Adobe 2020 apps no working.

racerblur

AMD OS X Member
Am I missing something in my install, because I have seen all these mods and hacks like disabling the Mmx or deleting raw support to get adobe products to function, but then I saw some other ryzen users claim that this doesn’t need to be done. I just spent a hour installing all my adobe apps and photoshop seems the only one stable... is something wrong with build? Or that actual runs.... I’m running a asrock x570m pro, 2700x, 5700xt with 32gb of ram. OpenCore 5.7 Catalina .15.4....

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I only got Photoshop 2020 to work. Thankfully it's the only one I need (well, InCopy would be nice) but it's reeeeally hit and miss it seems. I have not found any magic spells that work for all apps either.

JohnSluder

AMD OS X Member
Does ALL the feature of PS 2020 work I found a many features do not work, either get a hard app crash or a beach ball of death

Example 1)
open file and add a curve adjustment layer, use the AUTO feature I get a Beach ball of death

Example 2)
Open a file select the "Liquify" option, hard app crash, same with turn off Open CL/GPU?

These are shop stoppers for me????

racerblur

AMD OS X Member
I want to get all the apps working without disabling MMX or Camera RAW. Anyhow a youtube claims she's got it all running. Here in her video --

Maybe the x3970 is special? I'm not sure, but my 2700x has issues all over the place when it comes to Adobe 2020. Unfortunately I need to install a big windows hard drive on my hackintosh build so I can run ALL of the adobe apps without compromising camera raw or MMX.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
I want to get all the apps working without disabling MMX or Camera RAW. Anyhow a youtube claims she's got it all running. Here in her video --

Maybe the x3970 is special? I'm not sure, but my 2700x has issues all over the place when it comes to Adobe 2020. Unfortunately I need to install a big windows hard drive on my hackintosh build so I can run ALL of the adobe apps without compromising camera raw or MMX.

Either she is full of it, or there is indeed something special with Threadripper. It is odd that disabling MMX is a workaround as the Zen platform has MMX(+) support so a part of me says it's the former.

nyichiban

AMD OS X Member
Either she is full of it, or there is indeed something special with Threadripper. It is odd that disabling MMX is a workaround as the Zen platform has MMX(+) support so a part of me says it's the former.
If you ask her she will tell you that your installed it the wrong way. From what others have said on Reddit and I also started a thread it's more of a scam. She uses information found here on this forum along with others and reddit and incorporates them into her support services. Apparently she claimed one user on reddit CorpNewt or NewtCorp was one of her users but it seems more like CorpNewt or NewtCorp knows his stuff and probably taught her. Either ways she doesn't show you how it's actually done just saying it works and others are installing it wrong.

link to Adobe fixes: https://gist.github.com/XLNCs/86d7a391e46f85a04d28db171656b458

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
In that video she doesn't even mention how she did it, just demonstrates it works for her. The perl tweaks from the link above worked for Photoshop 2020, but I can't get anything else to work at the moment.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
She uses a QEMU/Proxmox environment to run macOS on AMD. So essentially the system thinks it on an Intel platform. Depending on what Adobe apps you've tried there are patches for some but not all of them.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Wouldn't that incur quite a performance hit? Well, maybe not on a Threadripper beast :)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Depends on your setup yes.

racerblur

AMD OS X Member
Oh so she's using a "virtual" install? I've used QEMU before and it wasn't the fastest thing in the world, but I never tried Proxmox, I would think it would not be much better as it's technically emulation, but even it's is virtual, there's a performance (sizable) loss and I didn't want to deal with that or I might as well have built another intel hack to get my adobe fix. The patches for adobe are hit or miss. I realize there's some instances that make these patches not a solution, but just a way to get things working and running. I personally feel that it is not worth the hassle and/or limitations. I already installed everything on a Windows hard drive and that although I was hoping to avoid that, but I guess if I want a well performing and full functional adobe apps it's all I can do. Trust me I am very frustrated.

JohnSluder

AMD OS X Member
Oh so she's using a "virtual" install? I've used QEMU before and it wasn't the fastest thing in the world, but I never tried Proxmox, I would think it would not be much better as it's technically emulation, but even it's is virtual, there's a performance (sizable) loss and I didn't want to deal with that or I might as well have built another intel hack to get my adobe fix. The patches for adobe are hit or miss. I realize there's some instances that make these patches not a solution, but just a way to get things working and running. I personally feel that it is not worth the hassle and/or limitations. I already installed everything on a Windows hard drive and that although I was hoping to avoid that, but I guess if I want a well performing and full functional adobe apps it's all I can do. Trust me I am very frustrated.

I think I am in that boat, I have 10K+ images I need to process and using the auto curves is in the work flow....

Yu32

AMD OS X Member
Does ALL the feature of PS 2020 work I found a many features do not work, either get a hard app crash or a beach ball of death

Example 1)
open file and add a curve adjustment layer, use the AUTO feature I get a Beach ball of death

Example 2)
Open a file select the "Liquify" option, hard app crash, same with turn off Open CL/GPU?

These are shop stoppers for me????

If you run photoshop from the terminal with this command these functions should work.

MKL_DEBUG_CPU_TYPE=5 /Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2020/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2020.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2020

racerblur

AMD OS X Member
tried these no go with the 3800x??? Basic PS stiff work and advance feature hang or crash?

There's too many issues running OS X with the latest version of the Adobe creative suite. It's not worth it. It's sometimes works, and sometimes crashes. Sometimes launches and sometimes it doesn't. Like is said before, if you don't try KVM with emulation, you'll get more mileage installing Windows. So research the "easiest" solutions using VMs, and without installing Linux, VMware nor Virtual Box support GPU for Mac VMs. So, basically if you want go the route Promox/qemu route now you need to install Linux, and it's not easy to get everything working right if you choose to go down the VM route, but this is what my research have yielded -- https://forums.unraid.net/topic/84430-hackintosh-tips-to-make-a-bare-metal-macos/ -- https://www.nicksherlock.com/2020/04/installing-macos-catalina-on-proxmox-with-opencore/ and/or https://www.nicksherlock.com/2019/10/installing-macos-catalina-10-15-on-proxmox-6/ and/or https://www.nicksherlock.com/2018/06/installing-macos-mojave-on-proxmox/ the reason so many links is that their pieces to the puzzle that you might figure out by reading everything... it's a lot "hacking" or prep and post work. It makes just opencore install a walk in the park.

JohnSluder

AMD OS X Member
If you run photoshop from the terminal with this command these functions should work.

MKL_DEBUG_CPU_TYPE=5 /Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2020/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2020.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2020

YOU ARE THE MAN, I so owe you a few beverage of your choosing!!!!!

so far all the little bug/crashes go away!!!!!!

Yu32

AMD OS X Member
YOU ARE THE MAN, I so owe you a few beverage of your choosing!!!!!

so far all the little bug/crashes go away!!!!!!

Awesome! I was worried also that I built a screaming fast 16-core Mac that beats $12,000 Mac Pros and I couldn’t do subject select and liquify in PS - so this one saved me too.

if only I can get camera tracking to work on after effects I’ll be happy - I haven’t tried the same trick in AE yet.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.