2600x dual boot

setmason

AMD OS X Member
I have a PC with Windows 10 with a Ryzen 2600x and a GTX 1070 ti, but I mainly use Logic on my macbook. So I heard about hackintosh and I want to try it.

I have a 120gb ssd and a 480gb one. I want to have windows 10 on the 120gb ssd and Mac os on the 480 gb one.

So my question is how would I go about doing this? What is the most compatible mac os version with my specs? Also, would you recommend any tutorials that go over how to do this?

Thanks

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

setmason

AMD OS X Member
Soo, operation partly successful, I managed to get to the End RandomSeed part but there it gets stuck. I followed the troubleshooting guide but everything seems to be in order in the EFI file. The drive im trying to install mac os on is in a GPT format. 2600x is Zen+ which falls under AMD 17h, however B550 and A520 are not compatible with 2600x. So should SSDT-CPUR be used?

thanks

Attachments

• opencore-2021-10-08-190113.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
SSDT-CPUR is only a requirement for B550. Did you set the CoreCount patch and enable ProvideCurrentCpuInfo as stated in the GitHub ReadMe?

setmason

AMD OS X Member
YES!! That was it! I don't know how i missed such an important step.

Thanks

setmason

AMD OS X Member
SSDT-CPUR is only a requirement for B550. Did you set the CoreCount patch and enable ProvideCurrentCpuInfo as stated in the GitHub ReadMe?
im sorry to bother you again, but i've searched everywhere and I can't find an answer. The boot from the usb is successful, i got to the disk utility window, formated the ssd, and the chose the ssd in the install macos window. However, when the computer restarts and open core loads up again there is no ssd as an option to continue installation from. It doesn't let me boot from the ssd, it says the file is empty.

There should be 16 patches under kernel>patches, right? not 33?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Yes there's only 16 patches. What did you format the drive as? Also what make/model is it? Some drives need a firmware update so they work correctly with macOS for some reason. Also double check your BIOS settings against the guide. Mainly that SATA is set to AHCI.

setmason

AMD OS X Member
Before Disk Utility it was GPT, and then I formatted it to APFS with GUID scheme, just like it says in the guide. The SSD's model is Kingston A400. Sata is set to AHCI.

EDIT : no firmware update available... hm.
EDIT 2: I formated the drive to the default format in disk util. Now it works, but it says that my installer resources have expired.
EDIT 3: time wasn't set correctly in BIOS. Still the same problem even with correct time.
EDIT 4: had to update time through terminal before disk utility. Now it seems to be installing correctly.
EDIT 5: So it installed correctly the first time - from the SSD - but after it restarts I can't choose the SSD in open core, it disappears again. Disk util says the SSD has 10gb of data written on it so there is something on there. I just can't install further.

at this point im thinking of just selling my pc and buying a mac...

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try this. In your config set MinDate and MinVersion in UEFI -> APFS to -1.

setmason

AMD OS X Member
Try this. In your config set MinDate and MinVersion in UEFI -> APFS to -1.
Nice! That worked! I managed to install macOS. iCloud works, App Store works, Ethernet works. Audio works. Booting without an USB works.
But it's not detecting my gpu. I installed the correct Nvidia web drivers but my Graphics section in ''about my Mac'' still says Display 22mb.

I know what's wrong. My build is 17G66, but the problem is updating through the App Store doesn't work. I can download the update but on reboot it's still there available to download. There's no nVidia drivers for 17G66.

EDIT: EVERYTHING WORKS, I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH! I had to boot from MacOS installer in order to install updates. I love this forum.

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Glad you got it up and running. When the market levels out get an AMD GPU and you could run Monterey.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.