11.4 beta works but freezes after 15 minutes

cheezeballzs

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure what is the problem. I've installed Big Sur 11.4 beta and the installation went through just fine with Opencore 0.6.8. When I turn on my computer, it works for a just few minutes, then the whole screen freezes. I would then have to hard power off my computer. I don't know what the problem is. I've attached my config.plist here. Also, here are my hardware:

3950x
Asus x570-f (motherboard)
Vega 56
Crucial P5 1tb nvme ssd
32 GB ram

Attachments

• config.plist
    52.6 KB · Views: 3

Arrakis

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@ cheezeballzs
Maybe in config.plist:
dummypowermanagement, try to enable it if it is disabled or vice versa.

cheezeballzs

AMD OS X Member
thanks @Arrakis ... I had my titan ridge card (unflashed) connected and I removed it. Now the freezing has stopped. That may have been the culprit.

One another note, I'm using SMBIOS MacPro7,1 and somehow my Blackmagic Decklink card (PCI x4) is not recognized. It used to work when I was running OS 10.15. Still works when I boot to Windows. But now it's not recognized at all. Is it because of my SMBIOS or could it be something else?

Arrakis

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@cheezeballzs
I use a BlackMagic Design UltraStudio 4K Mini so it's an external interface connected in thunderbold 3 and every time when I switch from Windows or BigSur, I have to do a firmware update of Ultrastudio 4k mini. it is offered to me automatically.
I think we have to look on this side.

iGPU

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
thanks @Arrakis ... I had my titan ridge card (unflashed) connected and I removed it. Now the freezing has stopped. That may have been the culprit.

One another note, I'm using SMBIOS MacPro7,1 and somehow my Blackmagic Decklink card (PCI x4) is not recognized. It used to work when I was running OS 10.15. Still works when I boot to Windows. But now it's not recognized at all. Is it because of my SMBIOS or could it be something else?

Thanks!

I saw your thread title and was having the exact same issue. I too removed the TB AIC on my TRX40 (the mobo does not natively support TB), and the freezing stopped.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.