3950x - Big Sur 11.1 - OC 0.6.5 - Gigabyte Aorus Master X570

Pabo

Donator
Donator
@olbo
I want to thank you for your perfect work. I am a beginner and your tutorial and shared EFI helped me installmy first "Ryzentosh"on my mobo. I was able to get the audio up and running on your advice. Everything is working ok so far. Thanks again.

Edit:
Hi, can I have a request to share your EFI folder for OC 0.6.2 (0.6.3)? Thank you

Last edited:

olbo

AMD OS X Member
@olbo
I want to thank you for your perfect work. I am a beginner and your tutorial and shared EFI helped me installmy first "Ryzentosh"on my mobo. I was able to get the audio up and running on your advice. Everything is working ok so far. Thanks again.

Edit:
Hi, can I have a request to share your EFI folder for OC 0.6.2 (0.6.3)? Thank you
Good to hear that audio fix worked OK for you!

I've attached the EFI, due to upload limits I deleted itwlm wifi kext and resources folder, so please source those if you want to use them ...
One change I had to make was to change UIScale to 02 as OpenCode 0.6.3 changed how it manages the UEFI Output Resolution - so you may need to change that depending on what monitor you have

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 134

Pabo

Donator
Donator
@olbo
Thank you, well done! I did prefer a clean installation and everything OK. I use the F11 bios because I've tried them all but F11 seems to me the best. It does not reset CSM as occasionally when booting others.

Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 is an excellent mobo but mine sometimes has its stability problems. Bios F11 doesn't have them yet. On the forms of the Aorus Master X570 there is a lot written about it....

Next week will probably be the official BigSur, so I wonder how it will work. It is also intended to solve the problem of AMD sleeping/waking up. Some people report that it's already working on Beta BigSur. Have a nice day, everyone! Excuse my bad English language

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2020-11-08 v 19.06.59.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2020-11-08 v 19.06.59.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Snímek obrazovky 2020-11-08 v 19.08.11.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2020-11-08 v 19.08.11.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

olbo

AMD OS X Member
1605264664651.png
Big Sur success, no problems at all - performed an upgrade over my Catalina machine, OpenCore patches were updated to the experimental patch list before restarting the machine.

OpenCore and were on their latest versions

1605264776676.png

xoa

AMD OS X Member
So It is possible to upgrade to BigSur with your latest EFI without any special steps to follow as it was necessary for the Pre-Release builds? I'm using your EFI 0.6.2 with a few mods already.

Last edited:

olbo

AMD OS X Member
Make sure you're on open core 0.6.3, latest kexts (see screenshot) and you use the experimental open core patches. I did all of this and the upgrade was smooth as a normal Mac

gmork

AMD OS X Member
Everything worked great with OC 0.63 and Big Sur with my 3900x cpu. I just switched to the new Zen 3 5900x. Very nice performance.
Using the lastest bios version F31j that worked fine with 3900x. I've no issues with booting or anything. But the audio is totally messed up? Everything stutters a lot. No difference if I use my Airpods on bluetooth with my Fenvi or speakers/headphones plugged in directly into the soundcard.
Any ideas?

gmork

AMD OS X Member
Everything worked great with OC 0.63 and Big Sur with my 3900x cpu. I just switched to the new Zen 3 5900x. Very nice performance.
Using the lastest bios version F31j that worked fine with 3900x. I've no issues with booting or anything. But the audio is totally messed up? Everything stutters a lot. No difference if I use my Airpods on bluetooth with my Fenvi or speakers/headphones plugged in directly into the soundcard.
Any ideas?
Found the solution for the new cpu.
See here for the updated version of OC, https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/ryzen-5000-series-opencore-update.1164/

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Hello everyone

Guys I need help to fully get the WiFi/ BT Fenvi T919 up and running , mainly BT works sporadically. I have some information here from you from the fora, thanks to all of you I managed to create awell-functioning "Ryzentosh" but I can not cope with this Fenvi T919. I probably have to map the USB and add some kext but I can't handle it. My system is in the description below and I also add my EFI if anyone is interested in exploring it. I'm also adding some pictures. Thank you all for your support but mainly @olbo , his guide and advice are important to me....Thanks everyone and have a nice day

Snímek obrazovky 2020-12-14 v 10.03.18.pngSnímek obrazovky 2020-12-14 v 10.04.04.pngSnímek obrazovky 2020-12-14 v 10.04.45.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 36

gmork

AMD OS X Member
Heads up on bios F31o. Made my mobo behave strange and very unstable. Even after "Load Optimal Defaults" and not change anything it could stop initiating the bios with no output on dp or hdmi. Had to reset bios multiple times for no obvious reasons. Rolled back to F31j and everything is back to "normal" again.

olbo

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone

Guys I need help to fully get the WiFi/ BT Fenvi T919 up and running , mainly BT works sporadically. I have some information here from you from the fora, thanks to all of you I managed to create awell-functioning "Ryzentosh" but I can not cope with this Fenvi T919. I probably have to map the USB and add some kext but I can't handle it. My system is in the description below and I also add my EFI if anyone is interested in exploring it. I'm also adding some pictures. Thank you all for your support but mainly @olbo , his guide and advice are important to me....Thanks everyone and have a nice day

View attachment 2036View attachment 2037View attachment 2038
If your USB is mapped incorrectly the T919 won't work, since the bluetooth on the card connects to a USB header on the motherboard. What motherboard do you have?

The USB mapping is a little painful, but I promise if you put the effort in and learn you will be very happy and feel rewarded once it's been done

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Hi, I don't have a USB map at all. I can't map it even though I use the instructions in Opencore. Mobo I have a Gigabyte x570 Master. Thanks

olbo

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I don't have a USB map at all. I can't map it even though I use the instructions in Opencore. Mobo I have a Gigabyte x570 Master. Thanks
That will be the source of the problem with T919 as the bluetooth module relies on the USB header being mapped. You have the same motherboard as me so should be able to use the map provided in one of the EFI downloads.

You will need:
Code:
OC/ACPI/SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
OC/ACPI/SSDT-GP13.XHC0-to-XHC2.aml
OC/ACPI/SSDT-XHC1-to-XHCI.aml
OC/Kexts/USBMap.kext (this just contains a plist mapping the connectors, feel free to review)

I also included a DSDT patch to disable the motherboard bluetooth as it can conflict and cause issues. (see SSDT-GIGABYTE-X570-NO-BT.aml)

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Thank you very much, I will try it according to your instructions

olbo

AMD OS X Member
OC 0.6.5 and the addition of RestrictEvents is a great thing for AMD systems! Attached is the latest EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 116

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Thanks - good job! I see you did too Fixing MacPro7,1 Memory Errors.I'll probably have to adjust my RAM. What kind of RAM do you use? Thanks for your work

olbo

AMD OS X Member
I use corsair ram, 2 sticks of 16gb 3200Mhz.
You are correct, I added memory information for my RAM - there is a good guide in the open core documentation

Last edited:

UrbanLegend619

AMD OS X Member
Hi @olbo

Anything special you did to get sleep to work? I have a similar setup, Aorus X570 xtreme and a Radeon Pro 7. Everything works great, but sleep! Just curious if found anything that might help me get that working. Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.