AMD 3700X X570 | Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RX5600XT

tkl2001

AMD OS X Member
Hi everybody!

Am a first time Hackintosher and managed to successfully bring up my first desktop! Posting my setup as I don't see many Aorus Pro Wifi setups. So far, been a relatively smooth experience following the Dortania guides for Opencore bootloader. Initially, set up on OC 0.5.9 but have seen upgraded to OC 0.6.0 with no issues.

So onto my setup:
  • AMD Ryzen 6 3700X, 32GB GSkill RAM
  • Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi motherboard
  • Gigabyte AMD Radeon 5600XT
  • Gigabyte 500GB NVMe PCI4.0 (Windows Pro)
  • ADATA 500G NVMe PCI3.0 (Mac OS 10.15.6)
  • Fenvi FV-T919 wireless adapter for BT/Wifi (although I don't use the Wifi)
  • LG 5K ultrawide monitor using DP1.4 HDR

OS/Opencore/SMBIOS:
  • macOS Catalina (10.15.6)
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Opencore (0.6.0)
  • F21 firmware on Aorus Pro Wifi
  • MacPro7,1 (was using iMacPro1,1 for a while but just switched. So far no difference)

Works:
  • Apple services - facetime, appstore, airplay, etc..
  • Display - 5K ultrawide with HDR
  • Ethernet / Wifi (tested both the Broadcom and the Intel using itlwmx)
  • Bluetooth (tested both the Fenvi Broadcom and the Intel bluetooth using. However broadcom is more stable)
  • All USB ports working with correct mappings (as far I know)

Doesn't work:
  • Sleep !! (having been trying to get this work for the longest time!)
  • On-board Audio (haven't actually tested as I use USB audio and bluetooth)

Kexts used:
  • Standard OC kexts (AppleALC, Lilu, WEG, Virtual SMC)
  • SmallTreeIntel82576
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement, SMCAMDProcessor
  • AirportBrcmFixup (better stability with wifi)
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector
  • BrcmFirmwareData
  • BrcmPatchRAM3
  • BT4LEContinuityFixup (needed for Airplay with the Fenvi card)
  • MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler
  • NVMeFix
  • USBPorts (from Hackintool)

Drivers:
  • HFSPlus.efi
  • OpenCanopy.efi
  • OpenRuntime.efi

ACPI:
  • SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD
  • SSDT-GP13.XHC0-to-XHC2
  • SSDT-XHC1-to-XHCI
  • SSDT-NVME
  • SSDT-HPET
  • SSDT-PLUG

BIOS settings:
  • Above 4G Decoding disabled (it does work with 4G enabled and npci=0x2000 removed, but the system was more stable on reboots without this)
  • CSM support disabled
  • Boot-arg : -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 npci=0x2000 alcid=1 agdpmod=pikera darkwake=0

Overall, so far, very stable...haven't had a single Panic...However, my biggest bug-bear is not getting Sleep to work!! I would like to keep the machine on 24/7 and have the machine shutdown down with the fans stopped when not in use. Each time sleep is attempted, screen goes blank, ethernet ports, USB ports are shut off, but the fans and CPUs doesn't sleep. After which only a hard reset can reboot the system and you get a crash report stating the 180 seconds time-out probably due to USB.

Have tried most everything recommended I could find on the net, including removing all the USB devices from the ports. Have tried systematically disabling each USB controller via firmware (BIOS allows this from version F20 upwards). But unfortunately, the bluetooth or keyboard/mouse must be connected in order to access the system. I actually accidentally disabled ALL the USB controllers simultaneous and could boot the system, but couldn't access BIOS settings, since keyboard and mouse doesn't work! and there is no PS/2 ports. So couldn't fully test the theory that USB controllers was preventing sleep.

Anyway, would appreciate if anyone has any ideas or have got a similar setup to sleep correctly with the same motherboard!

Regards

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
What are your sleep issues exactly?

I found that the latest BIOS update with AGESA v2 broke sleep on my board (display goes off but system keeps running).
As far as I know the F2x BIOS of Gigabyte also have the new AGESA v2.

tkl2001

AMD OS X Member
What are your sleep issues exactly?

I found that the latest BIOS update with AGESA v2 broke sleep on my board (display goes off but system keeps running).
As far as I know the F2x BIOS of Gigabyte also have the new AGESA v2.

It's as you say...display goes off, the ethernet ports shut off, but the fans and power light is still on...at this stage, nothing will wake up the machine and you need a hard rest to reboot.

I've tried using various firmware versions like include F3, F11, F12 prior to F2x....but still the symptoms are the same. So I'm wonder if anyone has actually successfully slept a X570 Aorus Pro Wifi board and I re-create that combination.

tkl2001

AMD OS X Member
Here's my EFI folder minus the Resources files.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 68

rx3700

AMD OS X Member
Been checking the boards for anyone figuring out sleep on x570 boards (got the same as you), but no luck so far. AFAIK there has been some success on other x570 boards with disabling/remapping usb-ports and controllers and not having any usb-hardware plugged into the system, but its not an option for me.

tkl2001

AMD OS X Member
Been checking the boards for anyone figuring out sleep on x570 boards (got the same as you), but no luck so far. AFAIK there has been some success on other x570 boards with disabling/remapping usb-ports and controllers and not having any usb-hardware plugged into the system, but its not an option for me.

Yeah, I'm convinced it's got nothing to do with the USB maps per-se but some ACPI or BIOS configurations regarding the onboard Matisse controllers or some implementations with Gigabyte specifically. Seems the X570s work with ASrock or MSI...should have gone for one of those..

OS.Ryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
tkl2001 congratulations with your Ryzentosh.

I hope someone can help me :). I downloaded your EFI folder and try it on my system, but the installer keeps on crashing.
''The macOS installation couldn't be completed.'' Please see the installer log.

BIOS version: F20

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
MOB: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE
GPU: MSI AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT.
RAM: G.Skill 4x 8GB 2133MHz
SSD: Force MP600
SSD: Force MP600
SSD: Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

Attachments

• opencore-2020-08-27-204247.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
  • Installer Log 27-Aug-2020.txt
    129.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

rx3700

AMD OS X Member

tkl2001

AMD OS X Member
@rx3700, I thought it could also be possible with the same series. But you are so right. Thank you.

Here's my latest OC 0.6.1 build developmental build. Works very well with Catalina and Big Sure latest beta..system even sleeps with Big Sur now!

Make sure you BIOS is config for 4G Decoding False. If you get stuck on the installers, I'm not expert but might be probably the graphics card...try various debug settings.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 45

Anthrix

AMD OS X Member
So i have mine running fine with f12e bios no issue but if i update to F20 after selecting boot just crashing. Did you had to do anything with config? to get running with f20?

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 7

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

saadman

AMD OS X Member
Can anybody help me out ?
I tried installing High Seirra on my pc
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Nvidia 1070ti 8gb
msi mortar max b450m
32 GB ram

I installed a version 17d47 which doesnt recognize my cpu. But i successfully installed web driver for 1070ti. But my on board Audio is not working and i can only use single monitor. my other monitor is not working.

Fooose

AMD OS X Member
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.