11.6.1 Boots fine - 12.x boot stuck at #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]

buzuddha

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

Thanks again for all your help in advance. This post refers to Hack#2 in my signature.

I would prefer to update to Monterey, but am stuck at "#[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]".

I've read a lot about this and tried quite a lot of the purported fixes on dortania's guide HERE and read through THIS.

I have one hunch: I had this issue prior to a monterey install on my Rocket Lake hack. When I ran into this issue with my "from scratch" EFI, I grabbed THIS ONE from SchmockLord. I started comparing my "from scratch" plist to that of the one I pulled from github and tried making changes one by one. He has values for Cpuid1Data and Cpuid1Mask, so I pasted those in to my "from scratch" EFI and poof! I made it past #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]. The problem here is I have googled and googled and can't seem to find values for a 5800X to put into these fields. Using the i7 values doesn't work here.

Hack#2 EFI Folder

If anyone knows if my hunch is correct/what to put in these fields, or even can just explain them some, I'd be grateful.

Likewise, if anyone can see what I should change to get this working on my 5800X hack, I'd be very glad!

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
For Monterey you need a recent OC and the latest Kernel patches, the old ones you're using don't support it.

buzuddha

AMD OS X Member
Thanks! Weird, I thought I was working with OC 0.7.6, but I guess the OCC EFI generator uses old versions of OC. Anyhow, got Monterey installed. Bluetooth working with the Bluetoothfirmwareinjector.kext drop and the BlueToolFixUp.kext add.

EFI's for Hack#2 in my signature
New EFIs for Big Sur and Monterey

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.