info to new numbers so you should be able to go with the EFI, I also changed the core count to 16 since you are runnning the 3950x. From what I am seeing you should be able to do a HD 7850 with Monterey. If you do get it to boot, dont forget to add your ROM number from your NICs MAC Address once done

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 17

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
On the mobo, update to bios F14 (could not get successful installer without it) then go to Disable CSM, Enable secure boot, amdtpm is enabled, make sure usb xhci handoff is enabled

slehc84

AMD OS X Member
Sorry for a stupid question or two . In a moment of genius I got rid of my X570 Master 3900x and have built a MSI x570 Ace with a 5950X 6800xt , all very nicely customed loop . Is it possible to run Big Sur on MSI , does it only affect Montery ?

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Sorry for a stupid question or two . In a moment of genius I got rid of my X570 Master 3900x and have built a MSI x570 Ace with a 5950X 6800xt , all very nicely customed loop . Is it possible to run Big Sur on MSI , does it only affect Montery ?
From my understanding it only effects Monterey. You should be able to go to Big Sur still

slehc84

AMD OS X Member
From my understanding it only effects Monterey. You should be able to go to Big Sur still
Many thanks for that , I only want to install Big sur , any things I should know , doesnt seem to be a lot of information about the x570 Ace ?

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Many thanks for that , I only want to install Big sur , any things I should know , doesnt seem to be a lot of information about the x570 Ace ?
It should load Big Sur with no issues. Just make sure to grab LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext and the itlwm.kext and corresponding bluetooth drivers for both your ethernet and intel wireless/bluetooth. If your old board used intel wifi, you can simply try that EFI with just making the Kernel Patch Changes since it looks like the hardware was similar.

slehc84

AMD OS X Member
It should load Big Sur with no issues. Just make sure to grab LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext and the itlwm.kext and corresponding bluetooth drivers for both your ethernet and intel wireless/bluetooth. If your old board used intel wifi, you can simply try that EFI with just making the Kernel Patch Changes since it looks like the hardware was similar.
OG thanks , will have go later in the week

Andrew Z

AMD OS X Member
has the MSI Bios issue been solved? my config as below

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.