ghostsn

AMD OS X Member
AMD 760k Which version of MACOS can be installed at the highest, please recommend, ask for guidance. thanks!!!

X4 760K Quad Core
FM2-A85XA-G43 (MS-7793)(AMD K15)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
GeneralPlus USB Audio Device
RTL8168/8111/8112 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

ghostsn

AMD OS X Member

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You might want to look at this EFI I created for an FX system, as it uses the 15H setup too.

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I also helped a guy get an 880K running Big Sur last week. Here is the EFI we created for him, I did change the platform info to numbers you can use. Between this and Edhawks EFI maybe you can get it running. If you post your motherboard information and network cards, ect we might be able to further help you. As Edhawk noted, the video card is something that needs to be on the compatible list. So would need your video card model as well.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 18

ghostsn

AMD OS X Member
I also helped a guy get an 880K running Big Sur last week. Here is the EFI we created for him, I did change the platform info to numbers you can use. Between this and Edhawks EFI maybe you can get it running. If you post your motherboard information and network cards, ect we might be able to further help you. As Edhawk noted, the video card is something that needs to be on the compatible list. So would need your video card model as well.
Thank you very much, I sent you these days!!!

ghostsn

AMD OS X Member
You might want to look at this EFI I created for an FX system, as it uses the 15H setup too.

Thank you very much, I will go to study

ghostsn

AMD OS X Member
Hi, this is my computer configuration. Thanks

X4 760K Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GT 710

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi, this is my computer configuration. Thanks

X4 760K Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
I made some changes to accomodate the NVIDIA GT 710. Please note that the only GT 710's that will work with Mac OS are the GK208 versions. You will need to google your actual GT 710 model and see which core it uses. If it is the GK208, it should work with the EFI I am posting with this post. I modified the EFI here to add the NVIDIA boot flag and to allow verbose logging. You will only be able to run Big Sur, so you will need to make an installer for Big Sur.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 9

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If the GT 710 uses the GK208 chip then it doesn't need any Nvidia boot flags.

It will work with the Drivers provided by Apple in macOS up to and including Big Sur 11.6.8, with a Kepler series Nvidia card.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member

It will work with the Drivers provided by Apple in macOS up to and including Big Sur 11.6.8, with a Kepler series Nvidia card.
Noted and corrected... Thank you

ghostsn

AMD OS X Member
I made some changes to accomodate the NVIDIA GT 710. Please note that the only GT 710's that will work with Mac OS are the GK208 versions. You will need to google your actual GT 710 model and see which core it uses. If it is the GK208, it should work with the EFI I am posting with this post. I modified the EFI here to add the NVIDIA boot flag and to allow verbose logging. You will only be able to run Big Sur, so you will need to make an installer for Big Sur.
Thank you very much, I will try, thanks again

ghostsn

AMD OS X Member

Also thanks

ghostsn

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I still can't guide correctly, can you help me?

Attachments

• opencore-2022-08-13-132644.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220813214906.jpg
    20220813214906.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 4

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The error message you are seeing is the 'Still waiting for Root Device', which relates to the USB port you are using not transferring over from the Bios to the OS when they do their handoff.

You should try using a different USB port, preferably a USB2 port.

This is not an uncommon error. See this link from the OpenCore troubleshooting guide:

# "Waiting for Root Device" or Prohibited Sign error

ghostsn

AMD OS X Member
The error message you are seeing is the 'Still waiting for Root Device', which relates to the USB port you are using not transferring over from the Bios to the OS when they do their handoff.

You should try using a different USB port, preferably a USB2 port.

This is not an uncommon error. See this link from the OpenCore troubleshooting guide:

# "Waiting for Root Device" or Prohibited Sign error
Mmmm I switched to USB2.0 and the installation has been completed. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.