Acer Nitro 5 - AMD Version (AN515-43-xxxx)

brunohao

AMD OS X Member
Hello!

Anyone with sucess experience using Acer Nitro 5 AMD Version (AN515-43-xxxx) ?

I buy a second NVME only to work with MacOS..

Setup:

128 Gb NVME - MAC
512 Gb NVME - Windows
1 Tb HD - Data..

I´ll try install today.. finger crossed! 🤞🤞🤞

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It may be possible with the dedicated RX 560X if that's what is in your model. You'll need to spoof the device ID most likely to 0x67FF.

brunohao

AMD OS X Member
It may be possible with the dedicated RX 560X if that's what is in your model. You'll need to spoof the device ID most likely to 0x67FF.
This model uses Vega 10 GPU.. and have a 1650 GTX.. but.. i know that can´t work with any version. Vega 10 is fully compatible.. At this time only blank screen and hangs.. Kernel patched, and all specs that i use are amd recommended!

Keep going on.

Laptop Specs:

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43-R4C3
AMD Ryzen 7 3750H - GPU Vega 10
24 Gb DDR4 2666MHz

Disks:
1 Tb HDD SATA
128 Gb M2 SATA (* Selected to install macOS).
512 Gb M2 NVME

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Then I’m afraid it won’t work. The integrated vega iGPU isn’t supported on macOS.

brunohao

AMD OS X Member
Oh god.. so.. the best way is running virtualized.. and wait for any kext or patches to support in future..

Many thanks Sheneee!

Regards!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Even in a VM the performance won't be great I'm afraid. There are people working on getting it working but no luck so far last I checked.

vovzilla3d

AMD OS X Member
Проверьте это, ребята

Attachments

• IMG20210207120506.jpg
    IMG20210207120506.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG20210207120620.jpg
    IMG20210207120620.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 42
  • Pic-1.jpg
    Pic-1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 43

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Even in a VM the performance won't be great I'm afraid. There are people working on getting it working but no luck so far last I checked.

Oh god.. so.. the best way is running virtualized.. and wait for any kext or patches to support in future..

Many thanks Sheneee!

Regards!

Have you all heard of the AGPM Injector by Pavo? He has an app that allows you to build the necessary kexts to power the AMD card. You may need to create this and install it in the ACPI section > https://github.com/Pavo-IM/AGPMInjector

I've actually successfully installed macOS both on a Acer Nitro 5 (Intel + Nvidia GTX1050) and the AMD APU based Atari VCS (which has Ryzen chip using Vega graphics). You'll likely have to use iMac19,1 as the setting on your system and disable the Nvidia dGPU using this guide. >
I enclose a copy of my Atari VCS' EFI folder you can try (which uses Vega iGPU), which is Big Sur 11.3 compatible.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15 MB · Views: 46

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Just thought to mention, we are currently working on getting the AMD iGPU working in macOS. Me and Gigamaxx plus a few others are working on it at the moment.
To enable your AMD iGPU you may have to use a number of patches to get around this. IGFX to GFX0 patch springs to mind, plus a SSDT edit outlining your IGPU path and an AGPMInjector kext for the AMD. Also must disable the Nvidia.

billabongbruno

AMD OS X Member
@vovzilla3d , great work.
Wonderful Big Sur running on your Nitro.
My wife has the exact same model as you and I have been trying to get it to work, but have been unsucessful.
Do you think that you can share your working EFI folder, please?

Best regards,
Bruno.

=====================================================================================================

@vovzilla3d, отличная работа.
Замечательный Биг-Сур, работающий на вашем Nitro.
У моей жены точно такая же модель, как у нас с вами, и мы пытались заставить ее работать, но безуспешно.
Как вы думаете, вы можете поделиться своей рабочей папкой EFI, пожалуйста?

С наилучшими пожеланиями,
Бруно.

gustavoweb

AMD OS X Member
Hello!

Anyone with sucess experience using Acer Nitro 5 AMD Version (AN515-43-xxxx) ?

I buy a second NVME only to work with MacOS..

Setup:

128 Gb NVME - MAC
512 Gb NVME - Windows
1 Tb HD - Data..

I´ll try install today.. finger crossed! 🤞🤞🤞
You got it? which ISO did you use? did you follow any tutorials? I have a similar model with Ryzen 5 3550H and GTX 1650, can I?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.