AMD USB Port Mapping

jthunternz

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hey!
So I've been running my hackintosh for about a week now and I figured its about time to do my USB port mapping so I can get sleep working etc.
I've been following the Dortania guide but my IORegistryExplorer looks nothing like anyone elses and I cant get it to change when plugging devices in.

Any advice??

Heres my IORegistry
Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 10.03.21 PM.png

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
USB port mapping isn't necessarily a panacea for getting sleep to work. From what I can gather, sleep functionality is hit or miss on AMD even if your USB ports are mapped. Nevertheless it might work...

Technolli, a youtuber, has an easy to follow USB port mapping tutorial. Just ignore the part about installing USBinjectall.kext because it doesn't work on AMD.

jthunternz

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
USB port mapping isn't necessarily a panacea for getting sleep to work. From what I can gather, sleep functionality is hit or miss on AMD even if your USB ports are mapped. Nevertheless it might work...

Technolli, a youtuber, has an easy to follow USB port mapping tutorial. Just ignore the part about installing USBinjectall.kext because it doesn't work on AMD.
Thanks man! - yeah thats exactly what I understand about sleep functionality also, but if I get USB ports mapped and a few other things done I can be sure that they're not preventing sleep.
Cheers

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
I used Hackintool to check my USB ports. I had similar issues with IORegistry. Good Luck.

rajovo

AMD OS X Member
Has anyone got sleep working on Asus X570-p mobo? All my USB ports work perfectly at correct speeds without any USB mapping and I have no other issues, so I just don't want to do all that obtuse work if it's not guaranteed to work. Thanks!

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yeah, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I recently mapped my USB ports yet sleep still doesn't work. (Well sleep is fine, it's the waking up that is the problem) :cool:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yeah, it won't come back on. I'll give that fix a try, cheers!

MartinW

AMD OS X Member
Well sleep is fine, it's the waking up that is the problem

You're doing one better than me - I can't even get sleep to work. And that's with port mapping. I know my motherboard has some funky ITE device which is beleived to be related to RGB lighting (which I couldn't care less about) so maybe that's preventing sleep?

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
For what it's worth, the HibernationFixup didn't work for me. I've also mapped ports and have that ITE device (never realised it might be for the RGB :unsure:). When I'm feeling up to it I might map that out and see if that does anything.

Potato007

AMD OS X Member
For what it's worth, the HibernationFixup didn't work for me. I've also mapped ports and have that ITE device (never realised it might be for the RGB :unsure:). When I'm feeling up to it I might map that out and see if that does anything.

although I already made an edit suggestion to OpenCore Post-Install guide on dortania, it seams like it's slow on updating... so I'm posting my discovery here to. It might not help all of you suffering from inability to sleep, but a typical sign of who can benefit from this fix are those who can't restart / shutdown at all - and it seams like owners of B550 board are those.

so, to make it quick:

- do a proper manual - and I can't empasise enough the importance of this word: MANUAL... USB mapping by following the guide - it's an essential step.
when you are done with it, make sure you DON'T create a port mapping for the RGB Controller as that's what prevents macOS to perform a proper sleep/restart/shutdown

- go over every FIX you find in OpenCore Post-Install

Last edited:

cojarbi

AMD OS X Member
although I already made an edit suggestion to OpenCore Post-Install guide on dortania, it seams like it's slow on updating... so I'm posting my discovery here to. It might not help all of you suffering from inability to sleep, but a typical sign of who can benefit from this fix are those who can't restart / shutdown at all - and it seams like owners of B550 board are those.

so, to make it quick:

- do a proper manual - and I can't empasise enough the importance of this word: MANUAL... USB mapping by following the guide - it's an essential step.
when you are done with it, make sure you DON'T create a port mapping for the RGB Controller as that's what prevents macOS to perform a proper sleep/restart/shutdown

- go over every FIX you find in OpenCore Post-Install
Hi there, im trying to solve this but the guide IOregistry is not showing a change of state as shown. Furthermore can you please indicate if you looked for XHC / PTXH or something else?

Thanks

taiyuan

AMD OS X Member
My USB is also in a mess, I can't understand it. And it doesn't show up at all in hackintool.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.