mscarpentier

AMD OS X Member
Hi! I am trying to build a Hackintosh with the following specs:
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi)
- Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse Lite OC 8Gb
- G.Skill Ripjaws V32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1Tb

I have been working on this for days and I can't get past the boot screen. When I try to install Catalina with OpenCore 0.5.9 I get errors like the following:
ACPI Error: [_DSM] Namespace Lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS ...
ACPI Error: [\SB.PCI0.GPP8.VGA_] Namespace Lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND ...
(More detail in the screenshoot)

I've been trying to resolve the problem in many ways, and lately I tried compiling some SSDTs but I don't know the language, so if the solution is to do so, I'm doing it wrong. I tried an EFI I found online on a really similar setup, but the problem remains. Can anybody point me out in the right direction? I'm running out of ideas...

Thank you!

Attachments

• signal-2020-07-08-001835.jpeg
    signal-2020-07-08-001835.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
This is a known issue with B550 boards and some people are currently looking into it.

mscarpentier

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for that! That's unlucky, I bought this one specifically for this purpose. I couldn't find any reported problem around this motherboard. Is there an open bug in Github? Or anything I can follow to see how the issue is progressing?

blackduck08

AMD OS X Member
I am having similar problem with the Gigabyte B550i Motherboard. Catalina doesn't want to load the Installer. Meanwhile, can you post your EFI? Do we need to wait until the next OpenCore version?

Potato007

AMD OS X Member
Hi, if any of you planning on buying an Asrock B550M-ITX/ac motherboard, better choose another one as you will face the same ACPI error, and the installer will not start. A preinstalled Catalina will also not work.

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Potato007

AMD OS X Member
unfortunately not all B550 boards work, seams like the SSDT-CPUR.aml is not a universal fix

mscarpentier

AMD OS X Member
People said it's fixed but I didn't try again. I will probably give this another try on the xmas break at work.

kmirai

AMD OS X Member
I am thinking some BIOS is not compatible. My Asrock B550 ITX p-gaming will only work with my BIOS 1.20

mscarpentier

AMD OS X Member
This is a known issue with B550 boards and some people are currently looking into it.
Are you aware of the status of that fix? I tried this 2 years ago, do you think I should give this another try in 2022?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.