3950x - Big Sur 11.1 - OC 0.6.5 - Gigabyte Aorus Master X570

xoa

AMD OS X Member
FENVI's Bluetooth and WLAN works for me out of the box with this EFI, even with a X570 Aorus Elite.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Well stuck the v2 of the Titan ridge in my X570 Master. The monitor works, the sound works, but the strange thing is in Thunderbolt on system information It says no drivers loaded, will have to dig further on this problem
hi glad to see that. What's audio interface ?

slehc84

AMD OS X Member
hi glad to see that. What's audio interface ?
I have ordered a Belkin pro TB3 dock, lets see what it does with that rather than just a monitor

ThibautFlt

AMD OS X Member
Nice work !

I just wonder, why don't you use the onboard wifi/bluetooth ? Btw, everybody seems to use other BT/wifi card like fenvi or other, why ?

Using this kext : https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware, my onboard BT (i have same aorus master x570) works. There is some issues i need to fix, but i'm not sure it is related to the onboard BT.

olbo

AMD OS X Member
Nice work !

I just wonder, why don't you use the onboard wifi/bluetooth ? Btw, everybody seems to use other BT/wifi card like fenvi or other, why ?

Using this kext : https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware, my onboard BT (i have same aorus master x570) works. There is some issues i need to fix, but i'm not sure it is related to the onboard BT.
A few reasons to note:
  • those kexts are new and were not available at the time of building this machine
  • itlwmx is slow because it only operates over 2.4Ghz
  • the intel bluetooth module would sometimes not load on boot, issues with firmware. After disabling the onboard bluetooth the system is much more stable. I disabled it with a SSDT path but you can do it through the BIOS if you wanted.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Upgraded to OpenCore 0.6.2 and latest kext, no issues!
Hi, Thank you that you're doing the test before for us ! : would like you to try to install Steinberg Cubase Element, and lanch it, just to know if with this opencore version it is possible. For now i have an Giagabyte aorus master x570 v1.2, and i would like to know if it is possible for me to use your USB kext. And a last question wich version of Bios are you using now ? thank you !

micinkator

AMD OS X Member
Helo, guys have you tried newest bios already? Im using x570 aorus elite, i cant make hackintosh work with anything newer than F11. I tried to update to F30 today but no luck, im gonna try one more thing that i found in this thread but i already tried many times before with previous versions :(

micinkator

AMD OS X Member
Nevermind :) found my answer on the forum :) working perfectly now with F30 bios :)

micinkator

AMD OS X Member
Sorry mine works ok on f30 also
ye i missed the "SetupVirtualMap" needs to be NO for X570... and it froze right on begining of the boot :D

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Nice work !

hi thank you BT is working ! but your Wifi working for you ?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Even though Intel BT and Wifi are working, there are still some compatibility issues. BT will not work for mics as there are some differences between Intels Firmware and Apples driver. On the Wifi side things are improving but speed is limited and things like AirDrop not yet working.

Another advantage of Broadcom chips is they work out of the box in the Installer even without the OS booted, I can use my Magic keyboard to enter the BIOS wireless.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Even though Intel BT and Wifi are working, there are still some compatibility issues. BT will not work for mics as there are some differences between Intels Firmware and Apples driver. On the Wifi side things are improving but speed is limited and things like AirDrop not yet working.

Another advantage of Broadcom chips is they work out of the box in the Installer even without the OS booted, I can use my Magic keyboard to enter the BIOS wireless.
Thank you for these precious informations. But someone who need it just for a moment , it can help ; after the user can put it off his EFI.
One the other hand, where i can find the wifi kext ?

ThibautFlt

AMD OS X Member
hi thank you BT is working ! but your Wifi working for you ?

I dont need it, so I didnt check but, it doesnt seem to work..

Thank you, I think I am going to add a fenvi card. Because, I found one issue : the pen of my Wacom tablet does not work when I use it with bluetooth (ok with usb).

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I dont need it, so I didnt check but, it doesnt seem to work..

Thank you, I think I am going to add a fenvi card. Because, I found one issue : the pen of my Wacom tablet does not work when I use it with bluetooth (ok with usb).
The Wifi itlwm.kext works with heliport app, but not constantly

Pabo

Donator
Donator
@olbo
Hi, I have a similar lineup as you and I managed to install according to your tutorial Osx. Everything works fine, only I have one problem-does not work me sound on any output. I was looking for a solution but i haven't found it yet. You can give me some advice. Thanks

olbo

AMD OS X Member
@olbo
Hi, I have a similar lineup as you and I managed to install according to your tutorial Osx. Everything works fine, only I have one problem-does not work me sound on any output. I was looking for a solution but i haven't found it yet. You can give me some advice. Thanks
What layout id are you using? In my EFI i mapped the audio layout-id directly to my pci device in DeviceProperties - if you copied mine just double check the paths to the audio pci device are correct using hackintool

failing that, you can set the layout-id in the boot arguments

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.