3700x + 6700XT B550 No Install

kikkawa

AMD OS X Member
Hello!

I'm after an efi check over, ran it through sanity checker and came back good but it still doesnt boot and gives failed to bootstrap path .... error then goes go any further
Disabled 4g decoding, disabled csm etc

Made the usb through a catalina vm, tried to make the usb a few times but still no luck

Any help would be a fantastic help!

Regards,

Attachments

• config.plist
    49.9 KB · Views: 3

kikkawa

AMD OS X Member
Seems to boot loop on pci build now and doesnt load much else

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
The 6700XT has no support in BigSur. Only the 6800 6800XT and 6900XT will work at the moment.

kikkawa

AMD OS X Member
Ah damn! I should have gone for a 6800 instead then, I recently upgraded from a 980 so I could hackintosh.

Is there any mac os that supports it currently or is it still being worked on?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Ah damn! I should have gone for a 6800 instead then, I recently upgraded from a 980 so I could hackintosh.

Is there any mac os that supports it currently or is it still being worked on?
No nothing im afraid. I would imagine they will add support for the 6600 and 6700 somewhere down the line but at the same time they may not as they have no real reason too.

Unleashed611

AMD OS X Member
A 6700xt will run but it is slow, I'm not sure why but it seems to be quite sluggish. This is in Big Sur

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It is sluggish because there are no drivers in macOS for it, and macOS relies heavily on hardware acceleration to render the UI.
At this point is is not very likely that the lower Navi 22 and 23 cards (namely the 6600/6700) will get any support, otherwise Apple would already have implemented it.

Unleashed611

AMD OS X Member
It is sluggish because there are no drivers in macOS for it, and macOS relies heavily on hardware acceleration to render the UI.
At this point is is not very likely that the lower Navi 22 and 23 cards (namely the 6600/6700) will get any support, otherwise Apple would already have implemented it.
Thanks for the info, I'm using my RX580 instead but just wanted people to know it will boot into MacOS with a 6700xt although not very usable.

Nyana

AMD OS X Member
I sold my 6700XT, don't wanna wait any longe for the possibility of support ... I had the chance to buy an AMD 6800 (without XT) from ebay, cause that is fitting perfectly in my Ncase M1 Rig. No greater cards are really usable for me, and don't wanna spend more than 800 bucks for a graphic card.
Works fine so far and also my rest usability on Win10 for some games is fine, hope for no negative surprises with Monterey :)

Kirk

AMD OS X Member
Ah, same thing happened to me as yours. I was brought a 6700xt try to make a hackintosh but finally found no support by them. Then, sold it to the miner....

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.