AMD Hackintosh Pro Tools Support

ncarcagno

Aug 29, 2020
Hello everyone, im new on this site so please let me know if there is something about the post that i'm doing wrong. My idea of this post is to be a place where we can talk about our experiencies with Pro Tools and AMD hackintoshes just to try to figure out if there is any solution to the crashes. In my experience im running Mojave with AMD FX 8320 and i tested the last version of Pro Tools to the time (2020.9) and without luck, it just don't start..I hope we can find a solution together !

Last edited by a moderator:

ncarcagno

Aug 29, 2020
Share any crash logs then we can see if there is anything we can do.
Thanks for answering Shanee, and sorry for my delay i was far from my system for a while... I attach the report that Pro Tools made after trying to start it, the app icon start bouncing for a while, then it keeps quiet and not responding, so i have to force quit and that is the only report i can have.System.png

Attachments

Last edited:

RyzeCooker

May 3, 2020
Just as a rule of thumb it's a good idea to blur or mask out your serial number in screen shots. Nothing bad will happen per se but someone could see it, see it works and reuse it and then you would run into potential issues down the line.

ncarcagno

Aug 29, 2020
Just as a rule of thumb it's a good idea to blur or mask out your serial number in screen shots. Nothing bad will happen per se but someone could see it, see it works and reuse it and then you would run into potential issues down the line.
Thanks !! Your're right ! I just edited it, thank you for the advice

Reactions: RyzeCooker

Shaneee

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2020
Scotland
amd-osx.com
Hmm can you try this. Open a Terminal window and paste in this to launch Pro Tools,

Code:
MKL_DEBUG_CPU_TYPE=5 /Applications/Pro\ Tools.app/Contents/MacOS/Pro\ Tools

Reactions: ncarcagno

ncarcagno

Aug 29, 2020
Hmm can you try this. Open a Terminal window and paste in this to launch Pro Tools,

Code:
Pro tools behaves in the same way and terminal shows this

Code:
AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer
Sys_MachExceptionHandlerGlue.cpp catch_exception_raise::1
:confused:

Shaneee

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2020
Scotland
amd-osx.com
I downloaded the trial but was unsuccessful in getting it to run. It seems to be an Intel only application. It's possible that in the future with ARM Macs Intel only code will be removed but no one really knows.

ncarcagno

Aug 29, 2020
I downloaded the trial but was unsuccessful in getting it to run. It seems to be an Intel only application. It's possible that in the future with ARM Macs Intel only code will be removed but no one really knows.
Ohh that's a very sad new :cry: I made this system just to use it in my post production studio, i never realized of this problem.
Anyway thank you very very much for taking the time to check this ! You are great Shanee ! If you hear of any fix some time please remember of this post haha (i will keep an eye on this topic too). I will keep my hackitnosh and install windows in a new SSD just to run Pro Tools, all the others applications run great !
Big Thanks Shanee !

Reactions: Shaneee