runs flawless.

What has not been tested:
USB 3.2
Micro in

Read here about the needed steps.

Last edited:

vk2emp

AMD OS X Member
Thanks to your files (the ACPI ones) along with Hackintool (to remove some redundant ports), I got sleep to work. I used your SSDT-XHC-Full.aml file to get the ports renamed, along with your SSDT-EC-Custom.aml, then I rebooted. After that, I fired up hackintool, and removed the Mystic Light, and the rogue usb 2.0 hub that shows up (no its not the bluetooth as I swapped the mini pci card out from the AW200 intel thingy for a broadcom one. I assume its the lights on my AIO). I then copied ONLY the usbports.kext to my kexts folder, updated my config plist, and then rebooted.

After about the 24th crash today trying to get sleep working, I crossed my fingers, clicked the apple on the menu bar and then sleep.

It worked!!

The AMDProcessorPowerManagement.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext have sleep issues. You can either have sleep or those kexts. I chose sleep, as it way faster (even with an NVME) to wake the computer and have it unlock with my watch, than waiting for it to start from a cold boot.

My board is the MSI X570 ACE, which is practically identical to the Unify, it just has pretty lights. I turned them off. Why did I get this one? because my local stockist didn't have the unify, which was my first pick.

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Great guide. Do you experience any mouse lad issues with the rx5700xt?

barrrrt

AMD OS X Member
Hello.
You mean the SMCAMDProcessor.kext, correct? Did you plug any device on your USB ports and sleep is working? Cool.. Ill give it a try.

And no mouse issues here.
Update: Sleep isn't working with my USB devices plugged. No difference if SMCAMDProcessor.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext are used or not.
I have Logitech devices with the "usb dongle/receiver". I guess that one (of maybe many other) reason(s) that prevents device from sleep correctly.
1592985277042.png

Last edited:

vk2emp

AMD OS X Member
I have NO devices plugged in, I have a genuine apple wireless keyboard with keypad and the magic trackpad 2. I tried sleep by plugging in my monitors usb hub, and sleep fails.

So I leave it unplugged. There are 2 ports on the front of my case which is enough and if I need more, I borrow the usb C to 5 usb A port dongle from my macbook.

kkakkaa

AMD OS X Member
have you upgrade to Monterey? ;) share if you successed

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.