3600, XFX 5700XT RAW II, ASUS Prime X570-Pro [OC 0.5.8 | macOS Catalina 10.15.4]

roals

AMD OS X Member
First hackintosh build and so far everything works on my first attempt!
Edit: I only used the vanilla guide and the recommended outside sources from the vanilla guide. I'm booting from the SSD itself and using the GUI bootloader. I initially started on OpenCore version 0.5.7, but upgraded to version 0.5.8.
Edit 2: I got the WiFi/Bluetooth card in and it was plug-and-play in MacOS! Fenvi has separate Windows 10 drivers for Bluetooth/WiFi which I believe are just the Apple BootCamp drivers, but they work flawlessly. I also upgraded my RAM and case fans (lol) so I updated my build list.
Edit 3: I've compiled my USB-X-DESKTOP SSDT, removed 'AppleMCEReporterDisabler' and 'NVMeFix' kexts, and also updated my MAC address–EFI files updated accordingly (still without 'Resources' files to keep the download size small).

System Build:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • MOBO: Asus Prime X570-Pro (BIOS v.1407)
  • GPU: XFX RX 5700 XT RAW II (Physical switch set to the ‘right’ side)
  • RAM: DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16-19-19-39
  • PCI-E Wireless Card: Fenvi FV-HB1200
  • SSD1: WD SN750 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD (Windows 10 Drive)
  • SSD2: HP EX950 512 GB NVMe SSD (MacOS Catalina Drive)
  • PSU: Corsair RM650x
  • Case: Corsair 275R Airflow
  • CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock TF
  • Case Fans: (3) Stock + (3) Deep Cool RF120

OS + OpenCore + SMBIOS:
  • macOS Catalina (Version: 10.15.4)
  • Windows 10 Education (Version: 1909)
  • OpenCore (Version: 0.5.8)
  • iMacPro1,1

Works:
  • Sleep
  • Audio
  • DRM (Tested with: Netflix in browser, AppleTV App, iTunes movie purchases)
  • iCloud Services (Tested with: iCloud Drive, iCloud Photos, Apple Music, Bookmark/Contacts sync, iCloud Keychain, iMessage Cloud Sync)
  • iMessage
  • App Store
  • Unlocking and R/W external APFS encrypted drive
  • Ethernet
  • WiFi (Tested with: 5GHz connection to Apple Airport Extreme Gen 5 and Gen 6)
  • Bluetooth (i.e. 2nd Gen Magic Keyboard, AirPods, AirPods Pro, Logitech G603)
  • Continuity/Handoff
  • All USB ports (Both MOBO USB ports as well as my case’s top USB ports)
  • Siri
  • FaceTime
  • AirPlay
  • AirDrop
  • 165Hz refresh rate
  • CPU Power Monitoring/Fan speeds (haven't tested changing clock speeds and don't intend to–But power management seems to be working since clock speeds stay low when idling (<3 GHz) and goes up accordingly when under load)
  • Hardware Acceleration

Doesn't Work:
  • Line in microphone jack (Apparently a common issue with Ryzentoshes)
    • AppleALC doesn't support my MOBO's audio controller's codec (Realtek S1220A) so it's unlikely that my mic jack will work until it is supported. alc-layoutid=1 has the headphone jack working so that's what I'm keeping it set to for now.
  • Sidecar (Got it to technically work but it is so laggy that it is realistically unusable)

Kexts Used:
  • AppleALC
  • Lilu
  • SmallTreeIntel82576 (Specific to my MOBO’s LAN chipset)
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement (Needed for AMD power management)
  • SMCAMDProcessor (Needed for AMD power management)
  • FocusriteUSB2Audio (This is for an external sound card I have that doesn't support Catalina that I eventually got working)

Drivers Used:
  • HfsPlus.efi
  • OpenCanopy.efi (For bootloader GUI)
  • OpenRuntime.efi

Quirks:
  • All the guides specifically recommended setting the BIOS boot setting for OS Type to ‘Windows UEFI’ with secure boot on, however my system wouldn’t boot unless OS type was set to ‘Other OS’. My MacOS SSD is set as my boot drive with OpenCore’s bootloader GUI options enabled allowing me to choose either MacOS/Windows 10. SIP is enabled.
  • RAM timing/frequency set using the BIOS‘s 3600 CL16 D.O.C.P. preset.
  • ‘Power on by PCIE/PCI’ set to ’enabled’ in BIOS
  • Couldn’t find the ‘Above 4G Decoding’ BIOS setting so I used the additional boot-arg: npci=0x2000

I attached my EFI folder without the Resources folder since it's 95mb. The linked Resources folder goes under EFI > OC which I found under the Add GUI and Boot-chime section of the OpenCore Desktop Guide.

Attachments

• For AMD-OSX.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:

ivankayzer

AMD OS X Member
Congratulations on your hackintosh! I have almost the same build but different mobo (B450 Tomahawk Max) and sleep doesn't work when any of USB 3.0 ports is in use on macOS 10.15.1. What version of Catalina do you have? And could you share your EFI folder please? Thank you.

roals

AMD OS X Member
Congratulations on your hackintosh! I have almost the same build but different mobo (B450 Tomahawk Max) and sleep doesn't work when any of USB 3.0 ports is in use on macOS 10.15.1. What version of Catalina do you have? And could you share your EFI folder please? Thank you.
I updated my post with more information and my EFI folder (minus the resources folder).

S3il3S

AMD OS X Member
Congratulation (y) I am using the same Mobo and almost everything is working like it should. Only the sleep mode won't work probably. As long as im just sending my monitor to sleep it works fine., but as soon as I try to send the hole PC to sleep it Panik's after 180 sec.
The smaller Problem I have is with the Bios. I can't enter it after I Installed OpenCore0.5.8. to enter it again after booting macOS I need to Update the Bios over The windows update manager from ASUS.
Are there any known fixes?

I'm not using the kext:
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler
  • NVMeFix
and also not the Driver:
  • OpenCanopy.efi

mjb152

AMD OS X Member
I have this motherboard and the same issue, how did you overcome it ?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Check which controller this ports are connected to, might be that another one works better.

roals

AMD OS X Member
Congratulation (y) I am using the same Mobo and almost everything is working like it should. Only the sleep mode won't work probably. As long as im just sending my monitor to sleep it works fine., but as soon as I try to send the hole PC to sleep it Panik's after 180 sec.
The smaller Problem I have is with the Bios. I can't enter it after I Installed OpenCore0.5.8. to enter it again after booting macOS I need to Update the Bios over The windows update manager from ASUS.

I'm not using the kext:
  • NVMeFix
and also not the Driver:
  • OpenCanopy.efi

I also could not enter the BIOS after upgrading OpenCore from 0.5.7->0.5.8. I flashed the latest BIOS in Windows 10 using ASUS’s AI Suite 3 EZ Update tool and re-set all the recommended BIOS settings–Haven’t had an issue since.

roals

AMD OS X Member

I'm not using the kext:
  • NVMeFix
and also not the Driver:
  • OpenCanopy.efi

I've removed 'AppleMCEReporterDisabler' and 'NVMeFix' as well. Thanks!

djmartain

AMD OS X Member
I have a similar build but i'm facing Audio issues with my external interface. I'm using the RME Babyface drivers that are compliant with Catalina. It's working normal mostly but whenever I open Ableton Live and add an instrument, my whole system audio begins stuttering. Did you encounter something similar? Care to test it out? I built this pc as an audio workstation but my audio not working is driving me crazy.

naamanf

AMD OS X Member
Similar build that I am trying to do an install on. I'm basically using your plist and files, modified with my GenSMBios settings and it is crashing during install. How was you is the plist you shared what you used for the install?

funnyboy44

AMD OS X Member
First hackintosh build and so far everything works on my first attempt!
Edit: I only used the vanilla guide and the recommended outside sources from the vanilla guide. I'm booting from the SSD itself and using the GUI bootloader. I initially started on OpenCore version 0.5.7, but upgraded to version 0.5.8.
Edit 2: I got the WiFi/Bluetooth card in and it was plug-and-play in MacOS! Fenvi has separate Windows 10 drivers for Bluetooth/WiFi which I believe are just the Apple BootCamp drivers, but they work flawlessly. I also upgraded my RAM and case fans (lol) so I updated my build list.
Edit 3: I've compiled my USB-X-DESKTOP SSDT, removed 'AppleMCEReporterDisabler' and 'NVMeFix' kexts, and also updated my MAC address–EFI files updated accordingly (still without 'Resources' files to keep the download size small).

System Build:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • MOBO: Asus Prime X570-Pro (BIOS v.1407)
  • GPU: XFX RX 5700 XT RAW II (Physical switch set to the ‘right’ side)
  • RAM: DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16-19-19-39
  • PCI-E Wireless Card: Fenvi FV-HB1200
  • SSD1: WD SN750 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD (Windows 10 Drive)
  • SSD2: HP EX950 512 GB NVMe SSD (MacOS Catalina Drive)
  • PSU: Corsair RM650x
  • Case: Corsair 275R Airflow
  • CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock TF
  • Case Fans: (3) Stock + (3) Deep Cool RF120

OS + OpenCore + SMBIOS:
  • macOS Catalina (Version: 10.15.4)
  • Windows 10 Education (Version: 1909)
  • OpenCore (Version: 0.5.8)
  • iMacPro1,1

Works:
  • Sleep
  • Audio
  • DRM (Tested with: Netflix in browser, AppleTV App, iTunes movie purchases)
  • iCloud Services (Tested with: iCloud Drive, iCloud Photos, Apple Music, Bookmark/Contacts sync, iCloud Keychain, iMessage Cloud Sync)
  • iMessage
  • App Store
  • Unlocking and R/W external APFS encrypted drive
  • Ethernet
  • WiFi (Tested with: 5GHz connection to Apple Airport Extreme Gen 5 and Gen 6)
  • Bluetooth (i.e. 2nd Gen Magic Keyboard, AirPods, AirPods Pro, Logitech G603)
  • Continuity/Handoff
  • All USB ports (Both MOBO USB ports as well as my case’s top USB ports)
  • Siri
  • FaceTime
  • AirPlay
  • AirDrop
  • 165Hz refresh rate
  • CPU Power Monitoring/Fan speeds (haven't tested changing clock speeds and don't intend to–But power management seems to be working since clock speeds stay low when idling (<3 GHz) and goes up accordingly when under load)
  • Hardware Acceleration

Doesn't Work:
  • Line in microphone jack (Apparently a common issue with Ryzentoshes)
    • AppleALC doesn't support my MOBO's audio controller's codec (Realtek S1220A) so it's unlikely that my mic jack will work until it is supported. alc-layoutid=1 has the headphone jack working so that's what I'm keeping it set to for now.
  • Sidecar (Got it to technically work but it is so laggy that it is realistically unusable)

Kexts Used:
  • AppleALC
  • Lilu
  • SmallTreeIntel82576 (Specific to my MOBO’s LAN chipset)
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement (Needed for AMD power management)
  • SMCAMDProcessor (Needed for AMD power management)
  • FocusriteUSB2Audio (This is for an external sound card I have that doesn't support Catalina that I eventually got working)

Drivers Used:
  • HfsPlus.efi
  • OpenCanopy.efi (For bootloader GUI)
  • OpenRuntime.efi

Quirks:
  • All the guides specifically recommended setting the BIOS boot setting for OS Type to ‘Windows UEFI’ with secure boot on, however my system wouldn’t boot unless OS type was set to ‘Other OS’. My MacOS SSD is set as my boot drive with OpenCore’s bootloader GUI options enabled allowing me to choose either MacOS/Windows 10. SIP is enabled.
  • RAM timing/frequency set using the BIOS‘s 3600 CL16 D.O.C.P. preset.
  • ‘Power on by PCIE/PCI’ set to ’enabled’ in BIOS
  • Couldn’t find the ‘Above 4G Decoding’ BIOS setting so I used the additional boot-arg: npci=0x2000

I attached my EFI folder without the Resources folder since it's 95mb. The linked Resources folder goes under EFI > OC which I found under the Add GUI and Boot-chime section of the OpenCore Desktop Guide.

hi Roals i need help, my mobo and gpu its the same i have created pen with 10.15.6 but when put your efi file i have no boot... please help thanks

Axam

AMD OS X Member
What speed of USB 3.0 devices you got? Is it 480 Mbps or 5 Gbps?

t968rs

AMD OS X Member
Line in microphone jack (Apparently a common issue with Ryzentoshes)

Try layout ID 6 or 7. From memory, that gets the Realtek S1220A working on Intel hacks

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.