Again, blackscreen!

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
Black screen randomly, login not appear, PC is working, I can access through SSH.
Ryzentosh AMD 5900x, AsRock x570 Taichi, AMD Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 XT

After login, when I can get there, all is working good.

agdpmod=pikera added, but not resolve.

Trying with gfxrst=1, gfxrst=4, igfxonln=1 without success.

I read disable serial port can resolve, but ... I don't have this option in my BIOS

I wrote in Acidanthera bugtracker, but my ticket was close because they don't support AMD CPU.

Here my debug EFI with OC and Lilu log.
OC is 0.65, but the problem is identical with 0.64

EFI Debug blackscreen

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@baronerosso Have you tried going into the bios and setting your PCIe to Gen3?
Also one other thing you could try is instead of having Above 4g enabled have it set to disabled and use the boot argument npci=0x2000 in your config.plist instead or vice versa?

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
Noway.
PCIe set to AUTO or Gen3, no differences.
Idem Above 4g.

The problem, now, is I have always black screen, I'm writing from windows now, I have black screen booting with OP on USB

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
I install again Big Sur above the old installation, the move of despair!
At this moment 1 blackscreen and 1 success.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
Did you try connecting your display to different ports?

And set XhciPortLimit to false, you don't need that on AMD.

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
OK, maybe I resolve ... maybe!!

I add Radeon in DeviceProperties and set
ResetLogoStatus to false

I want test all today with lots of reboot before celebrate!!

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
OK, it seems that everything is working fine now, so I'm writing you what I did for the benefit of those who have similar problems.
Premise, the suspicion was that by itself, MacOS could not always identify the video card; System Report-> Hardware-> PCI was always empty.

The idea was to indicate the device to MacOS, acting in DeviceProperties, and things also change in system report.

resoconto.jpg

I start using Hackintool -> PCIe, list by Device Name and take a screenshot related to Navi, then click on Export and open it with ProperTree; keep only the entries regarding Navi (4 entries in my case) deleting other voices.

Add device-id (Data) and vendor-id (Data) to each entry with the data detected by Hackintool, copy devices in your config.plist DeviceProperties Add

prop.jpg

Reboot and … no black screen and faster startup procedure.

Attachments

• config.plist
    53.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
If it happens again then try disabling the whatevergreen.Kext from the kernel and remove any WEG related boot arguments with it.

@baronerosso If you don't want to disable weg then you could also try changing agdpmod=pikera to agdpmod=ignore instead. (this works better for me with my Sapphire Reference 5700 XT but I'm using SMBIOS 7.1)

Last edited:
Top Bottom